Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 368 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have never been to one of these supped up water parks I have a question. How do they keep the beach sand out of the wave pool and the pump intakes? Anyone here know how that works?
I think it is ongoing maintenance of the filters and replacement of the sand. Part of running the park.

So is that really their uniforms though? They just looked like T-shirts.
Further to this, we saw people today in uniforms that were the same pattern as the ones I previously posted, but a slightly different colour scheme. These were more of a yellow base.
Whether that means there'll be different colour schemes for different sections of the park or for different ride/ops/food positions, I don't know.

Apologies if asked previously, I view this thread every morning and haven't seen. But does anyone know how quickly will be able to walk to VB from CBBR/Route etc? At first it appeared would have own walk way but looks like this isnt the case now.

Apologies if asked previously, I view this thread every morning and haven't seen. But does anyone know how quickly will be able to walk to VB from CBBR/Route etc? At first it appeared would have own walk way but looks like this isnt the case now.

I just can't see any logical way to get to CBBR to VB unless they add a small path directly to the entrance. If you walk, you're probably going to have to circle around SF as I doubt they want people walking through the hotel who don't need to be there or they put you on a bus to drive you a mile and a half around CBBR.

I just can't see any logical way to get to CBBR to VB unless they add a small path directly to the entrance. If you walk, you're probably going to have to circle around SF as I doubt they want people walking through the hotel who don't need to be there or they put you on a bus to drive you a mile and a half around CBBR.
Thats what my thoughts are, I am hoping that they will have a shortcut due to the likelihood of how many people from CBBR will visit VB. I am staying at CBBR from 21st May for 2 weeks so will see what I can find

Would they really want to have to transport people via bus from CBBR around through the parking garages to the drop off area instead of just letting people walk the 100 yards or so from CBBR to VB?

Last edited:
Would they really want to have to transport people via bus from CBBR around through the parking garages to the drop off area instead of just letting people walk the 100 yards or so from CBBT to VB?

The only reason I could think would be if people were parking at CBBR instead of the main garage.

Reactions: awhen
The only reason I could think would be if people were parking at CBBR instead of the main garage.
We discussed this a while ago when I asked the same question. If there is a private entrance, I would expect that a room key from CBBR would be needed to get in/out. This would greatly reduce the likelihood of people trying to park there. I think they would also clamp down on entry to the lot as well to prevent that type of abuse.

If you look at this picture, on the right side near the parking garage is a walking path that connects to the one from the bus drop off, I believe that will be the one for CBBR guests. On a side note, does anyone know who the bus stops to the left of the main entrance will be used by?
I'd say this is correct. The Volcano Bay staff members are currently being dropped off at the CBBR bus stop and are then walking through that garage to get to VB.
I've just taken these shots a few minutes ago through my hotel window. Not great quality through the glass, but you can also see the new yellow/blue variation uniforms here.
Optimized-IMG_5302.JPG
Optimized-IMG_5299.JPG
Optimized-IMG_5296.JPG

While getting a cabana, the guy said there would be a private entrance from cabana to volcano bay.

I've heard some worries that there won't be an entrance or pathway. I think the worry is people using CBBR as a lot for VB (Beach, Yacht, and Boardwalk are waving hi) and the logistics of security screening.

The last time we stayed there we were required to show our room key for entrance to the parking lot. Restricting parking to CBBR would not be that hard to do, the system is already in place, they would just need to enforce it.

The last time we stayed there we were required to show our room key for entrance to the parking lot. Restricting parking to CBBR would not be that hard to do, the system is already in place, they would just need to enforce it.

Yeah I satayed in OCT and had to use my card to get in the parking lot. However there were a few days/nights where they just left the gate wide open. Weird....

They could require a flyer on your windshield they can give out during registration and also have a huge warning sign that you will be towed. I'm sure that could help solve the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
Has anyone seen the aqua coaster testing yet? I would think it would be about that time..... still looks like there's a lot to finish yet in a month...
I don't think they have tested it yet.

There does seem like a lot to do, not surprised they'll be no softs.

Status
Not open for further replies.