Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 74 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I’m hearing definitely August. Apparently the ride looks fantastic, but the gameplay just straight up doesn’t work. TMs working the attraction haven’t even played it yet. Hopefully the kinks get worked out soon!

I’m hearing definitely August. Apparently the ride looks fantastic, but the gameplay just straight up doesn’t work. TMs working the attraction haven’t even played it yet. Hopefully the kinks get worked out soon!

This wouldn't shock me. I haven't heard clarification of whether it's a technical issue (i.e. the game crashes frequently and they can't figure out why) or a "fun" issue (the game just isn't satisfying to play). Either way, not great, but hope they can playtest it til it's ready.

It wouldn’t shock me if the game is purely chaotic so it’s not very satisfying. Seems to be a bit of a problem for some people with Mario Kart. Different attractions, but it’s interesting!
Interactive rides have a bit of the Body Wars problem. I think having a small period of respite in between periods of activity would be beneficial in the same way that periods of respite in between high-intensity simulator action makes those attractions more manageable for people with motion sickness.

Interactive rides have a bit of the Body Wars problem. I think having a small period of respite in between periods of activity would be beneficial in the same way that periods of respite in between high-intensity simulator action makes those attractions more manageable for people with motion sickness.

Men in Black does this well by giving you a "break" with the X-ray checkpoint as well as the breather before you "hit the streets."

I recall when the Simpson's land was being built -- every time I went, folks were taking photos in front of the cutouts on the walls. USF also tends to have movie cutouts to pose w/ for films such as Mario, Minions, and I am sure I have seen others -- anyway, they always seem popular to guest from what I have seen.

The queue posted above, would that be the extended queue? I mean USF has a lot of outside extended queues.

Is this opening "Summer 2023" in the same way Revenge of the Mummy was reopening "Summer 2022"? Meaning it will eventually soft open the final day of summer while being in technical rehearsal for 10 months after that?
It was planned to be open "Summer 2023". Today is the first day of "Summer 2023",

"OMG! They said...and it's...and (hyperventilating), IT'S NOT OPEN!!!! #FAILURE."

Chill your jets. The launch window just opened. It is open until Sept. 23, 2023.

When the "rumors" about it being a "walk-through attraction" with a moving walkway, everyone assumed it would be a low-tech cheap B or C ticket attraction.

I believe that assumption was a bit short sighted. Stir in the "link to the app" score tracking and blaster upgrades based on performance, this may be Universal's own Live Action Minion Game Attraction?

VC:MB>TSMM.

Last edited: