Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread | Page 508 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's New Park/Site B Blue Sky Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Harry Potter is also a seven-billion dollar grossing film franchise with PG-13 movies. I’m not saying I don’t want them to build a full dark ride, I’m just saying they may not see building one for HTTYD as lucrative as their other IP’s.

Harry Potter is also a seven-billion dollar grossing film franchise with PG-13 movies. I’m not saying I don’t want them to build a full dark ride, I’m just saying they may not see building one for HTTYD as lucrative as their other IP’s.
HTTYD is a lot bigger than the movies. It's got a long running/successful show on Netflix for kids. I think people are seriously underselling how Universal sees that franchise

HTTYD is certainly popular enough to sustain anything Universal would want to do with it in a theme park (though the fact that each sequel has underperformed the previous film at the domestic box office is a sign of something).

Reactions: fryoj
HTTYD is a lot bigger than the movies. It's got a long running/successful show on Netflix for kids. I think people are seriously underselling how Universal sees that franchise
That the prevailing rumor is for HTTYD to get smashed in a Dreamworks world with a bunch of other IP's while HP/FB gets its own big world suggests Universal still sees it as a whole lot less important than Potter.

Reactions: fryoj and Dhdhddh
HTTYD is certainly popular enough to sustain anything Universal would want to do with it in a theme park (though the fact that each sequel has underperformed the previous film at the domestic box office is a sign of something).

I mean, only domestically. Both sequels will outperform the original worldwide.

That the prevailing rumor is for HTTYD to get smashed in a Dreamworks world with a bunch of other IP's while HP/FB gets its own big world suggests Universal still sees it as a whole lot less important than Potter.

“Smashed into” is not how I would describe anything in the DreamWorks land as I understand it

Also, no crap it’s less important than Potter

Why does everyone seem to forget HTTYD is a book series before it even was a movie?

DRGO.jpg

Just give me toothless flight of passage and take my money. Also to add my 2 cents in if this park has Nintendo and monsters I don’t care how “kiddy” the other areas are. I’ll hangout with donkey Kong and Gillman all day and then leave for islands to ride a big coaster or two.
The motors are already overheating with excitement

Reactions: jseal777
Status
Not open for further replies.