Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 190 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The point was about the "clamoring," not about caring. The majority will experience a ride or attraction and their enjoyment will be determined by many other factors than just IP. Also, as it's been mentioned before, there's only a few IPs with Potter's or Star Wars' draw, and they won't have a park with all huge IPs. UCM would be a great in-between land solely being horror and a Uni IP. People love to get scared and all that jazz (and regardless of old or modern, popular or obscure) I believe anything horror would do the trick.
You know what, you've won me over. It could happen.

The reason no one is currently clamoring for the classic monsters is because right now no one is doing anything good with these characters. If there were actual good movies it would be a different story. This however does not mean Uni shouldn’t try making an attraction. If they make a compelling attraction it’ll sell itself. They don’t call these “classic monsters” for nothing.

Btw I’m a supporter of having Castle Dracula as the parks central icon due to its history with Universal. Plus it’s about as opposite from princess as you can get ;)

You know what, you've won me over. It could happen.

Thank you, come again! ;-P In all seriousness, I haven't been here in a while, and it was great to have a classic intelligent and civil OU/IU discussion. Cheers!
:cheers:

Whatever they end up doing will be amazing and I can't wait. I'll just be a lot happier if there's a proper horror/UCM representation in the park. Time will tell!

Most guests show up at the theme parks with little clue what IPs they showcase unless it's one of those rare IPs that drives the market. I've visited the Orlando parks many times with people that are absolutely clueless what IPs are inside until they get a map in the park.

And there's very few of those IPs that breakthrough and drive attendance.

At the 4th gate, the market driving IPs will be Super Nintendo World and LOTR.

Everything else is there to complement those.

Theme parks are like basketball teams. You have superstars (IPs that shift attendance) and role players (IPs that people will enjoy when they're already in the park).

Before Harry Potter, Universal mostly had role player types of IPs. IPs like Jurassic, Mummy, Kong, MIB, Simpsons, etc. (i.e. well-known movie/tv IPs) are great at entertaining people after they get in the parks.

Even among superstar IPs, there are different tiers, so I'd list as follows:

True Superstars: these will shift attendance by the millions, i.e. park headliners:
Harry Potter, Star Wars, Super Nintendo World - Mario

Next level of Superstars: these will shift attendance but not by as much as first group: LOTR, Pokemon, Star Trek, Marvel/DC

Roleplayers: great at entertaining guests when they're in the parks already: Jurassic, Zelda, Toy Story Land, Frozen, MIB, Mummy, Simpsons, etc.

The reason no one is currently clamoring for the classic monsters is because right now no one is doing anything good with these characters. If there were actual good movies it would be a different story. This however does not mean Uni shouldn’t try making an attraction. If they make a compelling attraction it’ll sell itself. They don’t call these “classic monsters” for nothing.

Btw I’m a supporter of having Castle Dracula as the parks central icon due to its history with Universal. Plus it’s about as opposite from princess as you can get ;)

Uni's version of PotC. Spawn new movies off the land/rides, lol.

That would be an amazing weenie!

Reactions: Mike S
Classic monsters reach a far greater group of people than Five Nights, Resident Evil or any other new horror. Those are HHN IPs. Classic Monsters ride through Dracula’s castle like mentioned earlier is the far better idea.
They can go full Haunted Mansion and have the Invisible Man as your host. Maybe even have a mechanism in the ride vehicle for a neat effect.

“Well, that concludes our tour. Now: get out.” *push*

Most guests show up at the theme parks with little clue what IPs they showcase unless it's one of those rare IPs that drives the market. I've visited the Orlando parks many times with people that are absolutely clueless what IPs are inside until they get a map in the park.

And there's very few of those IPs that breakthrough and drive attendance.

At the 4th gate, the market driving IPs will be Super Nintendo World and LOTR.

Everything else is there to complement those.

Theme parks are like basketball teams. You have superstars (IPs that shift attendance) and role players (IPs that people will enjoy when they're already in the park).

Before Harry Potter, Universal mostly had role player types of IPs. IPs like Jurassic, Mummy, Kong, MIB, Simpsons, etc. (i.e. well-known movie/tv IPs) are great at entertaining people after they get in the parks.

Even among superstar IPs, there are different tiers, so I'd list as follows:

True Superstars: these will shift attendance by the millions, i.e. park headliners:
Harry Potter, Star Wars, Super Nintendo World - Mario

Next level of Superstars: these will shift attendance but not by as much as first group: LOTR, Pokemon, Star Trek, Marvel/DC

Roleplayers: great at entertaining guests when they're in the parks already: Jurassic, Zelda, Toy Story Land, Frozen, MIB, Mummy, Simpsons, etc.
Pokémon definitely belongs in tier 1. Just look at the excitement about the first main game coming to a home console. A land would be several times bigger.

Reactions: Felipe
Status
Not open for further replies.