Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 328 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure this has been brought up yet, so here we go...

Anyone think there's a chance that Universal builds a Concert yard in their new park so that they can get rid of RRR and the Concert Stage/Concert Yard and put the space to better daily use? With USF limited on available expansion space, it would make sense.

Anyone think there's a chance that Universal builds a Concert yard in their new park so that they can get rid of RRR and the Concert Stage/Concert Yard and put the space to better daily use?
Yes. With a larger viewing area. Maybe just an event field with a stage. That way it could be multipurpose. It could also be used for festivals like Mardi Gras or some sort of Pokemon thing.

I could see them doing what they do in USJ where they have a two stage court yard with one being the a park icon along the parade route while the other being a huge backdrop that can be projection mapped on, followed by multiple smaller stages throughout the park to include the waterfront stage.

e06f9cf365fe1c70a3a3a5d7c8d98ee2.jpg

MGt0fQJnEmz8onofQt7cuRKlk0guaAFX7Ekju50thttsv77M5ZKYScPKAnxszBLP

Anyone think there's a chance that Universal builds a Concert yard in their new park so that they can get rid of RRR and the Concert Stage/Concert Yard and put the space to better daily use? With USF limited on available expansion space, it would make sense.

Possible, but from Universal's eyes USF is the "event" park. USF hosts tons of special events that pretty much will be difficult to relocate. I do think another "ticketed" event for a Halloween family event could happen. UO can define themselves as the Halloween capital of the world.

Reactions: HPFred
Possible, but from Universal's eyes USF is the "event" park. USF hosts tons of special events that pretty much will be difficult to relocate. I do think another "ticketed" event for a Halloween family event could happen. UO can define themselves as the Halloween capital of the world.
Yes, but that’s also prime expansion space with room for multiple rides in a park short on space.

That in itself to me is worth moving the performance venue and figuring out what to do with Mardi Gras later. They could hold it in Park 3 if they really wanted.

Reactions: HPFred and Mike S
Yes, but that’s also prime expansion space with room for multiple rides in a park short on space.

That in itself to me is worth moving the performance venue and figuring out what to do with Mardi Gras later. They could hold it in Park 3 if they really wanted.

Not arguing against you, I would love for them to bulldoze Rockit, the stage and a few soundstages to create a new land there... but from a business perspective, why? USF still has a piece of the MIB plot, KidZone, SS 33 and lots of more areas they can get creative with.

If they aren't upcharge events, sure. I get why HHN is an upcharge, however, anything else they do really won't necessary require additional funds.

$$$$
Why not? Disney gets away with it. Not So Scary is just an additional parade and a fireworks show that they do every night (I love Hallowishes, not denouncing it), and candy. Very Merry's "special" offerings ends up free the last 2 weeks of December.

Not arguing against you, I would love for them to bulldoze Rockit, the stage and a few soundstages to create a new land there... but from a business perspective, why? USF still has a piece of the MIB plot, KidZone, SS 33 and lots of more areas they can get creative with.
SS33 is small, used a lot and - currently - backstage. It brings a ton of revenue in its own right, but it’s tucked away.

And from a business standpoint I don’t see what you mean. Mardi Gras and everything that uses that stage would continue, just in a newly built area.

Reactions: tankart150
SS33 is small, used a lot and - currently - backstage. It brings a ton of revenue in its own right, but it’s tucked away.

And from a business standpoint I don’t see what you mean. Mardi Gras and everything that uses that stage would continue, just in a newly built area.

My argument is why would Universal spend money on relocating the stage for a dark ride or whatever when there's other locations to place it? (I would love to be wrong, tho)

$$$$
Why not? Disney gets away with it. Not So Scary is just an additional parade and a fireworks show that they do every night (I love Hallowishes, not denouncing it), and candy. Very Merry's "special" offerings ends up free the last 2 weeks of December.

No one wants to be nickel'd and dime'd and it kills a lot of good will unless there is a actual good high quality product being put out or offering something of a great unique value. Disney gets away with it because they are Disney. Universal is not Disney. It ties into the good customer service aspect, if guests go around and get small tokens of free stuff, they will take that in consideration towards their reviews. Additionally to counteract shorter hours at one park they will have to make sure more capacity is open at other parks for the guests who didn't want to buy in or increase things to do on the new campus.

My argument is why would Universal spend money on relocating the stage for a dark ride or whatever when there's other locations to place it? (I would love to be wrong, tho)

Convention center right next door to tie in events to, more space for people to be able to move around and not create safety hazards.

Because long-term, USF is going to lack expansion sites. This is one of only a few the Park has.

Might as well do this while building a whole brand freaking new park.

No one wants to be nickel'd and dime'd and it kills a lot of good will unless there is a actual good high quality product being put out or offering something of a great unique value. Disney gets away with it because they are Disney. Universal is not Disney. It ties into the good customer service aspect, if guests go around and get small tokens of free stuff, they will take that in consideration towards their reviews. Additionally to counteract shorter hours at one park they will have to make sure more capacity is open at other parks for the guests who didn't want to buy in or increase things to do on the new campus.

Yes, it will suck to have shorter hours for a park because of a special event. Being realistic however, Uni/Disney makes 2x the revenue on event nights, and Universal wats to continue that. Plus, they can always go the route of having event nights only on Weekdays.

Yes, it will suck to have shorter hours for a park because of a special event. Being realistic however, Uni/Disney makes 2x the revenue on event nights, and Universal wats to continue that. Plus, they can always go the route of having event nights only on Weekdays.

Ticketed events aren't the only way to go though. I.e the upcoming Harry Potter Social Meet up which will probably boost attendance as well as gets an increase in merch sales. Tie event related festivals to the Convention center schedule. Nintendo World Championship is being held at the convention center, throw a free Nintendo event in the park. PotterCon is coming to town, throw a Potter related event in the park for all guests.

Money is made by having an interesting concepts. I.e TDL and USJ both sell waterguns in the parks for Water Festivals where they put on shows and parades that involve interaction with the guests and the actors and guests both get drenched. Mardi Gras at UOR and Summer Night EDM Festival are no extra charge despite Universal having to pay for the musical guests who come and perform however the parks get packed and they make money otherways.

HHN has an upcharge costs because of the increased staffing, paying the outside IP owners, and hiring certain special acts cost a bit for the length they do it.

Ticketed events aren't the only way to go though. I.e the upcoming Harry Potter Social Meet up which will probably boost attendance as well as gets an increase in merch sales. Tie event related festivals to the Convention center schedule. Nintendo World Championship is being held at the convention center, throw a free Nintendo event in the park. PotterCon is coming to town, throw a Potter related event in the park for all guests.

Money is made by having an interesting concepts. I.e TDL and USJ both sell waterguns in the parks for Water Festivals where they put on shows and parades that involve interaction with the guests and the actors and guests both get drenched. Mardi Gras at UOR and Summer Night EDM Festival are no extra charge despite Universal having to pay for the musical guests who come and perform however the parks get packed and they make money otherways.

HHN has an upcharge costs because of the increased staffing, paying the outside IP owners, and hiring certain special acts cost a bit for the length they do it.

I know why HHN is an upcharge, and I know that events like Mardi Gras & HP Celebration increase attendance. But Universal creating an additional ticketed event is not the craziest idea. More than likely they will avoid an additional Halloween event and might just do a "free" event rather than ticketed. But for the holidays and any ideas they come up with, its totally feasible.

Reactions: tankart150
Status
Not open for further replies.