Untitled Wolfman Film (Universal) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Untitled Wolfman Film (Universal)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I desperately wanna see it to see how bad it is
( or good) but the fact that it releases in January is not great.
the mask cannot be used to judge the movie obviously, but, it is a really really strange choice,
its just does not look like a werewolf at all. I'll still watch it but it's just weird.

that's a good point too
The January date was chosen after it got moved from its original Oct 2024 release due to the writers strike. I am pretty sure the original release date is the only reason this photo op is even here to begin with (same way the Captain America 4 McDonalds toys already came out even when the movie got pushed to feb '25). Which makes this all the more intriguing lol

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
The January date was chosen after it got moved from its original Oct 2024 release due to the writers strike. I am pretty sure the original release date is the only reason this photo op is even here to begin with (same way the Captain America 4 McDonalds toys already came out even when the movie got pushed to feb '25). Which makes this all the more intriguing lol
oh thank you, that makes sense.

Speak of the devil

They knew they had to change the narrative for the real-heads.

EDIT: Nevermind, this trailer doesn't really show the design in action. Blumhouse is going to keep on ceding ground to A24 and Neon if their horror movies continue to look this generic.

Last edited:
Think they would do Blumhouse Wolf Man and a Universal Monsters house at the same time?
I would like that....but I have a feeling he will be the main focus kinda reminds me of the plot of Evil Dead...so would assume its a house
where you see the Father try to fight the monster off and then the rest of the house is the kids trying to get away

after the reviews for the universal monster house this year ( combined with the new park opening) I could see them not doing a universal monsters house next year.
dont you put that evil on me GIF

I trust Whannell, and that's a good teaser, but I am disappointed that this is apparently not going to be a "proper" werewolf movie (much less a Universal WOLF MAN movie, which I kind of think has to be the specific character of Larry Talbot).

But....I just want classic monsters in classic old school settings
At least we'll always have this:
the-wolfman-movie-poster-2010-1020418605.jpg

I'm just saying .... they already used most of the main monsters, only gill man is left, some people have started to get tired of these houses, or some reviews were calling it repetitive. and maybe universal wants all the focus of universal monsters on the park. ( I'm still literally waiting for my gill man house .....)

I trust Whannell, and that's a good teaser, but I am disappointed that this is apparently not going to be a "proper" werewolf movie (much less a Universal WOLF MAN movie, which I kind of think has to be the specific character of Larry Talbot).

I know that this wolf man movie has a messy editing problem and a lot of people didn't like it
but I will always love it and this was one of the best experiences I had in the movie theater. it was really amazing to watch with a crowd. it is one of my favorite monster movies.
and I still love the soundtrack.

Reactions: belloq87
I'm just saying .... they already used most of the main monsters, only gill man is left, some people have started to get tired of these houses, or some reviews were calling it repetitive. and maybe universal wants all the focus of universal monsters on the park. ( I'm still literally waiting for my gill man house .....)

I know that this wolf man movie has a messy editing problem and a lot of people didn't like it
but I will always love it and this was one of the best experiences I had in the movie theater. it was really amazing to watch with a crowd. it is one of my favorite monster movies.
and I still love the soundtrack.
If the crowds are high then to me doesn't matter what reviews say....I not even saying its good but its all about what brings people in and keeps them

But I would be very.....very surprised if we don't see a Wolfman house

If we are lucky they could do one with the classic wolfman, the 2000s movie verion and the new one...but I assume it will just be a Blumhouse version house.

Also no...and I mean no idea why Creature didn't get a house this year when its the 70th anniversary perfect time for him....at least he's a scare actor in one of the scare zones

An underated movie IMO.

Reactions: belloq87
An underated movie IMO.
For all its faults, it's a movie unabashedly in lineage with the original Universal Monsters films. As great as The Invisible Man is, and as good as the Wolfman could be, I'm a little wary of the attitude towards these stories as source texts that must be 'elevated' or stripped of their high genre trappings to merit a retelling.

Reactions: belloq87 and Jake S
I'll take the opposite view. Universal released three Dracula movies over the last couple years, and all three of them were basically faithful to varying degrees (they also all flopped, but oh well). There clearly isn't a mandate for more faithful/less faithful versions, they're just letting people do their own spin. It's night and day and a huge breath of fresh air compared to other major franchise rightsholders.

I'll take the opposite view. Universal released three Dracula movies over the last couple years, and all three of them were basically faithful to varying degrees (they also all flopped, but oh well). There clearly isn't a mandate for more faithful/less faithful versions, they're just letting people do their own spin. It's night and day and a huge breath of fresh air compared to other major franchise rightsholders.
Your forgetting those films were also poorly written and the trailers didn't help

Universal just seems to be against making amazing scripts...with the exceptions of films they are trying to win Oscars for and some Dreamwork films but...Illunmation and the Jurassic series really highlite Universal issue with scripts but for some reasons people just are fine with Jurassic being trash or minions being fine films but nothing compared to something like Puss in boots

Get the good and passionate writer in there and they can make another Mummy, Draculaor Creature film but Universal seems to just hand things to Bluhouse because they can make films that make money and don't cost too much, even FNAF I mean the writing for the things outside the Animatronics stuff was pretty rough and boring to most but people came for the Animatronics

Universal just seems to be against making amazing scripts...with the exceptions of films they are trying to win Oscars for and some Dreamwork films but...Illunmation and the Jurassic series really highlite Universal issue with scripts but for some reasons people just are fine with Jurassic being trash or minions being fine films but nothing compared to something like Puss in boots
I just think it's worth flagging up that it's very hard to write a good script for a television commercial, let alone a feature length movie. That's not to say bad scripting shouldn't be criticized (it should!) but there are times when even a good effort leads to a poor result.

I'd also add the pretty terrible Mario Bros. movie as an example of poor scripting that most fans aren't all that concerned about.

Your forgetting those films were also poorly written and the trailers didn't help

Get the good and passionate writer in there and they can make another Mummy, Draculaor Creature film but Universal seems to just hand things to Bluhouse because they can make films that make money and don't cost too much, even FNAF I mean the writing for the things outside the Animatronics stuff was pretty rough and boring to most but people came for the Animatronics
Last Voyage of the Demeter had a great script and Abigail was pretty fun. There is, unfortunately, no magic "make this movie succeed" button, as much as we'd like there to be.

Look at this from the perspective of a studio for a second. Out of Universal's last four monster movies, only the one released by Blumhouse was a huge hit with both audiences and critics. If you go off of that, hiring Blumhouse for another would be the smartest move.

Edit: And all of this is ignoring a key thing: We have not seen the movie yet. For all we know, it could be excellent!

Reactions: Jake S