Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 357 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Recreating logos and designs is a major part of my job so I'll happily recreate something like this. I find it soothes a part of the soul as sad as that is.
I totally get it, I do technical drawings and whenever I have the occasion to copy something I love it because it's just very soothing.
Silly video is surprisingly informative:

I... am not the intended audience for that video. :what:

Anyone here have a clue what the palms are that look like coconut palms? They are not queen palms or mule palms. Coco's are dead in the water in a freeze yet have the flat appearance of each frond. I am baffled.

The three tallest palms in the round white sandy area dead center of this picture are what I am talking about.

04182017VBay18.jpg

Reactions: Coasted
That's a lot of dirty water...

I guess since it's not an aquarium they can use all kinds of chemicals, but i know getting the tanks clean at places like Seas take weeks, if not months, of filtering.

Anyone here have a clue what the palms are that look like coconut palms? They are not queen palms or mule palms. Coco's are dead in the water in a freeze yet have the flat appearance of each frond. I am baffled.

The three tallest palms in the round white sandy area dead center of this picture are what I am talking about.

04182017VBay18.jpg

Man, I was going to ask if you thought those were cocnut. I think they can micro-climate them to keep them growing

Looking at the insane amount of vegetation around the entrance, the way the entrance building roof is shaped and the crazy winding paths in that area it seems like they are trying to make it so you can't really see the full extent of the volcano until you are standing right in front of the wave pool.

^Yep, it's very clear that they are taking a page out of Typhoon Lagoon and Animal Kingdom - which is smart on their part given how grand the volcano will look from that vantage point.

Crossing my fingers that the rest of this park is equally as lush, as that *may* be some kind of consolation for the missing back half of the volcano.

Aquatica had grown in so nicely since 2006, so I can only hope the same will be true for this park. SWP&E may do landscaping the best, but Universal always comes in at a very close second place in that department.

Reactions: Andysol

04182017VBay18.jpg

Could they be foxtails?

Status
Not open for further replies.