USF Project? | Page 49 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I need a point-by-point timeline to keep up with what's going on in this thread.

Now some folks believe Nintendo isn't coming to KidZone? I'm so far out of the loop I can feel my zip code changing.

Reactions: Joel
Serious question: Should this thread be closed? We have a place to talk about T2's closure, we have a place to talk about Nintendo, and maybe we should start a thread about Shrek's imminent(?) demise? Otherwise this thread just turns into spaghetti

Reactions: Suprachica79
Serious question: Should this thread be closed? We have a place to talk about T2's closure, we have a place to talk about Nintendo, and maybe we should start a thread about Shrek's imminent(?) demise? Otherwise this thread just turns into spaghetti

Don't talk about spaghetti. My local Publix has been out of Chef Boyardee for a week and I might starve to death.

I'll say this, if something changed it did so very recently. Afaik most of the construction plans were done for the KidZone location and managers/TMs were informed of a relocation coming by the end of 2017.

I don't think anything has changed, and this sounds like wires getting crossed somewhere in regards to a Phase 2 situation, but we'll see.
The other thing, too, is that there's every chance Universal could probably really use Nintendo in the wake of Galaxy's Edge.

I think it's a good dumping ground for random USF rumors that don't have much confirmation yet.

The one upside if they went with IOA is that IMO that park is screaming for the same attention USF is getting. Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon are 100% due for replacements, and MSHI and Jurassic are based off some of the hottest IPs right now yet have gotten little attention. So SNW would breathe a breath of fresh air into the park. Otherwise, I agree. KidZone NEEDS to go and SNW would be the perfect replacement.
LC is worse off than TL. At least TL has two rides that are still fairly popular.

Put Mario in KidZone, replace LC with Zelda, put Pokémon in Site B.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
LC is criminally small for the expansive world of Zelda.

Agreed. Depending on what they could do, Zelda could be on a scale similar to Pandora in land size. It really just depends on what the hell they desire to use Zelda for.

I think it's a good dumping ground for random USF rumors that don't have much confirmation yet.

Agreed. It allows us to see rumors and see if they pass the detectors of truth or deceit.

If you level all of it and start from scratch it's plenty of space for a good land. What are you talking about?

My initial reaction to the thought is it would be a small land, and I'd like to see something more expansive done for Zelda.

From the Nintendo thread:
I don't think FFL is going to have a replacement, if it quietly goes away. To be honest, I see it becoming the TL Theater of USF, being used for events and private matters.
Interesting. I do wonder why Bill & Ted are going away if there's no planned replacement though.

Reactions: tankart150
From the Nintendo thread:

Interesting. I do wonder why Bill & Ted are going away if there's no planned replacement though.
I would guess that they just decided it's time to change things up. Every year they have controversies over the Bill & Ted show and they probably are tired of dealing with it and the licensing agreement is probably up so they decided not to renew.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Status
Not open for further replies.