Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Volcano Bay: General Discussion

I've been fairly quiet about my trip on here as it's mostly bad.

Even though I was staying in the CBBR tower for 10 days and it wasn't even 100 steps to get into VB, I went once for about 2 hours.

It was a 255min wait for Krakatau. After an hour, I gave up and went one of the slides after waiting 40mins. I then had a disappointing hot dog and left.

The TapuTapu system simply doesn't work when it's that busy.

Man, that's a sad little hot dog.

I’ve had mostly great times at Volcano bay. I will say that last I was there half the restaurants/ bars were closed which made long lines. Didn’t love that. Booked a cabana for the first time for the next trip in September, so excited to find out if it’s worth it.
September is a way better time to visit VB

Yet again, run amusement parks/water parks like amusement parks/water parks! Don't get cute! I hope Universal doesn't get lured into the SWGS gambit.

I wonder how much Tom William and/or Bill Davis was a proponent of VL...
I recall a couple of insiders saying Davis was a driving force behind the virtual line bands for VB back when the park opened, and after, when they weren't very effective and confused guests. And that he was stubborn
about sticking with them. It will be curious to see if K. Irwin changes course.....and, in a related manner, there was that comment from the ex Disney creative that did Fallon, that the VL was going to be a prominent feature at Universal. And, that's the same time they were testing VL on Shrek & DM, unsuccessfully....I'm glad that concept has seemed to fade. Pain in the butt. It's even far removed from Hagrids even though the lines are long with the rumored problem with the drop track.

Volcano Bay won't work without taputapu, it was designed for it.

I also went to Volcano Bay last night and finally was able to get a night ride on the aqua coaster. I would def recommend trying to ride it at night if it's possible because it was amazing.

I believe with the Cabana's you can buzz in to any ride you want with the Tapu Tapu..so technically you'd be chilling in your Cabana while you wait lol

That's awesome. I'm excited to see how it works -- haven't been to a water park in forever so it'll be an entirely new experience all around

Bit the bullet and got a cabana for my first visit to Volcano Bay (a HHN/birthday trip). Is express necessary for a Friday in October? Spending the day there before HHN at night. Super excited!
From my experience of VB in the winter months, express isn’t necessary at all. You’ll only need it for the aqua coaster, which seems to still build up a small line even on slow days. You can also use your Tapu Tapu to place yourself in the queue from your cabana which is pretty awesome, but I’d imagine you won’t need to use it much as everything should be walk on.

While the luxury of booking rides from your cabana may be sparse, please take advantage of your cabana attendant bringing food & alcohol to your cabana. You’re going to have an amazing birthday!!

From my experience of VB in the winter months, express isn’t necessary at all. You’ll only need it for the aqua coaster, which seems to still build up a small line even on slow days. You can also use your Tapu Tapu to place yourself in the queue from your cabana which is pretty awesome, but I’d imagine you won’t need to use it much as everything should be walk on.

While the luxury of booking rides from your cabana may be sparse, please take advantage of your cabana attendant bringing food & alcohol to your cabana. You’re going to have an amazing birthday!!

Thanks so much!! Can't wait to check it out for the first time!

Stupid question, but -- do y'all wear shoes around the park like Keens or water shoes? Or is barefoot pretty much the norm?

Thanks so much!! Can't wait to check it out for the first time!

Stupid question, but -- do y'all wear shoes around the park like Keens or water shoes? Or is barefoot pretty much the norm?
Actually, not a stupid question at all, as I was surprised to find out VB has little cubbies at most attractions to place your flip flops or water shoes while you wait in line. As the poster above mentioned, barefoot is welcomed too. It’s nice to have options haha.

Question about the cabanas: do they change the price if you are buying the cabana day of vs ahead of time?

In 2019 the cabana I reserved day of was $150 cheaper than the one I just reserved today for next 11 days from now.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Question about the cabanas: do they change the price if you are buying the cabana day of vs ahead of time?

In 2019 the cabana I reserved day of was $150 cheaper than the one I just reserved today for next 11 days from now.

The prices were jacked, cabanas are popular

Hey lots of experience with Cabanas.

It's priced by day, and weekends can be vastly more expensive than weekdays. Additionally, they're targeting a top tier price point of $999 for standard cabanas during peak. The demand is absolutely there and even on slow days Cabanas often sell out. Their inventoried similarly to flights or hotel rooms in the sense that it is very dynamic, if the park is expecting soft attendance prices might even get lower closer to travel (never happens but could). So yeah, it has every thing to do with the fact that the park only has about 70 cabanas and even with the luxury price point it will sell out on any busy day.