Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion | Page 42 | Inside Universal Forums

Volcano Bay Construction & Preview Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one almighty disaster, can't see that company getting too many orders in future.
I can see the company being wound up very quickly to avoid people coming for money!

I'm hoping it looks like this.
tram_sixpoints.jpg

Since it'll be a purpose built road, hopefully there will be some lightly themed bits along the route so it's not just looking at the back of the building and the hotel parking garages.

It's a small thing, but it would help add atmosphere to make it seem like you aren't in a backstage area.

Since it'll be a purpose built road, hopefully there will be some lightly themed bits along the route so it's not just looking at the back of the building and the hotel parking garages.

It's a small thing, but it would help add atmosphere to make it seem like you aren't in a backstage area.

It's just under a mile from the car park to the drop off point. There will be a retaining wall between you and the I4. They could fill it with movie posters over the years and stick a screen inside the tram and call it a day. The journey is only going to be a couple of minutes.

Reactions: anihilnation
It's just under a mile from the car park to the drop off point. There will be a retaining wall between you and the I4. They could fill it with movie posters over the years and stick a screen inside the tram and call it a day. The journey is only going to be a couple of minutes.

Retaining wall means holding back earth and not a wall that rises above it. I am not yet convinced that there is any room for landscaping as both sides appear as tight as a bug's ass. Oh well, that is their problem and not mine. :)

I know it will be a short ride and if there's nothing they can do then fine, but even with a short ride, a small bit of beautification can greatly help how one views things as they enter/leave.

As my thinking until I re-read the plans. Anytime I hear tram I think of the single car train with the overhead power. (Not sure what they are called)
Same here, since this is the traditional usage of tram. Google tram and you find the ones running on rails, in wikipedia as well, it is part of rail transport; though Wikipedia says the same Disneyhead said, that in America they are often called trolley.

Would the lane for the trolley be blocked off from other traffic with a small wall or something? I am just wondering, because if it is an open tram and it passes along a public road, could be a liability.

Retaining wall means holding back earth and not a wall that rises above it. I am not yet convinced that there is any room for landscaping as both sides appear as tight as a bug's ass. Oh well, that is their problem and not mine. :)

Ah, ok. Thanks.

Same here, since this is the traditional usage of tram. Google tram and you find the ones running on rails, in wikipedia as well, it is part of rail transport; though Wikipedia says the same Disneyhead said, that in America they are often called trolley.

Would the lane for the trolley be blocked off from other traffic with a small wall or something? I am just wondering, because if it is an open tram and it passes along a public road, could be a liability.
You are confused I think. We aren't getting a "trolley". A trolley runs on tracks in America, whereas this will basically be long, open-air vehicles.

See the above pictures for examples of what they will look like.

This is a really short ride. It's not much different than the length of the tram rides from the back of the Disney parking lots to the park gates. When we took the bus at CBBR, we were at the parking garage really quick, and this will be even faster since there's no other traffic to contend with.

Do you guys think one Day Universal will build it's own Monorail System just like Walt Disney World has?

The current land occupied is small enough that they don't really need it. If they wanted to connect this area to the newly acquired land, maybe.

The monorail at Disney is just a bit of a gimmick really the more I think about it.

at least Universal is bringing back their tram system that they used to have so many years ago when Universal was just one park wayyyyyyyyy before IOA and Citywalk got built...come to think of it I wonder what they did with those trams because I Remember a couple of years back seeing the old trams sitting a salvage yard somewhere with the logo still on it while passing through I-4....

Orlando international airport has those rail trams. I was thinking something closed in due to weather. Ever been on onw of those parking trams at Disney or Sea World in stormy weather? Not fun

Status
Not open for further replies.