Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion) | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Villain-Con Minion Blast (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Evil Stuff store is in the old Preshow space for this side of Shrek. The old Shrek store became backstage Team Member area and new (much needed TM restrooms).

This is just a lil store you pass through exiting the ride. They have plenty others.
Second theater houses the attraction, first theater remains an empty black box.

Going to be very interesting to see where it enters and exits for houses.

I love the theming of the food and meet and greet building. But in details Universal is just not there. Look at the spotlights on the bank. They could have been sunken down so they weren't visible from the street.
If you are going to tell me the lights on the Bello artwork are also visible I can ensure you I know and love them as they are clearly intended to be part of the theming unlike the small lights on the bank.
(Foto by @biorecontruct)
Fx-ua8vWwAMV9FA

I love the theming of the food and meet and greet building. But in details Universal is just not there. Look at the spotlights on the bank. They could have been sunken down so they weren't visible from the street.
If you are going to tell me the lights on the Bello artwork are also visible I can ensure you I know and love them as they are clearly intended to be part of the theming unlike the small lights on the bank.
(Foto by @biorecontruct)
Fx-ua8vWwAMV9FA
Which lights are you talking about? The test lights pointing to the test column and the “vault”?

I would like to see the attraction

I think most people will not care either way about the shop and cut outs.
The shop and cutouts are not a big deal at all. Would I like something that's more of a fully themed exterior? Sure. But I'm more of the mind that I care more more what the actual attraction is. The rest is just noise.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Consensus seems to be that the attraction is behind schedule and won't open for another month or two. Any word on whether they'll open the food areas before the attraction?

Probably, doesn't look like Universal really cares about opening things on the same day. I'd be shocked if the cafe doesn't open sometime in July.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
The shop and cutouts are not a big deal at all. Would I like something that's more of a fully themed exterior? Sure. But I'm more of the mind that I care more more what the actual attraction is. The rest is just noise.
“The rest” is what distinguishes high-end theme parks like Uni and Disney. Ancillary theming -of facades, stores, restaurants - is AT LEAST as important as the rides themselves in the overall experience (I’d argue it’s actually more important). After all, that’s what guests will be experiencing for the VAST majority of their theme park experience. Universal revolutionized the industry with their Potter lands, in which the stores and the lands themselves are every bit the attraction the ride is. Many guests denigrate Gringotts (I think it gets a bum rap) but few would call Diagon a failure because of it thanks to the extraordinary ancillary theming.

Reactions: Grabnar
Consensus seems to be that the attraction is behind schedule and won't open for another month or two. Any word on whether they'll open the food areas before the attraction?

Well you typically see one moving walkway broken every time you walk through City Walk so add it to the list

• Haha
Reactions: Grabnar
“The rest” is what distinguishes high-end theme parks like Uni and Disney. Ancillary theming -of facades, stores, restaurants - is AT LEAST as important as the rides themselves in the overall experience (I’d argue it’s actually more important). After all, that’s what guests will be experiencing for the VAST majority of their theme park experience. Universal revolutionized the industry with their Potter lands, in which the stores and the lands themselves are every bit the attraction the ride is. Many guests denigrate Gringotts (I think it gets a bum rap) but few would call Diagon a failure because of it thanks to the extraordinary ancillary theming.
I agree I would like more of a fully fleshed out facade much like what the Minion Cafe is getting. But the attraction isn't getting that. I don't like it, but at the same time i'm not going to just keep bemoaning that forever since that's not going to change anything.

Hopefully the attraction is fun.