Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay Cabanas

Just called myself, was wondering what the most these things would cost:

Prices for May 25th:

Single Cabana - $299.99

Family Cabana - $499.99

Premium Seating - $64.99 (for two loungers)

For comparison, price of premium seating for May 31st is $44.99

And to note, I know the website says Premium Seating is $29.99 "per lounger" but if you click on terms and conditions you actually get TWO loungers for the price. So 64.99 on opening day is double the starting cost. And 44.99 a week later is closer. 29.99 will be the price for two loungers in off season.

*The Volcano Bay Premium Seating includes: Two (2) padded loungers with adjustable umbrella; and built in locker storage. Subject to availability. Advance reservations are recommended. Usage is date specific. Seventy-two (72) hour cancellation notice is required for a refund. Universal’s Volcano Bay™ admission is not included. Unused usage shall be forfeited. Additional Restrictions may apply.
I must add an addendum, the Express prices go higher in June/July than they are opening day... so these cabana prices for opening day aren't even the highest they'll be probably. If anyone wants to call and check prices for first week of July, that would be the best barometer for highest these will sell for. 877-489-8068

For comparison, price of premium seating for May 31st is $44.99

And to note, I know the website says Premium Seating is $29.99 "per lounger" but if you click on terms and conditions you actually get TWO loungers for the price. So 64.99 on opening day is double the starting cost. And 44.99 a week later is closer. 29.99 will be the price for two loungers in off season.

*The Volcano Bay Premium Seating includes: Two (2) padded loungers with adjustable umbrella; and built in locker storage. Subject to availability. Advance reservations are recommended. Usage is date specific. Seventy-two (72) hour cancellation notice is required for a refund. Universal’s Volcano Bay™ admission is not included. Unused usage shall be forfeited. Additional Restrictions may apply.

At $29.99, the premium seating doesn't sound like a terrible deal. I am curious if even the open seating is padded- if so, that certainly doesn't make it as good of a deal. But if only the premium seating is padded, with a locker, $30 isn't terrible. But $45 just seems nuts to me for a couple of chairs... And I never understand the cabana people. I rarely spend money to enhance experiences- unless it saves me time (time is money). I get why- but it just seems so overpriced- I don't know, it's probably how I was raised. Even though I can afford certain things, I still can't bring myself to do it.

And I never understand the cabana people. I rarely spend money to enhance experiences- unless it saves me time (time is money). I get why- but it just seems so overpriced- I don't know, it's probably how I was raised. Even though I can afford certain things, I still can't bring myself to do it.

Same as people who buy an Illumination Fireworks Cruise for two people. No better a view, but a bit of breathing space away from the crowds

The only time I ever rented a cabana was at Cabana Bay. It just seemed fitting.

Also, it was cheaper, nice to have a shady spot all your own. And it had a TV. Can't beat that. Seriously though, it was nice having a fridge.

My cabana is booked! :thumbsup: The girl that helped me was AWESOME but she said she's been on since 7am and every call back-to-back has been about booking a cabana. So if you're considering getting one, don't wait.
yes, that is what the guy my wife talked to as well. They are swamped!

So, if someone purchases a cabana and leaves in the early afternoon, the cabana will remain vacant through the rest of the day and evening?
I assume they'll do exactly what they did at Wet n' Wild. If someone vacated the cabana, they would turn it over and resell it for the same value.

I assume they'll do exactly what they did at Wet n' Wild. If someone vacated the cabana, they would turn it over and resell it for the same value.

I'd think if you paid for it for a whole day they'd leave it empty. Whats to say you aren't just going back to the room for a bit and coming back for the night show?

Anybody else really surprised by the prices?

At their lowest price, a single cabana is $26.66 a person and a family cabana is $18.75 a person (assuming full capacity).
At their peak, a single cabana is $50 and a family cabana is $31.25 a person.

I didn't expect the off-peak prices to be advertised as that low. I understand that they'll rarely be offered at that price, but that undercuts Disney significantly. I wonder if they'll fall into the airline trap, where airlines advertise 1 seat on 1 flight @ $1 and then people grow cynical about the offers when they can never take advantage of them.

The cabanas seem to be scattered all around the park. My friend just booked one in the "rain forest" for July 15th and at the wave pool on July 16th (both 2nd floor). I didn't ask how much they spent, but they're Club 33 members so obviously they have no problem spending money.