Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

Feb 15, 2012
IZBlHjx.jpg

Talk about all aspects of Volcano Bay here. Have general questions? Want to share thoughts? Post them all here. Please post all large photo posts and park reviews in the "Photos and Reviews" thread.

Since construction of the park isn't yet completed I guess we will have to continue that discussion here. Does anybody have any pictures of the volcano from the vantage point of the saucer slide? I'd be curious to see how things are shaping up given this is one of the bare patches that still needed filling in. Is it going to be more loungers or just a big jungle of foliage?

This actually would have been a solid spot to add more of those private cabanas that seem to be all the rage.

Orlando Informer has a good review that answers a few of the questions that have been popping up. Concerning views or noise from I4 they said you don't really hear anything and the only time you can see I4 is when you climb to the top of one of the slide groupings (I would also guess that when the park is packed with people, for sure you're not hearing anything). They also said the park is well detailed and beautiful like Hogsmeade, Diagon & Pandora. And they praised the food, and choices.

I didn't watch any of the videos....anyway, when they say water fireworks in regards to the coaster, could there still be a water effect that is not operating yet?

I can't think of any theme park launch (granted, only been in the community for a couple) where everything launched 100% perfect on the first day.

I imagine the water coaster will be like a Phase 1.5 ride. The basic ride opens now and all of the effects will open over time.

Also those misters weren't working right because they were to create a fog like effect as well. Thierry Coup said all the things not finished today will be done by tomorrow so I'm sure they have people on standby during the breaks during the storm cell to go and work on things.

Wow, I didn't even the chance to say a proper goodbye on the construction thread. Lol. I've casually creeped these boards for a while, but all the awesome discussion on Volcano Bay is what caused me to finally join! Probably won't be awhile until I visit, but the pictures we've been seeing today have blown me away! (And I'm really not a water park person...but I may just become a water THEME park person now :peace:)

Now to anxiously await the next announcement since Fallon and the Bay have wrapped up!

When Universal Studios unveils its latest theme park Volcano Bay in Orlando, Florida, on May 25 it will rumble to life with a strong New Zealand presence.
Auckland producer Matt Smith has overseen the soundtrack to the theme park's music, which will be unveiled in a live performance at the opening ceremony featuring Maisey Rika and TeWaka Huia.
The opening ceremony will be broadcast live on the Today Show in the US, which has an estimated viewing audience of 30 million.

"Universal wanted a Pacific Island production crew, to work with, record, and produce a piece of music and live performance that captured aspects of their musical / cultural performance," Smith says.

"Our first challenge was to record performances, so we went to the island of Espirito Santos in Vanuatu. There we recording the incredible 'water women', who's music comes from synchronised movements in the water. The sound they produce is incredible. The next stop was back to Smith's RedRoom studio in Helensville to record TeWaka Huia performing karanga, kapahaka and waiata.Maisey Rika's stunning vocals came next..

"We couldn't wait to hear how her voice would sit on an orchestral bed," Smith says. "Then we recorded Rarotongan drummers, who's complex drum patterns blow the mind."Having recently been on tour with the MMQ and NZ Symphony Orchestra, I met Chris Gendall (composer) and Hamish McKeich (conductor). I asked if they'd be interested in the project and they, to my absolute delight agreed.

"I sent the field recordings to Chris so that he could write a score around and under the pieces."

The next stop was Sir Peter Jackson's Stella Marris studio.

"It's an ex convent, with its chapel now lovingly restored and turned into a studio ideal for recording orchestras."

Along with Rika, TeWaka Huia and the water women from Vanuata, two other people, Krista Rogers and Rewi Spraggon, who made the cultural and logistical challenges work, will be at the opening ceremony.

"This is a fantastic opportunity to showcase Maori and other Pacific cultures to a massive American audience," Smith says. "It is an audience, which to be fair, is largely unaware of the rich cultural landscape within the first nations inhabitants of the Pacific."

Kiwis help launch Universal Studios latest theme park Volcano Bay | Stuff.co.nz

Orlando Informer has a good review that answers a few of the questions that have been popping up. Concerning views or noise from I4 they said you don't really hear anything and the only time you can see I4 is when you climb to the top of one of the slide groupings (I would also guess that when the park is packed with people, for sure you're not hearing anything). They also said the park is well detailed and beautiful like Hogsmeade, Diagon & Pandora. And they praised the food, and choices.
Remember this is from a guy staying in the Presidential suite at Sapphire. I like Taylor but he does know which side his bread is buttered on.

Staying at CBBR at mo and tried the walk path to park last night. Bumped into a senior Orlando employee who we got talking too. He said that will be letting people in from 730 this morning for the opening ceremony etc. Not sure how many people know is open this early today. Walk way from CBBR make it further attractive to stay here. Can't wait to check this out today

So I'm kinda at Volcano Bay I'm stuck in the parking Garage. Unfortunately I don't have a 3 park pass so i wasn't able to sign up for the Grand Opening Ceremony. But I'm still going to have an awesome day today with my express pass:)

So I'm kinda at Volcano Bay I'm stuck in the parking Garage. Unfortunately I don't have a 3 park pass so i wasn't able to sign up for the Grand Opening Ceremony. But I'm still going to have an awesome day today with my express pass:)
Are you going to upgrade?
I'm waiting to see if it's worth it. I have a premier pass soo it's a bit steep currently.