Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Waits and Uptime Reports - Hagrid’s Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Thursday and Friday (at Hollywood Studios and Epcot) didn't seem too bad (though a bit busier than I'm used to when I travel down here), but yesterday and today (at USF and Animal Kingdom) were busier than I've ever seen the parks before. My group was ultimately able to navigate around fine, and didn't miss anything we wanted to see, but it was striking.

I'm hoping tomorrow (at Islands) and Tuesday (at Magic Kingdom) ease up a bit.

As @belloq87 mentioned in the review of his ride, the ride was delayed for some time this afternoon. However, by the time DH and I arrived to the park, it was operational again with a 75-minute wait. Got into the queue around 5:40 PM.

We found that the wait time was pretty accurate - it was close to 7:00 PM when we exited. Fantastic night ride, btw.

I am just over a week away from trying to ride this coaster. I am hopeful that the line moves like you guys have said. I'm pretty darned excited as I love IoA already and now another great ride.

How early does one need to arrive these days to attempt a rope drop for the ride / do they typically inform those waiting if the ride isn't going to open with the park?

How early does one need to arrive these days to attempt a rope drop for the ride / do they typically inform those waiting if the ride isn't going to open with the park?

We got to the gate right at about 8am, and there were maybe 30 people (in total, at all stations) waiting at the turnstiles before us. I'd estimate the area between the ticket booths and the turnstiles became crowded by 8:25. We walked quickly to the attraction once we were allowed, spent a couple minutes with the lockers, and were on the ride within probably 10 minutes of crossing the threshold.

How representative of a typical morning all that is, I can't say!

Thursday and Friday (at Hollywood Studios and Epcot) didn't seem too bad (though a bit busier than I'm used to when I travel down here), but yesterday and today (at USF and Animal Kingdom) were busier than I've ever seen the parks before. My group was ultimately able to navigate around fine, and didn't miss anything we wanted to see, but it was striking.

I'm hoping tomorrow (at Islands) and Tuesday (at Magic Kingdom) ease up a bit.
Yesterday was busy at USF as it was a 9pm closure squished in between two 6pm closures due to RTU and a park buyout.

I feel like the pro bowl is having a much bigger effect due to people traveling to the state for the Super Bowl being in Miami. If you can afford SB tickets, you’ve likely got the money for a week long Florida trip prior to the game that started with the Pro Bowl (which was sold out this year - prior years attendance was sparse).

Hagrid's has been closed all day. Any idea on what's up?

the ride is unreliable. That's what's up. It's sad they are still having such issues 6+ months after opening.
When I was there last weekend the ride was closed most of Sunday Morning. Thankfully I was able to ride on Saturday, after only a 20 minute delay.
The line on Sunday backed up to Seuss Landing at opening.
It's a mess.
I waited about 90 mins total, and I was ok with that. Feel for anyone that has to wait longer. We really wanted a "night ride", but they were at a 150 min wait at 5pm. We went on Hulk instead.

Rode three times in 90 minutes on Weds. Jan. 29th...and stopped by for a ride on Thursday, wait listed as 60, actual 40 on Thurs......All times the sweet spot, namely early afternoon.

Three times in ninety minutes?! How!

Three times in ninety minutes?! How!
The line was moving that fast. When there's no breakdowns , the line moves very quickly. Awesome capacity when things go smooth. Guess they had max cars running. The queue went back to Hagrid's hut outside. Listed at 60 minutes, but I was getting off in 25 to 35 minutes and popping right back in line. And, they were running the full preshow closing the doors. The loaders were loading so quickly the counters couldn't keep up with them and the loaders had us rushing (running) to the coaster cars so they could launch.....Loved being able to do a new E ticket this way. AWESOME. I'll do a full review on the review thread now that I have a total of six rides in on two vacations.....Is it the best attraction in Universal Orlando to me? No. But I'm not a big coaster fan. For a coaster fan, though, it may well be. Love those launches, especially the last one. It's top three or four Universal for me though....and....I did the regular line, not single rider.

Last edited: