WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

WDW Resorts - Update & Rumor Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Hoping D'Maro is "one of the good ones" and was only being hampered/overruled by Chapek's demands for increased revenue/yield, etc.

Most of the decisions were made by Chapek, not Iger when he was head of the parks.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Hoping D'Maro is "one of the good ones" and was only being hampered/overruled by Chapek's demands for increased revenue/yield, etc.

Most of the decisions were made by Chapek, not Iger when he was head of the parks.
Yes .Iger's management style was generally delegation of authority. Most of the bad stuff happened when Chapek was appointed head of the Parks division.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
A real estate blogger said that the Epcot hotel permit had been refreshed today. Does anyone know if that is real? $50-75M budget with sitework underway and possible verticle construction in 30 days. Start date is 5/1/2023 and is by Buena Vista Construction. Project Type is Swimming Pool, Miscellaneous Recreation, and Hotel.

Reactions: SeventyOne
A real estate blogger said that the Epcot hotel permit had been refreshed today. Does anyone know if that is real? $50-75M budget with sitework underway and possible verticle construction in 30 days. Start date is 5/1/2023 and is by Buena Vista Construction. Project Type is Swimming Pool, Miscellaneous Recreation, and Hotel.

Ooooooooo.

Links, or it didn't happen.

The bigger news I took away from that video I guess is about the Fort Wilderness Cabins. Are they doing that on the former River Country Land?

The bigger news I took away from that video I guess is about the Fort Wilderness Cabins. Are they doing that on the former River Country Land?

I thought that they were converting the cabins to DVC cabins.

Per WDWMagic it is "redeveloping the cabins":
The planned cabins are part of a collection of improvement projects underway at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, including proposed pool and walking trail enhancements as well as new expanded dining experiences at Trail's End Restaurant and Crockett's Tavern, with more news to come.

The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort – A Disney Vacation Club Resort is planned to open at Walt Disney World in 2024 Disney says that additional information regarding project details, the start of sales and rental bookings will be released at a later date.

I thought that they were converting the cabins to DVC cabins.

Per WDWMagic it is "redeveloping the cabins":
The planned cabins are part of a collection of improvement projects underway at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground, including proposed pool and walking trail enhancements as well as new expanded dining experiences at Trail's End Restaurant and Crockett's Tavern, with more news to come.

The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort – A Disney Vacation Club Resort is planned to open at Walt Disney World in 2024 Disney says that additional information regarding project details, the start of sales and rental bookings will be released at a later date.
I guess those will be quick to convert, probably popular to buy, and at the very least, it keeps Trail's End around which was looking like it was going to be gone for good. It also allows them a 2024 DVC resort because of course they always need to be selling DVC. Their DVC this year is in California with the expansion of the Disneyland Hotel, opening in September.

There is some clearing work happening just behind the bus loop, in addition to the pickup area being worked on as well. Thought it was just storage for other Epcot projects, but I guess this is finally happening now. Shocked it took this long for Disney to build new hotels directly adjacent to park entrances.

Any thought to them rushing some construction projects like this with the potential RCID problems on the horizon, or has that ship sailed?

There's been a lot of work around the area behind The Seas in the past few weeks, so the idea they may be breaking ground on the EPCOT hotel makes sense.

There is some clearing work happening just behind the bus loop, in addition to the pickup area being worked on as well. Thought it was just storage for other Epcot projects, but I guess this is finally happening now. Shocked it took this long for Disney to build new hotels directly adjacent to park entrances.
Bio has been reporting on that for awhile so as soon as I heard this that's where I pictured it.