Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 23 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm going through COVID now, I'm vaccinated too. So, I'm not too worried about catching it at the event anymore. I will be there opening weekend and in the middle of September. I decided not to cancel and I will have the best time ever. Missing HHN last year was enough, I need my fix.
Kind of where I'm at...I mean I'm going the end of September

But I'm over the theories and griping

My friends and I are doing HHN, both HOS's, and putting on our neighborhood haunted house

I'm double tempted to do HHN Hollywood and Knotts as well if we can make it work

Just my two cents 'opinion'.....September days in the Universal parks could be a bit slower than normal 'September slow' since there's no European visitors this year. They're generally a
significant addition to attendance in late August, and September, a time when out of state tourism wanes...On HHN, though, I don't see it slowing significantly. The main age demographic
that attends Universal hasn't taken covid seriously since day one. They went to bar/restaurants/private parties in pretty much full force before vaccines. And since vaccines they're the
least vaccinated age group. So, I doubt Delta will scare many of them away from HHN. ...............But a caveat, of course, with covid, anything could change overnight if the crisis gets considerably worse.

I am fully vaccinated and will be masking up as appropriate. I’m going twice in September.
No question I’m wearing a mask in the houses, but the thought of wearing one outdoors in the September humidity/heat for hours in line is what’s got me on the edge of either cancelling the trip or accepting I won’t wear a mask in line (for some of the time at least).

I did the whole mask in the summertime thing last year and found it immensely unenjoyable.

No question I’m wearing a mask in the houses, but the thought of wearing one outdoors in the September humidity/heat for hours in line is what’s got me on the edge of either cancelling the trip or accepting I won’t wear a mask in line (for some of the time at least).

I did the whole mask in the summertime thing last year and found it immensely unenjoyable.
I'm a cold loving northeasterner and I understand. I'll do it, but the hours we usually spend in the parks before and during HHN would be a real slog and I'd likely want to have it on at all times near people. I don't want to be selfish, but I also want to enjoy myself.

I likely won’t wear one outside or in outdoor lines because I’m vaccinated but that doesn’t mean it’s a solid no, I’ll totally wear one if I don’t feel comfortable or if it’s required. I also know my risk tolerance is different as I’ve been working in manufacturing around old dudes who can’t wear a mask correctly since May 2020.

For those discussing plastic barriers for HHN houses....Today's NY Times (paywall)..."Those Anti-Covid Plastic Barriers Probably Don't Help and
May Make Matters Worse". "
Erecting plastic barriers can change airflow in a room, disrupt normal ventilation, and create 'dead zones' where viral aerosol
particles can build up and become highly concentrated'...The article quotes a number of studies and discusses why plastic shielding is probably
a negative health effect in supermarkets, restaurants, schools, etc.

For those discussing plastic barriers for HHN houses....Today's NY Times (paywall)..."Those Anti-Covid Plastic Barriers Probably Don't Help and
May Make Matters Worse". "
Erecting plastic barriers can change airflow in a room, disrupt normal ventilation, and create 'dead zones' where viral aerosol
particles can build up and become highly concentrated'...The article quotes a number of studies and discusses why plastic shielding is probably
a negative health effect in supermarkets, restaurants, schools, etc.

It makes sense, the infected particles would just get stuck and linger in that area. I can imagine it would be worse for the scare actors behind them.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I likely won’t wear one outside or in outdoor lines because I’m vaccinated but that doesn’t mean it’s a solid no, I’ll totally wear one if I don’t feel comfortable or if it’s required. I also know my risk tolerance is different as I’ve been working in manufacturing around old dudes who can’t wear a mask correctly since May 2020.

This is my feeling too. The Florida heat and humidity makes mask wearing difficult as my face and beard get drenched in sweat.

This is my feeling too. The Florida heat and humidity makes mask wearing difficult as my face and beard get drenched in sweat.

I used to have that problem until I got these. Solved the problem instantly.

Face Mask Bracket Large for Men,3D Mask Bracket Internal Support Frame for Cloth Mask,3D Face Mask with Wearable Lanyard Keep Fabric off Mouth(5PCS) Amazon product ASIN B08R6VRXYW

Thinking about it...

51cPvEg4VcL._AC_.jpg

If you see a man in a light up mask with an "OPEN IRON GWAZI" shirt...feel free to say hello

Are these actual functioning masks and not like those smartarse mesh masks? If so I might need one.
I have no idea. I'm doing Cyberpunk for Halloween this year and I'm trying to find dual function masks

I'm sure they say "not for medical use" as the Universal ones I bought do haha