Vamp ’69: Summer of Blood (HHN 32) | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Vamp ’69: Summer of Blood (HHN 32)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A bit of my issue with it was lack of props. They had just two stages and a van across the whole of NY. It was too sparse for that area.
As much as I loved 85, I agree. Hopefully where Meetz Meatz was last year, they could put a food booth area themed to the zone!

Reactions: Darko
What a fun zone. Not very scary but so fun. Very goofy and foggy. So much fog at times it was hard to see the sets and person in front of u. The fog did set up some good scares when they did get us but other than that they didn’t. I wouldn’t be surprised if they tone down the fog in this zone.

What a fun zone. Not very scary but so fun. Very goofy and foggy. So much fog at times it was hard to see the sets and person in front of u. The fog did set up some good scares when they did get us but other than that they didn’t. I wouldn’t be surprised if they tone down the fog in this zone.

I came to write this. Was gonna write Exactly the same thing.

This is the most fun this area has had. Ever.
These vampires are fully partying. They are dancing so much. The music makes this feel like a big party! The vampires are Grooving to the music. The vampire women are dancing all over the place. It truly is a big festival. It really feels like a big street party set in the 60s. Best zone

Wasn't too big of a fan of '85, mostly because it all just felt too spread out and I think the 80s theme made it blend too much into the rest of that year's very 80s aesthetic in a way Vamp '55 didn't. Sets for '69 still feel pretty spread out but they make up for it with a tidal wave of Vampires. I swear it felt like every other person in the massive NYC crowd this weekend was a vampire and they were all going ham and it was a lot of fun because of it! Not my favorite but shoutout to the casts cause they're elevating it.

Wasn't too big of a fan of '85, mostly because it all just felt too spread out and I think the 80s theme made it blend too much into the rest of that year's very 80s aesthetic in a way Vamp '55 didn't. Sets for '69 still feel pretty spread out but they make up for it with a tidal wave of Vampires. I swear it felt like every other person in the massive NYC crowd this weekend was a vampire and they were all going ham and it was a lot of fun because of it! Not my favorite but shoutout to the casts cause they're elevating it.

It might really be the best vamp zone

Reactions: Midnight Detective
I still think '55 is superior simply because the flood of vampires felt that much more impactful in smaller Hollywood alongside the incredible and giant parade float sets. I also think the facial mold makeup that year was superior in making them feel like vampires. However, '69 is a lot of fun and definitely lives up to the Vamp name that's seemingly built up some clout over the years.

Shoutout to the bus projection, that's a really fun effect.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet
I still think '55 is superior simply because the flood of vampires felt that much more impactful in smaller Hollywood alongside the incredible and giant parade float sets. I also think the facial mold makeup that year was superior in making them feel like vampires. However, '69 is a lot of fun and definitely lives up to the Vamp name that's seemingly built up some clout over the years.

Shoutout to the bus projection, that's a really fun effect.

55 was real nice, I just feel like this location works better for the vampire theme. (I love both.)

Yes while this zone is spread out, it feels like a real concert venue. Feels like a real festival going on. The crowds of guests makes it feel like a real concert. It's kind of amazing. ( kinda wish they had a vampire on the stage singing the entire time. )

But, imagine, if this zone is so good and full of energy now, first weekend in, and it already seems so great ..... imagine how this zone will evolve come October .... :scream:

Great idea, meh execution. There was one actor in one of the casts that was just walking around without any makeup and was not playing either a vampire or victim, it was strange. I also noticed several instances of actors having normal conversations with people (that they presumably know personally).

Great idea, meh execution. There was one actor in one of the casts that was just walking around without any makeup and was not playing either a vampire or victim, it was strange. I also noticed several instances of actors having normal conversations with people (that they presumably know personally).
How you know he was part cast?

Love how much the event differs from personal tastes. This has been one of my favorite zones ever. Period.

Dressed like a hippie and pacing back and forth in the same area, so pretty safe assumption.

Might not be lol. I know a few ppl that have been guest and have dressed up as hippies.

I'm not contradicting you MI1287,
But I have seen at least 20 guests dressing in full, authentic 60s clothing when I'm doing the lines for darkest deal or last of us or Chucky.
A lot of guests are doing full, authentic hippy outfits to go in the park :lmao: :lmao:. Some of them are even wearing full prosthetic fangs.

I'm not contradicting you MI1287,
But I have seen at least 20 guests dressing in full, authentic 60s clothing when I'm doing the lines for darkest deal or last of us or Chucky.
A lot of guests are doing full, authentic hippy outfits to go in the park :lmao: :lmao:. Some of them are even wearing full prosthetic fangs.
The Vamp nation rises!
Place your bets, vamp 75’ or 99’ next?