Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 369 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the slides will be ready. I'm going June 7th and I'm more worried that the tapu tapu system will not be ready with out any kind of large scale soft opening.

They said no public softs, still could be employee softs. Technically there have are employees riding certain slides already.
This is very true. You'd think there would have to be a true overload of the park, to truly test out the tapu tapu queueing functionality before opening. They must be having some sort of team member days planned beforehand... surely! :look:

Reactions: Joel
This is very true. You'd think there would have to be a true overload of the park, to truly test out the tapu tapu queueing functionality before opening. They must be having some sort of team member days planned beforehand... surely! :look:
The good news is Tapu Tapu not working is like an escalator not working, it just turns into a normal line.

I'd say this is correct. The Volcano Bay staff members are currently being dropped off at the CBBR bus stop and are then walking through that garage to get to VB.
I've just taken these shots a few minutes ago through my hotel window. Not great quality through the glass, but you can also see the new yellow/blue variation uniforms here.
View attachment 4237
View attachment 4238
View attachment 4239

Tomorrow, once you see them approaching, just join the group and see how far you can go and after a full day of testing rides and having fun, give us a detailed review. :cheers:

I've heard some worries that there won't be an entrance or pathway. I think the worry is people using CBBR as a lot for VB (Beach, Yacht, and Boardwalk are waving hi) and the logistics of security screening.

The last time we stayed there we were required to show our room key for entrance to the parking lot. Restricting parking to CBBR would not be that hard to do, the system is already in place, they would just need to enforce it.

Yeah I satayed in OCT and had to use my card to get in the parking lot. However there were a few days/nights where they just left the gate wide open. Weird....

They could require a flyer on your windshield they can give out during registration and also have a huge warning sign that you will be towed. I'm sure that could help solve the problem.
I was starting to doubt myself whether there would be a direct walkway from Cabana Bay to the park, if they were going to make you do something crazy like take the pedestrian bridge over Adventure Way and then walk along that side of the road to the tunnel, but then this appeared:
Photo%20Apr%2025%2C%2012%2024%2000.jpg

Reactions: 12th Man
I was starting to doubt myself whether there would be a direct walkway from Cabana Bay to the park, if they were going to make you do something crazy like take the pedestrian bridge over Adventure Way and then walk along that side of the road to the tunnel, but then this appeared:

Yes, this is the path I was referring to a few pages ago. Also the structure on the right looks like it could potentially be a security screening checkpoint for CBBR, and that path may be the way to exit, assuming Security will be prior to boarding the busses in the parking garages.

Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
They've already tested Tapu Tapu. No need to worry.

I personally believe that the WnW testing is no substitute for a full stress field test at VB itself with real capacity crowds. There are always variables that present themselves at the operational stage that even the best experts and testing can fail to account for.

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
Photo%20Apr%2025%2C%2012%2024%2000.jpg

Where was this picture posted originally? I would like to see it at full res without the scribble.

My Dropbox! :thumbsup:

Here's the unmarked version:

Why thank you Mr. Epcot! I am saving it to my collection... :)

btw, I am kinda shocked that they planted a Dac date palm right on top of that queen palm like that. They pulled this kind of "kill" stuff at AK when it was built as they wanted it to be immediately lush and grown in. $$$ of palms have since died at AK because of it and they were all fine with it that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. EPCOT
I can share that the Premium Services team who are responsible for the implementation of Tapu during daily park operations have been testing for the past couple of months in a soundstage on property.

Even more recently, team members from various departments of Volcano Bay have been used as guinea pigs in the same soundstage testing process.

I can share that the Premium Services team who are responsible for the implementation of Tapu during daily park operations have been testing for the past couple of months in a soundstage on property.

Even more recently, team members from various departments of Volcano Bay have been used as guinea pigs in the same soundstage testing process.

What he said.

My wife and I spoke to more Volcano Bay workers this afternoon at the CBBR bus stop (I'm not shy!). I 'fake naively' asked them all if VB would be soft-opening before the official opening date and 3 independent groups of staff have now told us that there will definitely not be any public soft openings at all, that they will be opening only from the day of the Grand Opening.

I know this tallies in with what most people now believe (though feel free to retain some scepticism), but if true.... man, that's a very risky strategy!
First off, I wouldn't necessarily believe the average VB employee (many of whom were just hired) to know the plans of the company regarding things like this.

Secondly, I would guess even if they don't have any public soft opening, they still may have TM previews to test things like they do with all the restaurants. TM previews can be tightly controlled for social media leaks and there are more than enough TMs to really do a "stress test" on the systems.

Seems like it has been a while but Midway Mayhem has a new video update, First video is dated (4/5/17) His second video will follow tonight, being in the UK I will be asleep though by the time he uploads it:

Couple of photo finds on twitter today:

Status
Not open for further replies.