Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 329 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I said on the Unofficial Universal Orlando Podcast last month. It seems like the perfect counter-balance to HHN at their other parks.

It never made sense to me to close both IoA and USF for hard ticket Halloween events, but Park 3 would make a lot more sense. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them try a hard ticket Christmas event over there

It never made sense to me to close both IoA and USF for hard ticket Halloween events, but Park 3 would make a lot more sense. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them try a hard ticket Christmas event over there
They could do like Magic Kingdom did and start with a one night party to test the waters the first year. Then expand year over year as demand requires. No need to go all in off the bat.

Yes. With a larger viewing area. Maybe just an event field with a stage. That way it could be multipurpose. It could also be used for festivals like Mardi Gras or some sort of Pokemon thing.
Why can’t they just put it in the new CityWalk? If the answer is because they want people with park admission the solution would be to make whatever event it is free with park admission or separate tickets if you don’t have adimission to the parks.

Why can’t they just put it in the new CityWalk? If the answer is because they want people with park admission the solution would be to make whatever event it is free with park admission or separate tickets if you don’t have adimission to the parks.

It’s easy to control admission when it’s alresdy ticketed.

Probability of Immersive theatre coming to this new park since UC is started to toy around with the concept and the theme of the new park seems to be based on immersive environments?

Considering everyone under the sun in the theme park world is getting in on the LARPing in the park trend, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think it's the only way to make lands like Zelda/Pokemon really feel complete. You should be solving puzzles in a temple in Zelda.

How they can make it work at a scale seen in Disney/Uni parks is what I worry about.

Considering everyone under the sun in the theme park world is getting in on the LARPing in the park trend, I wouldn't be surprised.

I think it's the only way to make lands like Zelda/Pokemon really feel complete. You should be solving puzzles in a temple in Zelda.

How they can make it work at a scale seen in Disney/Uni parks is what I worry about.

Just brainstorming if they combined immersive theatre into a queue for a ride that can push 2,000 people per hour, essentially by making it and dividing into 10 interactive areas that can hold and entertain 200 people in each section for 6 minutes before moving on, it would be possible. Issue would be space for all the areas to hold all those people which suggests a lot of vertical structures rather than single story facilities.

With that each ride vehicle would have to be able to hold 34 people and be able dispatch every minute or 78 people and dispatch every 2 minutes.

I can see that if they did a pokemon snap/kilmanjaro safari pokemon attraction.

Making and forcing every attraction to now be a minimum hour long interactive experience makes it so its impossible for someone to do all in a park in a day.

Roaming/exploring/bathroom breaks around the park would take an hour of someone's day.
Dining for 2 meals would take two hours.
Time in gift shops ranges depending on person from 30 to ???

If the park is open 12 hours, they would really only hit 9 attractions and if 15 of the rumoured 20 attractions did this and had the capacity of 2,000 people per hour. Meaning it would still take them two days to do everything within the park.

The park minimum capacity would be 30,000 assuming everyone was the queue of the attraction with people entering/exiting within a 10 minute range of each attraction.

However at the same time as long as people are entertained/simulated and not just standing around, guest satisfaction should remain high

Last edited:

Nah, I’d be good with just a great ride with Zelda imagery. For an exploring thing just have a Lost Woods maze to the Master Sword.

No, I totally agree with you there. I just think that the puzzle-theater would be a great second attraction for the land.
Hmmmmm, maybe a main E Ticket ride that takes inspiration from Breath of the Wild and the Puzzle Theater takes us back in time to show previous victories of Hyrule’s legendary hero through the ages. Or just the story of the Hero of Time, either/or.

Reactions: Magic-Man
Status
Not open for further replies.