Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 391 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... if the hub weren't themed to astrology/sci-fi/space-ish.
What does a dueling coaster have to do with astrology?

The coaster is set off to the side of the hub the same as the other lands. If they wanted the coaster to be F&F themed they could probably make it work by just changing up the theming near its entrance a little bit.

I guess my bigger point is that if Universal is choosing to build a "racing" roller coaster and giving it a original/generic theme rather than F&F, that doesn't seem to bode very well for ever getting a better F&F ride in Orlando.

The coaster is set off to the side of the hub the same as the other lands. If they wanted the coaster to be F&F themed they could probably make it work by just changing up the theming near its entrance a little bit.

I guess my bigger point is that if Universal is choosing to build a "racing" roller coaster and giving it a original/generic theme rather than F&F, that doesn't seem to bode very well for ever getting a better F&F ride in Orlando.

Just one example. And it's a dueling coaster. Except the Galactica coaster in Singapore was built by Vekoma. Whereas the one in Epic will be built by Mack. If Vekoma was building the Epic Universe Hub Coaster it probably would have been a copy of the Galactica coaster.

"Battlestar Galactica: Human vs. Cylon is a pair of steel, dueling roller coasters at Universal Studios Singapore. One of the coasters is an inverted roller coaster track in blue (gray from 2017 onwards), and the other half is a traditional seated roller coaster in red. The coasters, which opened in 2010 and was inactive between 2013 and 2015, reach 42.5 metres (139 ft) in height and are the tallest dueling coasters in the world.

Universal Studios Singapore is the only Universal Studios amusement park to have a Battlestar Galactica roller coaster. It was the first Vekoma coaster, after the Flying Dutchman, to feature four-abreast seating that is similar to coasters by Bolliger & Mabillard."

Reactions: Suchomimus

The working name for the ride is celestial themed.

Reactions: Alicia
Absurd that a dueling coaster is themed to astrology. The only theme a dueling coaster should have is that of the 2021 historical drama The Last Duel, with each track layout symbolically mirroring the emotional perspective of one of it's principle characters.

Absurd that a dueling coaster is themed to astrology. The only theme a dueling coaster should have is that of the 2021 historical drama The Last Duel, with each track layout symbolically mirroring the emotional perspective of one of it's principle characters.
I cannot believe you would say this. The answer is so obvious, the ONLY acceptable theming for a dueling coaster is Hamilton's Ten Duel Commandments. There's got to be a relaunch each time they give a new commandment.

Reactions: PerceptiveCoot
Any relation between the designs of Mummy, Dracula, and Wolfman for HHN this year and EU? I think the designs look great so if they want to go with a fresh look for the monsters in the land this would be a great choice.

Any relation between the designs of Mummy, Dracula, and Wolfman for HHN this year and EU? I think the designs look great so if they want to go with a fresh look for the monsters in the land this would be a great choice.

I personally think the designs are slightly too far removed from the classic depictions (to the point that they kind of look like a generic vampire, werewolf, and mummy a bit more than the specific Universal incarnations of the characters), but I'm expecting the EU versions will be similar.

Which wouldn't be my preference, but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.