Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 326 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering how much of a hassle it was for Hogsmeade, and how the hulk queue got reworked with the metal detectors in mind; I would respectfully disagree.

I don’t mean that they don’t want to build them, I mean the opposite. They couldn’t care less about building metal detectors in the queue, so that they can build the coasters they want.

Sorry, my phrasing was a little confusing.

To be honest, I don’t think Universal cares about these things as much as everyone thinks they do. They probably couldn’t care less about metal detectors.

Universal is the only park (that I can think of) that has metal detectors in front of 2 coasters. Even with netting, they STILL do it. Shreika goes over guests, but BGT does not have any metal detectors.

It's Intamin again, apparently. @Alicia seems to have an idea on the layout.
I've heard some rumors of possible area coverage for the new ride. I don't know anything about what type or manufacturer. But yea, I wouldn't be surprised if they do everything in their power to keep this one from going over guests heads.

Reactions: therock
And they'll more than likely just close off the pathways it goes over outside of the DC, rather than deal with metal detectors.
There's already no path on the left side of Discovery Center, so would only need to close part of the left-half of bottom lagoon platform area.

Although, I have also heard a rumor that it would pass over the Discovery Center, in which case, the entire patio would probably be closed. I doubt that's true though. Just going over the lagoon makes more sense to me.

Reactions: JungleSkip
Considering as some seem to be insinuating, they do want to make this new park their "Magic Kingdom" and more family friendly, i'd only assume they'd want to avoid the types of coasters and coaster designs that could be a huge liability or make for bogged down queues. Especially with what they've learned in the years they've been operating and with a chance to build a whole new park from scratch.

In regards to immersion, i do think completely different considerations are in play when considering "immersion" across a whole park versus just one land in a park. There's definitely gonna have to be compromise,ips/lands they prioritize immersion for over other ones and other elements of theme park design to come in to play, like good flow and cohesion in how the lands are arranged. There's also something to be said to building anticipation, to seeing a notable landmark or ride from another land and wanting to ride that/go there and most don't actually want to have to look at a map/app to get an idea of where they want to go next.

Reactions: rabbitsmoon
Considering as some seem to be insinuating, they do want to make this new park their "Magic Kingdom" and more family friendly, i'd only assume they'd want to avoid the types of coasters and coaster designs that could be a huge liability or make for bogged down queues. Especially with what they've learned in the years they've been operating and with a chance to build a whole new park from scratch.

In regards to immersion, i do think completely different considerations are in play when considering "immersion" across a whole park versus just one land in a park. There's definitely gonna have to be compromise,ips/lands they prioritize immersion for over other ones and other elements of theme park design to come in to play, like good flow and cohesion in how the lands are arranged. There's also something to be said to building anticipation, to seeing a notable landmark or ride from another land and wanting to ride that/go there and most don't actually want to have to look at a map/app to get an idea of where they want to go next.
I think they want the new park to "compete with Magic Kingdom" more than they want it to be their Magic Kingdom. While I imagine the park will open with more rides and lands based on animated characters than any of their other parks, I don't think they're going to shy away from having attractions that will also appeal to teens and thrill-seekers.

I think they want the new park to "compete with Magic Kingdom" more than they want it to be their Magic Kingdom. While I imagine the park will open with more rides and lands based on animated characters than any of their other parks, I don't think they're going to shy away from having attractions that will also appeal to teens and thrill-seekers.

Yea. I think the new park will be more balanced than IoA was on opening day, but they will still cater to thrill seekers

Yea. I think the new park will be more balanced than IoA was on opening day, but they will still cater to thrill seekers

Agreed, you can't beat MK by copying MK, which is why they went with the more thrilling path, but still immersive route with IOA, but they lacked enough of family friendly, slow rides that everyone could go on. Pteranadon Flyers was too low capacity and the Seuss Sky Trolley didn't open for several years. I think having those two things fixed and one more slow moving dark ride (that doesn't spin) would have done a lot for IOA

Reactions: therock
Status
Not open for further replies.