Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll love it & get spoiled into doing it all the time. A week onsite at Universal is a week of relaxation & spontaneous holiday while enjoying the parks & Citi Walk at a leisurely pace. Vacation like it's meant to be.
I am going this Sept for 2 weeks staying at Disney but Universal was always part of the plan, if I am going for 2 weeks it would be madness not to plan to head over to Universal at some point while I am there. Although next year I plan to do a week just at Universal just to try a different sort of holiday.

Thanks, I enjoy doing Disney/Universal but fancy seeing what it is like to do just Universal one year and then Disney the next perhaps.

Reactions: Mad Dog
You'll love it & get spoiled into doing it all the time. A week onsite at Universal is a week of relaxation & spontaneous holiday while enjoying the parks & Citi Walk at a leisurely pace. Vacation like it's meant to be.
I've always wondered what it would be like to stay there for a week...I imagine it is, as you said, quite relaxing..

At first we split the vacations between Disney & Universal. But we found that was a lot to do & a little too fast paced. But now we love the easy relaxing pace of Universal that we do it three times to every Disney vacation. But then again, we really enjoy the entertainment at Citi Walk, like Pat O'Brien's piano bar, Marley's, Margueritaville & the Citi Walk & all three resort's restaurants (easy to drink when you don't have to drive or have a long bus wait), plus we spend a lot of time at the hotel resorts & great pools
Thanks, I enjoy doing Disney/Universal but fancy seeing what it is like to do just Universal one year and then Disney the next perhaps.
. We do the Universal parks at a leisurely pace, and always come back to the pools during the hot Orlando afternoons. And we really like to walk the beautiful paths or take the water taxis. And you can't beat on site Express passes. No reservations ever needed for anything. We do what we want when we feel like doing it. Universal makes it so easy. It's become addictive to us.

Yea it would be nice to just wander round the park with a week to do so at my own pace. Atho I am tempted to push the week back to when HHN is on as I have never had a chance to experience that yet and staying at Universal would tie that in nicely.

We did that for two weeks in the fall 2013. First time ever for a HHN & it was pretty good combining it with the regular park stuff. We got one of the HHN tickets whereby you could go 3 or 4 times & it was pretty cheap. The way to do it is purchase a Universal AP. That will give you hotel & food discounts & if you want to come back next year before your 1 yr. AP expires, your tickets are already paid for. You can save a lot of money for long Uni vacations if you do it right. You can even split a few days at Cabana with some days at the deluxe resorts to save a few bucks or pounds.
Yea it would be nice to just wander round the park with a week to do so at my own pace. Atho I am tempted to push the week back to when HHN is on as I have never had a chance to experience that yet and staying at Universal would tie that in nicely.

AP might be an idea would have to weigh up the costs of how it works out on saving me money etc and as for HHN I would like to get a ticket where I could do multiple nights so I can experience as much as possible, just shame I will miss it this year as I am there too early.

AP might be an idea would have to weigh up the costs of how it works out on saving me money etc and as for HHN I would like to get a ticket where I could do multiple nights so I can experience as much as possible, just shame I will miss it this year as I am there too early.
APs are all worth it for UK guests, we have them at the moment, made the money back after two trips :)

Reactions: LieutLaww
How do you book your trips ? Package or do everything individually ? And where do we in the UK go for AP's ?

I've been doing just Universal for a week for almost 10 years now. At first Universal was just part of a Disney vacation but now Universal is its own vacation. Used to do 2 vacations a year, Universal in Summer then Disney a different time of year. But I haven't been to Disney in like 7 years now. Hoping to get back soon.

Universal for a week is definitely relaxing, can go at your own pace and there's no rush to do anything. To stay on topic, I'm not a water park guy, but with it added to the resort I can see more people inclined to plan strictly Universal vacations now that they have another park.

I don't know if this has been asked (if it has, oops! I've been trying to keep up), but since Universal is saying this is their water park (unlike Wet 'n Wild where it seems to be "oh yeah, we own that..."), will this be included in our annual pass? Or will it be a discount like they currently do with Wet 'n Wild?

Part of me wants to assume it will, and that's another reason why passholder rates have been going up instead of a large jump at park open.

I don't know if this has been asked (if it has, oops! I've been trying to keep up), but since Universal is saying this is their water park (unlike Wet 'n Wild where it seems to be "oh yeah, we own that..."), will this be included in our annual pass? Or will it be a discount like they currently do with Wet 'n Wild?

Part of me wants to assume it will, and that's another reason why passholder rates have been going up instead of a large jump at park open.

All of those details are completely unknown at this time and I am not sure Universal has decided what they are going to do. We have another 18 months before that kind of info will be released.

This to me could be the biggest thing about Volcano Bay. They are referring to it as their 3rd park with is interesting. If it's included in the multi-day tickets it has the opportunity to combat the value that Disney offers, add a day for a low cost and have access to all 3 parks could be tempting for guests. Of course with water parks there is the issue of capacity. My hope is they will do some different things with this park to create a very high capacity. Even with that I could see them cutting out the AP's though or maybe just limiting it to the Premier AP.

Yeah, I foresee this park only being included with the Premier AP or them creating a new higher level pass to include it altogether.

Yeah, I foresee this park only being included with the Premier AP or them creating a new higher level pass to include it altogether.

My guess:

-Power Pass gets nothing
-Preferred gets one ticket per year, similar to Premier's complimentary HHN ticket or just a discount
-Premier gets a few free days.

Either that or VB will have its own, separate AP like WNW does.

Reactions: *Q*
Status
Not open for further replies.