Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 356 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It's not like they'd give it to the 2000+ guests- just the dozen that might complain. I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say after I give them my pouty eyes and show them that pic that I'll get express. ;) But if I don't, that's ok too.

They likely changed the policy after testing Fallon's system. It's better for everyone if they limit Express. And it's not like they're hurting for occupancy. They might offer it as a promotion when occupancy might be down at a deluxe. There's a reason RPR isn't a premium resort and is just preferred. That reason might be VB.
I like RPR, more my style. On another page TM rates are $75 for all the deluxe and $50 for the CBBR and SF so you know the price point the rooms are really worth to Lowes. Feel free to work them for VB express, I think they can afford it.

Reactions: Mad Dog and Andysol
I like RPR, more my style. On another page TM rates are $75 for all the deluxe and $50 for the CBBR and SF so you know the price point the rooms are really worth to Lowes. Feel free to work them for VB express, I think they can afford it.

Dang. I'd have to think those $75 rates don't come with express. But still a great deal

I'll try for sure- were really nice people and it seems to go a long way on the service front (and it doesn't hurt my wife is a stunner)

Thanks for the shot, I wonder if they will fall back on the fine print if you press them on it?

They wouldn't have a leg to stand on. It's not like they'd give it to the 2000+ guests- just the dozen that might complain. I'm gonna go out on a ledge and say after I give them my pouty eyes and show them that pic that I'll get express. ;) But if I don't, that's ok too.

They likely changed the policy after testing Fallon's system. It's better for everyone if they limit Express. And it's not like they're hurting for occupancy. They might offer it as a promotion when occupancy might be down at a deluxe. There's a reason RPR isn't a premium resort and is just preferred. That reason might be VB.

Information and policies are subject to change without notice is at the bottom of page and always has been. If you are nice about it, they may give it to you. If you go in there saying and demanding it, they may not.
I think it would be very rare for them to give it to someone who complains. There's no way the Express passes they'll use at Volcano Bay will be the same as the paper ones you get out of the kiosks at the resorts for the other parks, it'll probably be programmed into your TapuTapu. Volcano Bay Express just isn't simply something that Loews will have access to, so you're talking about having to coordinate across two different companies, multiple departments, probably a couple different levels of management across the departments on both sides to be able to comp that for somebody, and then probably require a lengthy process for the guest to go through a long line at Guest Services at the park to get it set up and everything. I think most front desk supervisors would resort to like a $50 credit on your room or something like that waaaaay before caving in on the Express.

Reactions: Andysol
Anybody want to vectorize this bad boy? * looks at @scott_walker *
Volcano%20Bay%20poster.jpg

My laptop is currently broke but I should be up and running by the end of the week. Should be easy enough.

Nice, loads of updates to come back too, so many I can't even be bothered to comment on them :lol:. A few updates I found this morning:

Bioreconstruct latest:

Another waterfall testing video from the other day, obviously this is why it has been essential they cleared the wave pool recently! filled that up nicely, as a side note seeing the aerials with the wave pool clear and the odd person stood in it just makes you realise how huge that thing is, the capacity is going to be great as I found Typhoon's too crowded, especially when you wanted to do a bit of body surfing!:

I hope you are right that Tapu Tapu makes the Express Pass unnecessary on most days. Its disappointing in the sense that we thought staying at one of the top hotels included Express Passes, even after re-reading the website its hard to tell. Unlimited Express Pass is something that keeps bringing my family back to Universal, instead of the other place. We always go home feeling like we got to do everything. I can't put a value on that.

I do think it sucks that UOR was/is not clear on VB Express for on site guest! As others have pointed out, it shouldn't hurt to ask inquire about it and your mis-understanding.

I still think it will be interesting to see how crowds pan out. UNI seems to be pushing this as an all day park. From what I recall of the Disney water parks, crowds can early and were done by 3 PM or so (not that I went that often.

We went to WnW once when they were offering a good AP deal, the park was slow, but the thing with water parks (for an old guy like me anyway) is that they are a lot of exercise with all the stars and all to the point where I think it would be more enjoyable at a slower pace, so maybe they will be able help you pace a bit by spreading some of the climbing out.

I just think a lot of tourist are not use to the heat and a full day at a water park will take its toll on anyone.

Yea, if the shelf tag is wrong at the grocery store and I point it out, they still give me the wrong/lower price... The Loews website listed free VB Express included for awhile up until recently, and if you point that out and complain they may accommodate you. I know I'd at least try.

On the bright side, Express for VB is pretty cheap. Starting* at 19.99/ day for single use and 39.99/day for unlimited. But as Joe said, I'd maybe wait till the day of and see if you need it or not before paying for it... Hopefully they work something out for you though.

(*price will vary depending on days)

Cool to see they offer single use. I keep wondering how Express will work. I know my wife and I will take things at a slower pace than my daughter will. I'd like the option to get her Express, but I do not know how that will play out for we would also want to ride stuff together via virtual queue, but she will want to do more than we would (or at least at a faster pace than us)...with single use as an option, if there are issues w/ one in a party of three having Express...we might be able to do some things together to start, and then get our daughter Express when we are ready to slow down and let her wear herself out.

Reactions: Alicia
Bae's about to get a lot more Bamboo. Tons of Bamboo being staged at the tree lot near Shingle Creek. Looks kinda brown though :/
As I believe @Teebin said, the brown bamboo I think will easily come back once watered, or maybe he said new shoots will grow so quickly it won't matter. Either way, the cabanas near I4 had some pretty brown bamboo planted behind them and I believe they've turned green already.

Just tried, too much of a reflection.

It's going to have to be drawn from scratch but it looks a lot worse than it actually is. The waves are all the same shape just different sizes. The flower beneath and behind the palm trees are all the same shape but rotated and different sizes.

I reckon it should take about an hour. My only concerns are finding the fonts. I'm about 99% certain that Volcano Bay logo is custom not a font but it should be easy enough to find a pdf/vector version online with all the new info flowing out recently.

Edit: Font 1 found Hipster Script Pro - Webfont & Desktop font « MyFonts

Last edited:
nicely done! I was too lazy and tried using image trace in illustrator lol

Recreating logos and designs is a major part of my job so I'll happily recreate something like this. I find it soothes a part of the soul as sad as that is.

Every now and again, I kind of wish I was born about 50 years ago and I could have been a great forger. Something along the lines of Catch Me If You Can.

Status
Not open for further replies.