Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

USH Price Increase!

I think the problem is for many guests the re-visit value is still extremely low at USH. There is still a lack of attractions and many don’t offer much re-ride value (Simpson’s, dwt, minions, studio tour). I’m sure most people have seen Harry Potter already since it opened way back in 2016.
Also rides like Simpsons ALWAYS have a wait times...like you can walk on Potter or even Jurassic sometimes..but because of how Simpsons is you basically have to wait 15-30 mins no matter what...so I skip it.
Thats the issue with screen rides you can only push so many people on them

That's fairly standard.
During the past 16 months, yes to a degree, on the extra months. Not before that though. September 2018 was the first time in the 8 years I was an AP where they offered additional months. Initially it was 3 extra months, and then some weeks later they extended it to '6 extra months' for the highest level AP's but kept it at '3 months' for Power Pass AP's. Just recently they announced free months again for renewals, but they're 3 months for all level AP's.

Last edited:
During the past 16 months, yes to a degree, on the extra months. Not before that though. September 2018 was the first time in the 8 years I was an AP where they offered additional months. Initially it was 3 extra months, and then some weeks later they extended it to '6 extra months' for the highest level AP's but kept it at '3 months' for Power Pass AP's. Just recently they announced free months again for renewals, but they're 3 months for all level AP's.
That’s awesome! :)

Any word on a new ticketing system for the park? AP/ticket barcode on phone or plastic cards? It’s getting old having the Team Members not be able to scan the barcode and then squint to input the numbers manually.

Any word on a new ticketing system for the park? AP/ticket barcode on phone or plastic cards? It’s getting old having the Team Members not be able to scan the barcode and then squint to input the numbers manually.
If they don’t want to give cards at a minimum let me add my pass to the app like Disney. I never use my Disney card because the app is convenient. Universal need to step up their app game.

It's really awful and the fact they have a "Reprint Policy" means they know it's an issue. It's just so cheap, especially when the down payment is basically the same as a Disney AP down payment.

Is it possible to just take a photo of the barcode on the back of the pass and then show them that instead when you visit? They already allow day ticket and first visit AP people to use their phone for the pdf barcode as an alternative to printing out the ticket at home.

The only good thing here is at least the quality and value of the park is improving each year in line with price increases.
That's not to say there isn't more to do!

The only good thing here is at least the quality and value of the park is improving each year in line with price increases.
That's not to say there isn't more to do!
I think even given the level of investment ticket prices are still too high. Just because they can they will I guess.