Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

At the end of the day, I go back to my original point. At the moment there is no vaccine for under 16, and Universal doing this cause the "governor" allowed it to me is too preemptive.
That is actually not why Universal is going to 3ft. Orange County guidelines here in Orlando went from 6ft to 3ft about a week ago.

Either way, keep any comments or quips you may have about political figures out of this, no matter how small. Go do that on Twitter if you want, but we're not doing that here.

Would you want to be a scareactor without it?

Gotta protect the performers first and foremost, and spit can get in eyeballs, face masks be damned

Unless they decide to go full mask / prosthetics for all SAs
As someone who has scared many times and is now fully vaxxed, i'd feel perfectly comfortable without plexiglass. I'd feel plenty comfortable wearing masks, but would actually rather no plexiglass.

That is actually not why Universal is going to 3ft. Orange County guidelines here in Orlando went from 6ft to 3ft about a week ago.

Either way, keep any comments or quips you may have about political figures out of this, no matter how small. Go do that on Twitter if you want, but we're not doing that here.

I don't get political at all, so no worries about me going there, I use Twitter for theme park and sports news :grin:

But I wasn't aware OC rules changed already, thought the plan was for later on but with the new bill signed it accelerated the timeline, hence the changes. Learn something new every day

I don't get political at all, so no worries about me going there, I use Twitter for theme park and sports news :grin:

But I wasn't aware OC rules changed already, thought the plan was for later on but with the new bill signed it accelerated the timeline, hence the changes. Learn something new every day
They also said it was a "waste of resources" to do health screening (temperature checks), which is also why those are leaving. Universal is following the Orange county phased reopening, not the State of Florida guidelines.

In the OC phased reopening plan, mask mandates are removed at 50% having received 1 shot of the vaccine at least. OC's vaccination rate is currently at around 46% (probably higher now), so according to those county guidelines, masks could be removed soon too. I don't think they will until the end of summer , but I am expecting HHN will be "mask encouraged, but not mandatory".

OC's vaccination rate is currently at around 46% (probably higher now),
46.2% as of yesterday and the 14-day positivity rate is down to 6.9%. Getting that to 5% is part of achieving phase 3. We should hit 50%/Phase 2 within the next 2 weeks or so. Slowly getting there!

Do we know how things are currently working at the restaurants? Is less capacity due to Covid causing long lines (and long waits) to get in? What's the latest on how things are going? I'm coming down first of June so I would like to prepare my wife for how its going to work.

My experience from today: distancing in queues was non-existent. Every ride had people basically shoulder to shoulder with no attempts from TMs to enforce the 3 ft spaces. Now, given where we are with vaccines, it didn't bother me as much as it definitely would have a year ago. But it still gives you an idea on where the parks are heading going into the summer.

As for restaurants, I only ate at Fast Food Boulevard today about 10 minutes before they closed, so I have no clue how much changed there. However, I did see that Cafe 4 had plexiglass dividers set up between the 8-seat tables, effectively increasing capacity at that spot. Don't know how many others have adopted a similar setup.

It was nice to see gift shops like Treasures of Poseidon and the USF Christmas store open again. Even felt good to go on Fast and Furious again (never thought I'd type that) knowing that the ride helps support jobs.

My experience from today: distancing in queues was non-existent. Every ride had people basically shoulder to shoulder with no attempts from TMs to enforce the 3 ft spaces. Now, given where we are with vaccines, it didn't bother me as much as it definitely would have a year ago. But it still gives you an idea on where the parks are heading going into the summer.

As for restaurants, I only ate at Fast Food Boulevard today about 10 minutes before they closed, so I have no clue how much changed there. However, I did see that Cafe 4 had plexiglass dividers set up between the 8-seat tables, effectively increasing capacity at that spot. Don't know how many others have adopted a similar setup.

It was nice to see gift shops like Treasures of Poseidon and the USF Christmas store open again. Even felt good to go on Fast and Furious again (never thought I'd type that) knowing that the ride helps support jobs.
I'll be honest, you lost me here

Kidding aside. I assume 3ft is just there to say they're attempting some kind of distancing

At that point it's really getting back to where it was

I think I'm going next Saturday so I'll see firsthand

I'm still hoping they keeps masks around a bit longer

With the new guidance - curious to hear if anyone gets wind of additional changes that happen but might not be announced publicly.

Since kids under 12 can’t get the vaccine, I do wonder if the parks will loosen mask restrictions until they’re granted access. I know they are low risk, but since the parks are inherently family destinations you have to consider that it might be terrible press for them, especially if kids come back sick from vacation.

Young kids probably won't have a vaccine approved until Fall or Winter. I don't see Universal waiting that long, at least for outdoors. The science says young kids are low risk for dangerous infection
and spreading covid.

Young kids probably won't have a vaccine approved until Fall or Winter. I don't see Universal waiting that long, at least for outdoors. The science says young kids are low risk for dangerous infection
and spreading covid.

For spread that is not true at all.

That's not really what that article said. They only suggested that in recent studies young children may have as much viral in their respiratory as adults, though earlier studies said otherwise. But the key, which this article doesn't address, is that younger children, do not spread it as readily as adults, due to lesser volume of air particles that they emit. That was a major point in studies on the spread.

and spreading covid.

Agreed. Young kids will be going to outdoor sporting events this summer with full capacity crowds. I think (hope) we will see a "Masks Optional" policy at the parks this Summer.