Villains Land at Magic Kingdom | Inside Universal Forums

Villains Land at Magic Kingdom

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nick

Staff
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
GUrNf3bWEAAlJVy

Last edited:
So what are we thinking about the coaster? If that's the ride vehicle at the top then we're looking at some kind of mine cart. Expanded versions of temple of peril with better trains would be great since we're probably not getting Taron regardless of the demo they suggest they might be targeting.

I don't see them going full beastly kingdom for the ride even if that's exactly what this art evokes.

Reactions: themeparkpalooza
I wonder if another attraction could be a dark ride that is either trackless or uses the Avengers Infinity defense ride system.

At any rate this is a welcome idea, as it'll give MK something more targeted to older kids, teens and adults. Very curious to find out what the two major attractions will be, and if there is a third smaller attraction in there. A more thrills-focused Ursula spinner or even a campy yet macabre show like the old Beetlejuice concept could be good complimentary additions.

If it's a Maleficent themed coaster I hope it's not a clone of Raging Spirits... since it's not a concept that will appeal to young kids, it ought to be Disney's most intense coaster yet while also having a similar level of detail as Hagrid's. Make it clearly a step above Big Thunder, SDMT, Space and TRON in intensity/scare factor. Everything else in MK is family friendly or fun/light thrills. Let this be very clearly meant for an older crowd.

For the second one, a dark ride around Bald Mountain using the Shanghai Pirates tech would be a cool idea for incorporating multiple villains, while having a spooky ride without a height requirement.

Epic Universe right now: "The god-king has betrayed a fatal flaw: Hubris. Easy to taunt, easy to trick. Before wounds and weariness have taken their toll, the mad king throws the best he has at us."

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
I'm looking forward to this as much as , or even more than, any of the Epic lands. Always a tremendous concept, I'm glad to see it finally greenlit. No doubt that it will be an attendance spark.

Reactions: belloq87
I'll believe it when it opens. Too many Disney projects get announced and never built.

The lack of anything beside very vague concept art and no timeline says to me that they still haven't committed to a design yet.

As for "construction has started", construction also started for the Main Street Theater, the Pleasure Island 2.0, and the Play Pavilion to name a few projects announced and then quietly cancelled.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I'll believe it when it opens. Too many Disney projects get announced and never built.

The lack of anything beside very vague concept art and no timeline says to me that they still haven't committed to a design yet.

As for "construction has started", construction also started for the Main Street Theater, the Pleasure Island 2.0, and the Play Pavilion to name a few projects announced and then quietly cancelled.
Can we live in a world of hope for one day?

The difference here ? Those are all concepts the GP and Disney hardcore fans didn’t really care about. Announcing this , which will surely excite the fan base and then canceling it would be extremely foolish.

With Epic down the street with their own Dark Universe this land only makes more sense.

Can we live in a world of hope for one day?
I live in the real world. I've seen all these big announcements before and learned not to expect too much.

The difference here ? Those are all concepts the GP and Disney hardcore fans didn’t really care about. Announcing this , which will surely excite the fan base and then canceling it would be extremely foolish.

With Epic down the street with their own Dark Universe this land only makes more sense.
The GP and fans can be as hyped or not hyped as they want. The reality is until they break ground, nothing is certain and even then can be cancelled. Just like Main Street Theater, just like Pay Pavilion, etc. where they spent a ton of money to prep for things and cancelled anyway. One bad quarter and they could pull the plug on half of it. Iger retires (again) and his successor sees other priorities and changes the plans.

With Epic coming down the road all of this made sense to begin five years ago.

I live in the real world. I've seen all these big announcements before and learned not to expect too much.

The GP and fans can be as hyped or not hyped as they want. The reality is until they break ground, nothing is certain and even then can be cancelled. Just like Main Street Theater, just like Pay Pavilion, etc. where they spent a ton of money to prep for things and cancelled anyway. One bad quarter and they could pull the plug on half of it. Iger retires (again) and his successor sees other priorities and changes the plans.

With Epic coming down the road all of this made sense to begin five years ago.
This is what’s called, “fanboy cope” lol

Reactions: GAcoaster