What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite on-site Universal hotel?

What is your favorite Universal on-site hotel?

• Total voters
Dec 19, 2011
North Carolina
I'm trying to schedule my vacation next month (a sudden opportunity arose and I'm taking it) and need some opinions. I will be staying at one of the Loews hotels, but I can't decide on which one. I have stayed at Royal Pacific and was very impressed. However, I can't decide if I want to stay there again or try the Hard Rock (I'm avoiding Portofino Bay because of the higher price range; Hard Rock is pushing my limit…). In your opinion, where would you stay? Also, if if affects your choice I will be there for a total of 4 nights.

I have only stayed at the RP, its the cheapest and I only need a place to sleep and shower, don't care about overpriced restaurants or their pools.

When you stay onsite you can use any of the pools I have stayed at all 3 and all are very good .Different theme's but all are good.If it were me and I had only done RP I would try Hard Rock next (i stayed RP,HR,PB in that order cheapest to most expensive)
if the difference is only 10 bucks a night (the difference with an AP )

Kevin38

Just got back from a weekend at Hard Rock. Stayed there last time too. It is fantastic. Love The Kitchen breakfast buffet and the pool side bar is fun, but very expensive. Brett Michaels did a Velvet Session concert there and my brothers wandered into the after party at the Velvet Bar. If he was supposed to be sober, he's apparently failing at it. :lol:

I've only stayed at Royal Pacific and Portofino. Either one is phenomenal and I would rather stay at either of these instead of any Disney Resort outside of Bay Lake Tower. Really want to stay there for some reason.

I've only stayed at Royal Pacific and Portofino. Either one is phenomenal and I would rather stay at either of these instead of any Disney Resort outside of Bay Lake Tower. Really want to stay there for some reason.

Is the reason so you can get some great shots of MK and Wishes from up in BL :lol:

On a side note, am I the only one who saves all my room keys and park tickets from over the years, mostly save the onsite but do have some from off site also? I have ton of them lol

Portifino is a lot of walking, Hardrock is just plain, Royal Pacific is the best onsite resort i believe, i love the vegetation on the walk way to the water taxi. i also like the fact that you can walk to city walk, the dining at all 3 hotels are just average. though the chop shop by emril is good is very pricy. my favorite pool is the royal pacific, love the spas with all the foliage surrounding them, and the lemon water with the amazing southeast asian garden decor. amazing pool area in the little details.

Stayed at Portofino in 2010. Saying I loved it might be an understatement. We rarely left Portofino except to eat. We might have went to Universal once that whole stay.

I've stayed at all 3 a few times and my favorite is still Royal Pacific. It just feels like my home away from home now.

Thanks guys! The date of my trip has actually been moved up. I will be going week after next instead and staying at Portofino Bay because of the wonderful things I'm hearing… I hope I like it as much as you all say I will! Thanks again!

I stayed at Portofino recently and it's my new favorite of the three on-site resorts. I've actually seen rates for it lower than what Hard Rock has been going for.

What's your favorite hotel off the three Universal hotels and why? My family has stayed at Hard Rock 7 times, but never anywhere else because we were so impressed with HR the first time. But I'm ready for a change.

Opinion?

Portofino--a little bit far away but the isolation adds to the immersion. By far the nicest hotel on property and definitely the most beautiful. The theming is also top-notch, and the dining is phenomenal. Also, I have so many great memories there, but I think everyone can still agree that this is definitely a great and beautiful luxurious hotel, which is great to come home to after a long day in the parks.

Hard Rock is also great, and I have nothing but good things to say about it. I've never stayed at the RPR because the rooms are supposedly smaller, but I've also heard that's nice. But definitely give Portofino a whirl.