Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal's "Getting Closer to Normal" Guidelines

I'm confused

Why are people saying this is bad for TM/CMs? If they are vaccinated then they have a VERY very good chance of nothing happening. If they are not, I don't know what to tell anyone they are over 18 and made the choice not to take the vaccine so should have no fears or Covid.

I’m coming down in 2 weeks so this is all just a bummer that this is happening. I won’t get into the political aspect of everything, it’s all just very disappointing and frustrating.

The “encouragement” of masks for guests, to me seems like a case of Universal not wanting unhappy, belligerent guests causing scenes and what not. That’s just my opinion. Whether it’s right or wrong.

I’m from NY, and while things are better here than it is in Florida, it’s just hard to all of a sudden backtrack and enforce masks again without pushback. Every week you see more and more people ditching masks, myself included. I’m fully vaccinated too. I decided to do the right thing and wait until I was fully vaxxed to ditch the mask. Unfortunately (and predictably) there was really no way to enforce it and know who is or isn’t. So here we are.

So as easy as it is to say “just wear the damn mask”, you gotta see it from the other point of view where a vaccine was supposed to be the endgame. The fact that we’re going backwards is frustrating to a lot of people who just want to go back to normal.

I’m not sure what Universal’s endgame is here…granted they can reinstitute mask mandates at any time, but if they think the US will follow in the UK’s trend with Delta they’re most likely wrong. Unless we see a massive increase in vaccinations within the next two weeks, I think this will hit us hard for quite a bit longer than we saw in the UK.

It’s frustrating that the OC mayor is saying there is no room left in hospitals and peoples surgeries are being pushed out or cancelled. The entire point of the lockdown and masking in the first place was to prevent hospitalizations and here we are getting back to the height of patients again. Why is it any different this time? Just because half the people are vaccinated doesn’t change that the hospitals are overrun.

Last edited:
It’s really a joke. Against the CDC recommendation. They mandate for TM’s but not guests? So do they actually care about their TM’s or guests? Having one set of people masked and not another does nothing to protect those TM’s nor guests.

Boo to them on this one. Boo.
I'm not sure what's worse - Universal changing their mask policies and coming up with THIS or SeaWorld just not doing anything.

Judging by reporting on the memo behind the CDC's latest guidelines, it looks like we're moving towards trying to do more to protect the vaccinated from both contracting and spreading delta, as it appears that delta is causing asymptomatic infection of vaccinated individuals that they can then pass on at a much, much higher rate than any other variant. I think that partially explains why the infection rate is so high. I saw a headline yesterday that said that contracting COVID is basically inevitable at this point and I pray that people can get vaccinated in time to prevent serious infection or death.

Just because half the people are vaccinated doesn’t change that the hospitals are overrun.
This is the key point from here on out.

If you need medical attention and it’s slowed because the ICU is filled with clowns who didn’t get vaccinated, it doesn’t matter whether or not you’re vaccinated. Since we’ve found that vaccinated, asymptomatic people can be spreaders of delta, not wearing a mask indoors can contribute to the Covid-tangential problem that you or one of your loved ones may encounter.

I get it, people just want to get back to “normal” (which to be honest, wearing a mask isn’t stopping you from doing anything). But in the spectrum of global catastrophic events, would you rather wear a mask or deal with an asteroid impact like the dinosaurs had to face?

I have to say, I’m disappointed in Universal but not surprised. Nor am I surprised by SeaWorld, but I’d say that’s more because they don’t really seem to take much leadership in things like this - probably because they’re all stretched so thin.

Last edited:
This is the key point from here on out.

If you need medical attention and it’s slowed because the ICU is filled with clowns who didn’t get vaccinated, it doesn’t matter whether or not you’re vaccinated. Since we’ve found that vaccinated, asymptomatic people can be spreaders of delta, not wearing a mask indoors can contribute to the Covid-tangential problem that you or one of your loved ones may encounter.

I get it, people just want to get back to “normal” (which to be honest, wearing a mask isn’t stopping you from doing anything). But in the spectrum of global catastrophic events, would you rather wear a mask or deal with an asteroid impact like the dinosaurs had to face?

I have to say, I’m disappointed in Universal but not surprised. Nor am I surprised by SeaWorld, but I’d say that’s more because they don’t really seem to take much leadership in things like this - probably because they’re all stretched so thin.

SeaWorld is surprising to me for when they had a mask policy, I use to hear that SeaWorld was the strictest enforcer as they claimed they were doing it for the health of their animals -- for them to do nothing now, well they prior actions make it feel like they are now saying they do not care about their animals -- maybe the science has shown only cats get COVID?

SeaWorld is surprising to me for when they had a mask policy, I use to hear that SeaWorld was the strictest enforcer as they claimed they were doing it for the health of their animals -- for them to do nothing now, well they prior actions make it feel like they are now saying they do not care about their animals -- maybe the science has shown only cats get COVID?
SeaWorld was probably the most lenient, right there next to Universal. Disney was the most strict when it came to masks as they played it super safe.

:ninja:

I'm not sure what's worse - Universal changing their mask policies and coming up with THIS or SeaWorld just not doing anything.

I just certainly hope with the surge Florida has, the TMs don’t have an outbreak.

ETA:

it’s stories like this… get vaccinated folks.

That's just hospitalization. On symptomatic disease, Public Health England's massive study showed Pfizer 88% effective against symptomatic disease and AZ only 60% effective against symptomatic disease.
And that trickles down to how many will get anything and how many can spread it. 28% difference is substantial. And one shot AZ is almost useless against Delta, and that's all many Brits had when the Delta
first hit. Second shots for many have been pretty recent.

I wouldn't call one dose useless. Stopping people from dying should be the priority.

Delta didn't really start to take off until about the start of June when 55% of adults were fully vaccinated.

Every study is all over the place and the truth will fall somewhere in the middle of them all.

The only fact we know is that vaccines are working.

I wouldn't call one dose useless. Stopping people from dying should be the priority.

Delta didn't really start to take off until about the start of June when 55% of adults were fully vaccinated.

Every study is all over the place and the truth will fall somewhere in the middle of them all.

Yes...Vaccines are really the only thing that works well to keep people from serious illness and death....That study is better results than some of the others. But, that's a good thing.

Last edited:
Will be watching this closely as we have a trip booked for September which will be cancelled if masks are required. It's too much money and too hot down there to wear a mask. :(

Will be watching this closely as we have a trip booked for September which will be cancelled if masks are required. It's too much money and too hot down there to wear a mask. :(
I am pro-mask in this situation and throughout the whole pandemic, even now being vaccinated. But I won’t lie that walking around with a mask in the heat all day is not fun, and I find the masks tend to ruin 3-D rides because of the glasses issue with some masks.

I am pro-mask in this situation and throughout the whole pandemic, even now being vaccinated. But I won’t lie that walking around with a mask in the heat all day is not fun, and I find the masks tend to ruin 3-D rides because of the glasses issue with some masks.

Gringotts was impossible to see when I was there last and masked, but it’s still all for the greater good.

Gringotts was impossible to see when I was there last and masked, but it’s still all for the greater good.
I’ve been saying for a while that it would actually make the experience more enjoyable for a majority of guests if they removed the 3D from rides while mask mandates are in effect.

Seaworld is enforcing TMs to wear face masks indoors as of today. They were also the only parks (outside of Legoland) that actually checked vaccine cards for employees to drop the masks in the first place. No word on guests yet.

Last edited:

Moderna wins again, get wrecked

No that's the excuse they use so they don't have to buy lids and straws