USF Project? | Page 45 | Inside Universal Forums

USF Project?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to look it up to see if this was true but yeah.. looks like DM3 was the biggest movie this Summer worldwide (unless you count Fate of the Furious as a Summer movie even though it was released in April which was even bigger).

That's what I call a weak movie summer.

It has been pointed out to me to keep an eye on Shrek for a fast track replacement, possibly soon. This nod comes with no guarantees however.

Money is on immediately following HHN and its the long rumored Secret Life of Pets. Also could be the Dreamworks thing they're opening in Hollywood but I'm hoping for SLOP instead of more screens. Also timeline wise, if its SLOP then its 2019 making Universals line up for 2019 SLOP and Pottah. If its Dreamworks my money is on 2018 with Fast and Furious to combat TSL. Total speculation on my part btw.

Money is on immediately following HHN and its the long rumored Secret Life of Pets. Also could be the Dreamworks thing they're opening in Hollywood but I'm hoping for SLOP instead of more screens. Also timeline wise, if its SLOP then its 2019 making Universals line up for 2019 SLOP and Pottah. If its Dreamworks my money is on 2018 with Fast and Furious to combat TSL. Total speculation on my part btw.

I'll bet a beer the other way. Blue Moon on me if you win, Jai Alai if I win. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Man- here's hoping for SLoP. That area desperately needs a physical attraction. It'd give them the opportunity to finally redo that front entrance/production central too. It's not only the weakest land in USH, but the weakest at UOR.
I'm all for them expanding New York all the way to the front. It wouldn't take much. Change monsters cafe, finish the Despicable Me exterior, throw some decorations on the remaining storefronts and call it a day. They already have the Taxi Cab guy there :D

The reason why I directly mentioned of that, is that it would make sense as a nice evolution of what was done for Fallon; extending the New York Street area to face Music Plaza. I think if they really want to improve off of the park, this may be a good way to do it; with it not really needing much effort. It could be very simple, and it'd be a good renovation of the area.

Give Rip Ride Rockit and Despicable Me a new look to fit in more with the area, have Classic Monsters cafe redone to match the area, and SLoP would be all a great way of extending the area; and to also bring the park to be more immersive than ever before.

Man- here's hoping for SLoP. That area desperately needs a physical attraction. It'd give them the opportunity to finally redo that front entrance/production central too. It's not only the weakest land in USH, but the weakest at UOR.
I'm all for them expanding New York all the way to the front. It wouldn't take much. Change monsters cafe, finish the Despicable Me exterior, throw some decorations on the remaining storefronts and call it a day. They already have the Taxi Cab guy there :D
Taxi Cab guy is great. :thumbsup: He used to be one of the Citizens of Hollywood over at DHS. We talk to him whenever we get the chance........Just love the NYC extension idea.

Have they yet broken ground for the supposed SLoP in Hollywood yet? We got a chain link fence & trailer out there two years ago last I noticed, with nothing since... and I'm damn mad about it! see: :frustrated"

The location has changed, that's why. In that area... yes, ground has technically broken.

What is the new Hollywood location for SLoP?

The lot that was formerly SS 22-25. That said, I would doubt it would take that entire plot of land.

Yup. The location is perpendicular to SS28's former plot, which is slated for something decidely unique now. The lower lot transformation might be one of the most frustrating projects for USH ever in how messy and fluid it is, without a seeming end to that process. Yet I can kind of understand that, they're still working on the upper lot transformation, after all.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Yup. The location is perpendicular to SS28's former plot, which is slated for something decidely unique now. The lower lot transformation might be one of the most frustrating projects for USH ever in how messy and fluid it is, without a seeming end to that process. Yet I can kind of understand that, they're still working on the upper lot transformation, after all.

Yep, and it seems to be that the DWT along with ASS to make the opening area of the park more seamless..

And I really don't get the acronym of Animation Studio Store.

Ni No Kuni would make a great video game theme park land. Especially with all the AAs they could do and all the plushes they could sell.

I would think if they would do another Video Game IP like Ni No Kuni, it would be for the fourth gate.

That said, if they want to do another IP; I think it just has to depend on a few things.

I doubt a Video Game IP will be the USF Project, but it's something to point out for future expansion down south.

Status
Not open for further replies.