What is your favorite on-site Universal hotel? | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

What is your favorite on-site Universal hotel?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What is your favorite Universal on-site hotel?

• Total voters
Royal Pacific is our favorite, only stayed at the HRH once, it was ok. Never had stayed at the PBH
but do go to the pool and Sals pizza(very good). No matter where you stay you can spend the day
any of the resorts pools.

Portofino. It's like an escape to the Italian Riveria. As Tyler said, it's complete immersion. It's so relaxing, quiet, low key and luxurious, it's often hard to leave to go to the parks. The standard rooms are huge and beautiful. The bathroom alone is nearly the size of a Motel 6 room. It's great for the wife or GF since its the ultimate in romanticism. Al fresco dining on the bay piazza with the Italian singers on the overlooking balcony is an absolute moment in time. Plus, there's beautiful hidden piazza's throughout the resort. The sand beach pool with the waterslide through a ruined Roman aquaduct is great for the family. And the formal pool is quiet and relaxing, especially for adults. There's a third smaller pool, but we've never used it. Restaurants & bars are all excellent, though basically limited to Italian food, of course. We've always found the staff to be very helpful & courteous. They often use Italian words or phrases which enhances the ambiance. I've been to a lot of high end hotel resorts during my life, but this is my favorite. The only drawback is that it may be too low key for children. Hard Rock & Royal Pacific might be better alternatives for adults with children.

I've always had trouble choosing between the Portofino Bay Hotel and Royal Pacific Resort. I have stayed at all three multiple times, and while the Hard Rock Hotel is also great, I don't get the laid back vacation feel that I prefer on my getaways. The Portofino Bay is obviously beautiful, and I love looking out of my hotel room window and seeing the harbor. The amenities and restaurants are great, too. On the other hand, I always feel more laid back at the Royal Pacific, and if you get the right room, you can see IOA from your window. Like I said, it's hard to choose.

Hard Rock was my favorite, Im a big fan of music and just love the decor and vibe the hotel has. But like OF its been a while also, 2009 was the last time for me onsite.

I've stayed at all 3, most recently Royal Pacific this past christmas. I love portofino...even though it is a bit more pricey. I do love the relaxed feeling I get at Royal Too..

Cant stand Hard Rock. It was fun, but I also felt that there was too much going on, music was too loud.

I've only ever stayed at Portofino for one night and it was pretty awesome. I thought the theming was incredible and we just had a really great day/night there. I didn't want to leave.

I'm going to stay at the Hard Rock for one night in a few weeks for my birthday so I'm excited to experience that. I always thought Hard Rock would be my favorite, so we'll see!

Royal Pacific is my favourite and staying on the club level is great with the extra benefits. Also stayed at HRH a good few years back and was impressed by the atmosphere.

Favorite so far is Royal Pacific. We'll be staying at Portofino Bay this summer for the 1st time. We switched from Hard Rock due to a great Passholder rate. Although, I am a bit apprehensive about the longer walk to the parks.

The walk is much longer, but extremely enjoyable. The boat ride, though, is absolutely fantastic. Nice length & beautiful views of Portofino Bay as you enter & exit.....Pools are fantastic. And make sure you spend plenty of leisure, drinking & dining time on the harbor piazza, it just doesn't get better. Your lady will be grateful for this booking. Women love Portofino.

Royal Pacific is the closest park to IOA, Hard Rock closest park to USF. Portofino is on the other side of the Hard Rock furthest from both parks. But it is by far worth it.

I've stayed at RP several times for Potter fan conventions. Beautiful hotel and perfect for convention goers. Portifino knocks every resort out of the water with its theming, but I've found myself lost several times trying to navigate around the place. No matter which hotel you pick - make sure to make a pitstop at the Publix on Kirkman just down the road because resort food costs are astronomical!

I've stayed at Portofino and absolutely loved my stay. I've hung out at Hard Rock multiple times and plan on staying there in October. I love Velvet and love their $5.75 happy hour.

I've only stayed at the Hard Rock and honestly, it's probably the only one I'd stay at preferably. Love the atmosphere, music, my type of place.

I think LPB is amazing. The theming the little ice cream shop,
The pizza restruant etc... It seems like you are in a different world.
Royal Pacific has a better pool for kids and a few hot tubs and a nice pool side bar

So -I'm tied-

Hard Rock hands down. It is the closest resort, awesome restaurant, AMAZING pool and a the best place for theming.

I've stayed at all three, and I honestly find the Royal Pacific to be my favorite. I love the theme and feel of this resort; it's just relaxing and what I look for in a hotel. For me personally, after a full day of excitement at the parks and CityWalk, I want to go to the hotel and just relax away. It's also great that this is usually the least expensive of the three, but regardless of that, it's still my favorite.

I think the other two are also great and beautiful, and they have some cool and unique features to them, but I just can't find the same relaxing feel and other-worldliness that I get from the RPR. If I had to describe each with a single word, I'd say:
Hard Rock - exciting
Portofino - elegant
Royal Pacific - soothing