Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Hagrid isn't part of early entry.

Feb 1 -2.
oh Thanks for the info! I just assumed. Good to know. What have the wait times been early in the morning? Or should we wait until evening?

Edit: IOA is listed as early entry on Feb 2nd but this does not include hagrid? Can we still get in the park early and wait until the line opens? sorry i'm so confused!

Last edited:
4 hours before the park closes...
If I have the same experience you guys will never hear the end of it. I apologize in advance. I’ve delayed making this trip 3 times to wait until all the “bugs” were worked out. Hoping today was a day of progress. It’s not supposed to get really cold again until Sunday night. So here’s hoping Saturday with clear skies and 70s is the golden ticket. Wish me luck!

When we where there for a week in November it was colder than this weekend's forecast and it was running flawlessly. You'll be fine.

oh Thanks for the info! I just assumed. Good to know. What have the wait times been early in the morning? Or should we wait until evening?

Edit: IOA is listed as early entry on Feb 2nd but this does not include hagrid? Can we still get in the park early and wait until the line opens? sorry i'm so confused!
After 12 is the best time

So had 2 friends with me who never been before. We waited about an hour (20 minutes downtime) get on the ride... cool, but no audio. So at unload I let them know and the guy was "wanna go again?"
Like, is this a trick question? LOL... some got to ride it again, this time with audio :)

This happened again with the same tm that pulled us out yesterday. So new tip. Gain enough weight where you can still fit but will get pulled out of the line and sent down to the front after getting the green light lol. Also very impressed with how quick the line was moving. We started well past the hut and still got on under an hour.

This happened to me (and my friend, but really only me). So when they asked me if I had ridden before I truthfully answered "No" (and continued in my mind "not today") for my first ride of the day. I was happy on the 2nd ride because we had missed the show on the ceiling when we rushed from the test seat to the boarding area. But after that first time (per day) I just couldn't do it again. In fact, towards the end of the trip my conscience was starting to bug me. Fortunately, we left before it could cause me to use my "broad shoulders" to my advantage. ;)

Last week, when I was there (13th-17th), the wait time at opening was 2+ hours. If you can be at the front of the line for rope drop then I'd do it first thing. If not, wait until afternoon. After the initial rush wait times were 60-90 minutes with a dip down to 45 minutes once or twice between 1-3PM. And I definitely recommend riding it at night. It is sooooo much fun at night.

We didn't even bother rope dropping anything except VooDoo Doughnuts. Then we calmly walked onto Hulk twice in a row and proceeded from there. We saved Hagrid for when the waits were 60 minutes or less. Over three days at IOA we rode it 5 times.

Wait time was 120 mins when i started In line. Took 90 mins with a 20 min delay. So maybe they were expecting it?

ride was fun. Not sure If it’s my favorite or not:

Yesterday's crowds were a 9 crowd level (Touring Plans) at both Universal and WDW Disney. That's core holiday level. Hagrids, with a 90 minute wait, is just about a bargain in that crowd atmosphere. Touring Plans was showing the ride was running 94% of the day with 6% downtime. This is a significantly larger crowd then Universal had for the Christian Rock Festival last year, and way larger than the crowds it attracted when it was in September. Universal must have gotten a significant overflow from the Disney crowds.

Yesterday's crowds were a 9 crowd level (Touring Plans) at both Universal and WDW Disney. That's core holiday level. Hagrids, with a 90 minute wait, is just about a bargain in that crowd atmosphere. Touring Plans was showing the ride was running 94% of the day with 6% downtime. This is a significantly larger crowd then Universal had for the Christian Rock Festival last year, and way larger than the crowds it attracted when it was in September. Universal must have gotten a significant overflow from the Disney crowds.

Yeah, Animal Kingdom was brutal yesterday. Pro-Bowl weekend effects?

Yeah, Animal Kingdom was brutal yesterday. Pro-Bowl weekend effects?
forgot about that. Yes, that may have been a contributor.

I don’t remember last year’s Pro Bowl making the park crowds that nuts (although this year the SB is 3 hours South). We did Rise on Friday morning and it was busier than opening Saturday. Seems like it was one of those freak weekends. I bet a big convention was in town, too.

I don’t remember last year’s Pro Bowl making the park crowds that nuts (although this year the SB is 3 hours South). We did Rise on Friday morning and it was busier than opening Saturday. Seems like it was one of those freak weekends. I bet a big convention was in town, too.
Maybe just a confluence, and perfect alignment, of all that stuff.. Amazing to see a whole day of Level 9 crowds at both resorts on a non Holiday weekend this time of year.

I know the NFL Players Association rented out IOA for a party, but that’s all I’ve heard about impact on parks (aside from the stuff going on at WWoS).