What does Jurassic Park need? | Page 24 | Inside Universal Forums

What does Jurassic Park need?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don't know any specifics. Just a rumor that I have heard is being considered. Oh, but what I did hear about it is that they origianlly wanted a full blown woodie there, but have decided that something more family friendly would be more prudent.

Would've loved the woodie, but they definitely made the right decision for the resort. If this indeed does happen.

I've thought for a long time now that the perfect attraction for the area would be very similar to the old Alien Encounter attraction at Magic Kingdom. Just change from an alien on the loose to 2 or 3 velociraptors, and you're basically done. Not only would the attraction itself fit the space constraints of the island, it could also be a thrills-boost to the island without compromising the theming of the place. As much fun as a woodie would be, I feel like it'd be out of place.

It's even pretty easy to think of a respectable plotline -- remember the tour of the facilities that Dr. Hammond took his guests on in the movie? Everyone got in stadium seating and (after that intro with the talking DNA strand) they moved around the hatchery, etc. Universal could put guests on the same ride. Obviously, power would go out at some point, mayhem ensues....you get the picture.

I've thought for a long time now that the perfect attraction for the area would be very similar to the old Alien Encounter attraction at Magic Kingdom. Just change from an alien on the loose to 2 or 3 velociraptors, and you're basically done. Not only would the attraction itself fit the space constraints of the island, it could also be a thrills-boost to the island without compromising the theming of the place. As much fun as a woodie would be, I feel like it'd be out of place.

It's even pretty easy to think of a respectable plotline -- remember the tour of the facilities that Dr. Hammond took his guests on in the movie? Everyone got in stadium seating and (after that intro with the talking DNA strand) they moved around the hatchery, etc. Universal could put guests on the same ride. Obviously, power would go out at some point, mayhem ensues....you get the picture.

I've thought the same for YEARS but unfortunately, as Disney learned with AE, it's not as family friendly as they thought.

I've always thought that could've worked with the ride system working similar to Carousel of Progress, especially if they fit it into bottom floor of the Discovery Center.

I do like the mine train coaster rumor, though. Maybe not as cool as the ride from the movie, but it's still an interesting concept. I don't really get where/how scary dinosaurs are going to come into play with the amber mines, though.

I've always thought it would be a cool idea to revamp Triceratops Encounter by adding other dinosaurs in there, wasn't that the original plan? I remember seeing a piece of concept art that included a attraction called "Dinosaur Encounter" that would have featured other interactive Dino animatronics instead of only just a Triceratops.

Doing more of that would be awesome. The full Triceritops Discovery trail included that concept in a variety of ways that was really clever than just "oh another Animatronic" At one point in the queue trail there was an outpost station that had an actor telling you about all the tracking devices they use at Jurassic Park as well as locators. He turned on a computer or rather, seemed to and a visual came in on the monitors. He explained that he had a certain species tracked and all of a sudden the POV started looking like a fast pace run through tall fields. He then started mentioning facts about that type of Dino.

I thought it was awesome and it helped the area really feel like Jurassic Park.

^ It would be a cool experience for hardcore fans as well as theme park dorks like me but the trail and other ideas of walkthroughs in JP won't bring in the people. Another ride or in this case a family coaster may not be a HUGE attendance factor but would certainly be a better reason for people to visit than a new or upgraded walk through. Unless of course your walk through was themed to Mr Potter.

Doing more of that would be awesome. The full Triceritops Discovery trail included that concept in a variety of ways that was really clever than just "oh another Animatronic" At one point in the queue trail there was an outpost station that had an actor telling you about all the tracking devices they use at Jurassic Park as well as locators. He turned on a computer or rather, seemed to and a visual came in on the monitors. He explained that he had a certain species tracked and all of a sudden the POV started looking like a fast pace run through tall fields. He then started mentioning facts about that type of Dino.

I thought it was awesome and it helped the area really feel like Jurassic Park.

Maybe they can re-do the center overhang / dividing area to provide that experience. The in the "waiting zone" right before you enter, you can read the same health information for all dinos in the pens along with some other techical health stuff like racks of information, esc....

So Universal really is becoming Disney. Universal builds Studios, Disney builds DHS. Disney builds mine train ride, Universal builds mine train ride :lol:

So Universal really is becoming Disney. Universal builds Studios, Disney builds DHS. Disney builds mine train ride, Universal builds mine train ride :lol:

As I have said, the irony. And if Uni builds it faster, cheaper and it turns out 50% better than Disney's concoction it will be a hoot! Now I find it kind of hard to believe this is in the plans, however, I can make it work in my brain... I would have it empty through a gift shop and into Camp Jurassic. I don't feel CJ is as well attended by guests as it should be.

as i have said, the irony. And if uni builds it faster, cheaper and it turns out 50% better than disney's concoction it will be a hoot! Now i find it kind of hard to believe this is in the plans, however, i can make it work in my brain... I would have it empty through a gift shop and into camp jurassic. i don't feel cj is as well attended by guests as it should be.

Agreed.

So it'll be a mine train ride with absolutely no story, other than the fact that it passes by some amber? No thank you.

I think there is quite a bit of backstory concerning Amber and the creation of Jurassic Park. Now what is the in depth storytelling that Disney is going to include in their mine train coaster?

So it'll be a mine train ride with absolutely no story, other than the fact that it passes by some amber? No thank you.

"Story": The most overrated aspect of theme park attractions

Seriously. Who cares what kind of story there is if there are compelling things to look at? Big Thunder is a runaway train through a flooded out mine. Not all that terrific of a story. But it's got cool things to look at. The Dwarfs mine train is just a ride through a diamond mine. I take it you say no thank you to that, right?

"Story": The most overrated aspect of theme park attractions

Seriously. Who cares what kind of story there is if there are compelling things to look at? Big Thunder is a runaway train through a flooded out mine. Not all that terrific of a story. But it's got cool things to look at. The Dwarfs mine train is just a ride through a diamond mine. I take it you say no thank you to that, right?

Agreed. Not all attractions need to have a flushed out story. As long as there is a theme, and there is some semblence of a story; I'm game.

I know we already have the Pteradon Flyers, but I think a Pteradon-themed wingrider or flying coaster would be a great addition. The ride/queue could be themed to the giant pteradon aviary in JP3.

Now that would be utterly epic, you've got my vote :lol: Wouldn't really like it unless it was landscaped so the highest points only just peeked over the trees though, it wouldn't look nice if it dominated. With the right terraforming you could probably get away with about 100-110'.

Last edited: