USF Project? | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To quote Player Unknown Battlegrounds, "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner". Seems like we finally have where the USF Project is going to be.

That is great news!
I loved the show but we all had enough time to visit it multiple times.
Replacing it with their own ip is smart and saves on daily running costs.
Will they transport the Shrek replacement show over to this venue or will they produce a new show that is interchangeable with the Hollywood one?

That is great news!
I loved the show but we all had enough time to visit it multiple times.
Replacing it with their own ip is smart and saves on daily running costs.
Will they transport the Shrek replacement show over to this venue or will they produce a new show that is interchangeable with the Hollywood one?

I would assume whatever replaces T23D, will be something completely new for a show.

To say this, I think there is going to be an issue for next year at USF on operations, that I would call a doubled edged sword. Not going to go into how, but that I think if Shrek, T2, and KZ close all at the same time; it will cause problems one way or another.

And yet again- this wouldn't be a big issue at all if F&F weren't queless.

I keep hammering this point, yet all anyone will say is "Disaster, Beetlejuice, Fear Factor, Twister didn't have much draw anyway- so no big loss". Yes, by themselves in a vacuum, you're correct. Throw T2 on top of it all and in the future all of Kidzone- and these capacity issues are about rear their head in the worst way.

I will never back down from the stance that F&F being queueless is quite possibly the biggest snafoo Universal has had in the comcast age- and longer.
I'm stoked about MoM, Fallon, Nintendo and whatever will replace T2. Absolutely stoked. But queless F&F is a total "what the F are they thinking?" Moment. All of these closings are going to drive home that point.

And yet again- this wouldn't be a big issue at all if F&F weren't queless.

I keep hammering this point, yet all anyone will say is "Disaster, Beetlejuice, Fear Factor, Twister didn't have much draw anyway- so no big loss". Yes, by themselves in a vacuum, you're correct. Throw T2 on top of it all and in the future all of Kidzone- and these capacity issues are about rear their head in the worst way.

I will never back down from the stance that F&F being queueless is quite possibly the biggest snafoo Universal has had in the comcast age- and longer.
I'm stoked about MoM, Fallon, Nintendo and whatever will replace T2. Absolutely stoked. But queless F&F is a total "what the F are they thinking?" Moment. All of these closings are going to drive home that point.
Even without a queue Fallon takes 20-30 minutes. It's possible F&F with preshows and pre-pre-show entertainment does as well. That would at least put it in line with Disaster's total run time.

Granted, that is a lot of people-eaters gone away. But I stand by my earlier comment that it's still not nearly as bad as DHS. I had a hard time trying to pass time while waiting for my Fantasmic Fastpass last time I was there all day. At least at Universal I can ride more rides to pass the time.

The lines for HP, Mummy, and Transformers may get longer from people re-riding. But other than that, not much will change. And like you said, good things are on the way. Just some growing pains.

Some parents will complain there isn't enough for kids to do. But that's something Universal should be used to. The first few years of both parks opening lacked kids attractions. It's not new for UO. But they'll get through it.

There's one factor that we keep forgetting when it comes to capacity & diversity of attraction/ride systems. Since HE debuted (a genius move), 80% of all tickets are park hoppers. With HE, it's so much more convenient, and entertaining/fun to park hop. For all intents and purposes Studios & IOA is really one giant park. So the excess can spread out through both parks. And Diagon/London/HE is a capacity monster.

Last edited:
Granted, that is a lot of people-eaters gone away. But I stand by my earlier comment that it's still not nearly as bad as DHS. I had a hard time trying to pass time while waiting for my Fantasmic Fastpass last time I was there all day. At least at Universal I can ride more rides to pass the time.
This is so true. I spent an hour at DHS and rode all four rides. No fastpass. ONE HOUR. Pitiful.

Reactions: tankart150
Even without a queue Fallon takes 20-30 minutes. It's possible F&F with preshows and pre-pre-show entertainment does as well. That would at least put it in line with Disaster's total run time.

Nothing will ever be as bad as DHS. But the fact the defense of "it isn't as bad as DHS" isn't a good one, lol. That's the very lowest bar.

The 20-30 minute "potential preshow/queue" talk is non-eventful. Flight of Passage is 20-30 min preshow/ride- but you can't tell me that 120+ minute queue (like Kong gets plenty of as well) doesn't add to capacity significantly.

My whole point is that they had the opportunity to significantly improve capacity- fully knowing what some plans were- and chose virtual, thereby throwing that capacity in an app while still riding the other rides.

It's indefensible.

If it causes issues they'll run it as a normal line like they can for Fallon at night.

Except they run Fallon at night because of the complete opposite. Minimal lines anywhere and Fallon is a walk on. They certainly aren't running Fallon traditionally when lines are long elsewhere. So not sure what that has to do with anything.

Having the ability and doing such are two completely different things.

The defense of all things universal is baffling to me. They aren't impervious to criticism. Do you honestly think a queless attraction with the current news and more to come is actually a good idea?

Reactions: DrakeParker
This. No one is saying Universal can't do wrong, it's just closing T2 and maybe Shrek won't have this giant impact on wait times like Andy thinks.

T2, Shrek, and KidZone closing will have an effect on wait times. That much is certain. But none of those attractions had huge ridership as-is. Wait times will go up, but it's not going to be a disaster.

T2, Shrek, and KidZone closing will have an effect on wait times. That much is certain. But none of those attractions had huge ridership as-is. Wait times will go up, but it's not going to be a disaster.
Who said Kidzone was closing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts