Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Being told that masks will be optional when walking around outdoors at Uni starting tomorrow. Only required in line.

Walking into a showing of Spiral now, so I look forward to coming back to chaos in two hours :lol:
If the line is outdoors is it required? Or only when you enter a building?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Being told that masks will be optional when walking around outdoors at Uni starting tomorrow. Only required in line.

Walking into a showing of Spiral now, so I look forward to coming back to chaos in two hours :lol:
Good. Dave @Disneyhead and I have been speculating on that privately the past couple of weeks. We guessed this would happen soon. I scheduled my June vacation with the assumption Universal would
lift it once Orange County reached their 50% threshold, which should happen just about now. I can live with it indoors, but too hot and uncomfortable outdoors. I've been fully vaccinated for a long time, so I
don't have any safety issues......Edit: Kennywood Park & Hershey Park just announced that fully vaccinated guests do not have to wear masks.

Last edited:
Boy, did I pick a interesting day to start my trip. X3

I'm still good with wearing my mask, though it's nice knowing this time I'll be able to take it off if I need a quick breather anywhere outside. (Last September with it's unusual heat did get a tad rough at points.)

Reactions: ReelJustice
Universal Orlando has changed their safety guidelines, dropping its mandated outdoor mask requirement for visiting guests.

Mayor Denning said he was lifting all mandates once single shot reaches 70%, which isn't far off. So it may end up all masking off when (if) that threshold is reached. Seeing
Universals reaction to distancing, check temps, and outdoor masking, namely almost immediately after policy change, I'm 'guessing' they eliminate all masking requirements
once that threshold is reached, or Denning, issues the order. With the CDC posting, he might well end up doing it sooner than 70%......Note: Especially in lieu of parks that are in the
more covid conscious northeastern US, eliminating masks for vaccinated completely. .Orlando is in Florida after all.

Last edited:
Mayor Denning said he was lifting all mandates once single shot reaches 70%, which isn't far off. So it may end up all masking off when (if) that threshold is reached. Seeing
Universals reaction to distancing, check temps, and outdoor masking, namely almost immediately after policy change, I'm 'guessing' they eliminate all masking requirements
once that threshold is reached, or Denning, issues the order. With the CDC posting, he might well end up doing it sooner than 70%.
For reference, Orange County technically hit "Phase 2" today which includes dropping masks outdoors and physical distancing being dropped to "encouraged":