Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There’s a lot that goes into any event that directly impacts guest services…I doubt they’d be privy to the design/content of the actual houses though. I’d guess the person you were speaking with was more referring to things like hours, capacity limits, Virtual Line, etc. Things that directly impact the operation. Plexiglass wouldn’t really move the needle for guest services, and even if it did it would just be a matter of taking complaints after the fact, nothing they can really prepare for.

All that to say…it could still go either way.
Yup. I'd bet you a krusty burger that kid had no clue either way

It would make a huge difference to me if they did this, and they also actually enforced it with repercussions for breaking the rules.
I do see masks coming, but no way could they operationally pulse groups with the crowds. It would be a nightmare. Plus, there is no social distancing in the daytime, nor do I see them going backwards.

Basically, they had the social distancing markers on the floor and you basically just had to keep your distance from the group in front of you. TMs in the houses also made sure you weren't creeping up behind anyone and vice versa people weren't on top of you from behind. Made the run throughs more fun.
Lol they "got me" twice by jumping out in front of me with the pool noodles

I'm not sure if I'm alone, but sometimes the house ops provide some of the best scares of the night

They hide very well

Looking at October Deluxe hotel bookings....the room supply is still very limited. Universal has kept the rates for all hotels at a moderate to high level. What Deluxe rooms that are available are priced pretty high.,
and there's not much to choose from. So, it's looking like the high end guests are still coming in. September Deluxe room availability and pricing looks about the same as past years, namely value season prices and scattered
type of room choices, depending on the September week.

Looking at October Deluxe hotel bookings....the room supply is still very limited. Universal has kept the rates for all hotels at a moderate to high level. What Deluxe rooms that are available are priced pretty high.,
and there's not much to choose from. So, it's looking like the high end guests are still coming in. September Deluxe room availability and pricing looks about the same as past years, namely value season prices and scattered
type of room choices, depending on the September week.

Do we know how many rooms are being filled per day? It's no secret that the country is still facing a major labor shortage with low-earning positions. Is it possible they're keeping prices so high with limited rooms because they don't have enough people in housekeeping to fully book?

Do we know how many rooms are being filled per day? It's no secret that the country is still facing a major labor shortage with low-earning positions. Is it possible they're keeping prices so high with limited rooms because they don't have enough people in housekeeping to fully book?
No idea on your thoughts....But I do know, from peeps, that even the largest total room hotels on campus were at 100% capacity levels often during the summer rush. Plus, the fact they don't do daily room cleaning drastically decreases
the number of housekeeping workers required. They only clean a room when a guest leaves. I'm guessing room inventory is normal. If they have demand, they fill it.....But September IS September. There's always rooms available
somewhere on the property. It's the dead month of the year.....October is another story. With school holidays, that's become a pretty strong vacation month......

Last edited: