What Does IOA Need? | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

What Does IOA Need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What Does IOA Need?

• IOA is amazing! They don't need to change anything!

Votes: 16 13.8%
  • IOA is fun the way it is,I wouldn't mind if tweaked it.

Votes: 74 63.8%
  • IOA definitely needs to change. But I still love it.

Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Meh.

Votes: 3 2.6%

• Total voters
This? I doubt they would remove the pool behind JPRA. The lot behind Tunder Falls doesn't seem big enough for a E-ticket involving jeeps.

in6VgISdFVmtn.png

Wouldn't need to. That plot without the pond is almost the same size as the FJ plot. Depending on how they would set it up, it would be 50-100 feet smaller of a perimeter for the ride there.

Last edited:
Jurassic Park is my favorite island by far. I'd be so excited if It had a brand new attraction based around the "jeeps" (which are Ford Explorers in the movie). It's such a huge immersive area that could be a lot better than it is. I want to be immersed and put in that environment. which is why i almost always eat at burger digs when im at IOA. I'm so bummed out with Triceratops. I've seen it open once in the past year but the queue wasn't open which was very disappointing.

Well Universal finally realized that SS44 either had to be used or it had to go. That's what they need to do with Triceratops Encounter. If they're not using the attraction, then get rid of it. It's a nice area, and it should be put to good use. Now I don't think the Jeep ride can happen unless the replace JPRA, but they need to add not replace. So when the time comes, and they probably know it by now, it's time to get rid of TE, unless they have other plans.

islands of adventure for all purposes can be put on hold until after the massive rehaul of universal is over..but once that happens i agree, i would love to see a jeep ride in jurassic as it is too my favorite section..besides that, the park is great and honestly has become the best park in orlando in my opinion

Well Universal finally realized that SS44 either had to be used or it had to go. That's what they need to do with Triceratops Encounter. If they're not using the attraction, then get rid of it. It's a nice area, and it should be put to good use. Now I don't think the Jeep ride can happen unless the replace JPRA, but they need to add not replace. So when the time comes, and they probably know it by now, it's time to get rid of TE, unless they have other plans.

well we saw how long it took them to do something with SS44. it's been empty almost as long as IOA has been open. I think they'll keep pushing it off for a while. at least until WWoHP pt2 is finished.

islands of adventure for all purposes can be put on hold until after the massive rehaul of universal is over..but once that happens i agree, i would love to see a jeep ride in jurassic as it is too my favorite section..besides that, the park is great and honestly has become the best park in orlando in my opinion

I totally agree. It's my favorite theme park in Orlando, heck it's my favorite anywhere. But I think they can build a new ride or attraction to IOA during the Studios rehaul. Think about it. While IOA was busy working on Potter from 2007-2010, the Studios got four new attractions. Disaster, the Simpsons ride, the Hollywood Bowl concert venue, and Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit. Plus, as they have made plans for Potter 2.0, they had all of the 2012 additions. So if they want to add something to IOA for 2014 or 2015, they can definitely get it done with all the Potter mumbo jumbo.

The Jeep attraction, at least from the concept art, probably will not happen.

1. IOA's JP (Isla Nublar?) is supposed to be the successful iteration of Jurassic Park. John Hammond got it right this time. Save JPRA, the island is disaster-free. Check out 1999 promotional video to hear Mark Woodbury say it himself.

2. Gary Goddard said that instead of building the Jeep attraction from the movie, they went with the boat attraction from the book. Boat attraction was made for USH, boat attraction was designed for USF (where MIB is now), so IOA gets boat attraction. JPRA replaced the Jeep concept.

3. Look at the Jeep concept. Really follow the storyline. Under the ultrasaurus, go by the stegosaurus, attacked by raptors on both sides...It's the same ride as JPRA, but in a Jeep.

Never say never in this industry, but I really doubt it, guys.

Last edited:
If they were to do it, I would imagine it be like the Kilimanjaro Safari vehicles but on a track (and some dinos thrown around the area for good measure).