Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Vintage Walt Disney World Resort

@DisMagicMan posted this cool photo of when Epcot was under construction. These were laid out in the parking lot before they were attached to Spaceship Earth.

iDIMk1NencbgR.jpg

omg these pictures are so cool

i vaguely remember Mr. Toad's Wild Ride (like the only real memory i have is spinning around a fountain in a car Dx)

i remember that i went on ExtraTERRORestrial, but it's like that experience where you know of it but the trauma was so much that you can't recall the memories to match. yeah. i was so traumatized when i was 6 and i saw it :pound:

i remember the 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire' show. my mom got on it once, and i felt cool :mean:

i remember, vaguely, the TARZAN Rocks show before the Nemo musical.

i think i had went to Pop Century around the first two months of its opening

i'm so old that i still call MGM "MGM" :dance:

I have a WDW 23rd anniversary pin with Donald Duck on EAC from 1994. I'm so old I remember the skyway,20k,the opening of the MGM studios,when there were only 2 parks and 3 resorts (yes fort wilderness was a reaort for a while). I also remember when pleasure island and westside was nothing but trees. I have a book my Dad bought when I was born that shows WDW in it's infancy. That place has changed in ways many wouldn't believe.

Walt Disney World Resort In-Room Advertisement

Walt Disney World Resort is a contiguous, nearly 40-square-mile, world-class entertainment and recreation destination featuring four theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and Disney’s Animal Kingdom); two water parks (Disney’s Blizzard Beach and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon); 36 resort hotels (26 owned and operated by Walt Disney World, includes nine Disney Vacation Club resort properties); 63 holes of golf on four courses; two full-service spas; Disney’s Wedding Pavilion; ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex; and Disney Springs, an entertainment-shopping-dining complex. Walt Disney World Resort is also included in Disney Cruise Line vacation packages. Located at Lake Buena Vista, Fla., 20 miles southwest of Orlando, Walt Disney World Resort opened Oct. 1, 1971. Open daily, year-round.

Test Track Promo Cast Member Preview Walt Disney World (1999)

Epcot Center Test Track Preview at Walt Disney World Resort

Test Track is a high-speed giant slot car attraction at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida. The ride is a simulated excursion through the rigorous testing procedures that General Motors uses to evaluate its concept cars, culminating in a high-speed drive around the exterior of the attraction. It closed for refurbishment on April 15, 2012, and re-opened on December 6, 2012. It is now sponsored by the Chevrolet brand instead of General Motors as a whole, which had sponsored the attraction since its opening in 1999.

Test Track Promo Cast Member Preview Walt Disney World (1999)

Epcot Center Test Track Preview at Walt Disney World Resort

Test Track is a high-speed giant slot car attraction at Epcot at the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida. The ride is a simulated excursion through the rigorous testing procedures that General Motors uses to evaluate its concept cars, culminating in a high-speed drive around the exterior of the attraction. It closed for refurbishment on April 15, 2012, and re-opened on December 6, 2012. It is now sponsored by the Chevrolet brand instead of General Motors as a whole, which had sponsored the attraction since its opening in 1999.
90's AF

Also, let's not pretend like Disney didn't hard copy the Cruisin' game soundtrack