What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I personally love the theme and scenery incorporated into Manta, Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse. The water features on Manta and Cheetah are one of my favorite parts of the rides, and even though it's scenery, I consider it to definitely be part of the theme. I would love something with a Taron type theme and I think Hyena's would be a great choice too. Right now, the Hyena's share the exhibit with the lions, taking turns in different habitats. They could always give them their own exhibit with the ride.

I also think a good idea for a giga would be a Silverback. I read a while back, can't remember where, that this was a rumor for BGT. I think the que would be cool to have a gorilla's in the mist type feel. When you walk through the gorilla/chimp exhibit, there are already misters, so that would be any easy, but scenic que. Plus a great way to keep cool in the que. They could finally redo the front of the park. Get rid of Zagora Cafe and build a new restaurant nearby. They could move the gator exhibit too so the entrance could be near the Myombe Reserve entrance. It would be a lot though, but that's just my thoughts on what I'd like to see.

Reactions: MontuBGT
I personally love the theme and scenery incorporated into Manta, Cheetah Hunt and Cobra's Curse. The water features on Manta and Cheetah are one of my favorite parts of the rides, and even though it's scenery, I consider it to definitely be part of the theme. I would love something with a Taron type theme and I think Hyena's would be a great choice too. Right now, the Hyena's share the exhibit with the lions, taking turns in different habitats. They could always give them their own exhibit with the ride.

I also think a good idea for a giga would be a Silverback. I read a while back, can't remember where, that this was a rumor for BGT. I think the que would be cool to have a gorilla's in the mist type feel. When you walk through the gorilla/chimp exhibit, there are already misters, so that would be any easy, but scenic que. Plus a great way to keep cool in the que. They could finally redo the front of the park. Get rid of Zagora Cafe and build a new restaurant nearby. They could move the gator exhibit too so the entrance could be near the Myombe Reserve entrance. It would be a lot though, but that's just my thoughts on what I'd like to see.
Great ideas. Scenery IS definitely part of the ride experience. I do like your idea with the Zagora cafe. That thing needs either remodeling or to get replaced. Myombe reserve could definitely be part of a queue for a great ride. Thanks for agreeing on the hyena idea. I thought they should probably be separated from the lion's (especially since what happened in lion king). Like I said great ideas.

Reactions: Kumba's Roar
Great ideas. Scenery IS definitely part of the ride experience. I do like your idea with the Zagora cafe. That thing needs either remodeling or to get replaced. Myombe reserve could definitely be part of a queue for a great ride. Thanks for agreeing on the hyena idea. I thought they should probably be separated from the lion's (especially since what happened in lion king). Like I said great ideas.
Haha yeah, Hyenas and Lions sound like a no go! It would be cool to give the Hyenas an elephant graveyard type feel, without the whole graveyard part...
Thanks! Yeah, I never go to Zagora and I think it's one of the eye sores in the park. Plus, it's outside. I think they need an indoor restaurant on that side of the park. I hate eating outside as it is, but with the Florida weather, it is much less appealing.

Hmm I wonder if BGT is looking at this stuff. That would be cool giving them ideas.
I think about that all the time! They should. Even if they don't use ideas that guests come up with, it's a great way to come up with new ideas and to see what they want. They can always incorporate ideas if they fit with what they are working on.

I think about that all the time! They should. Even if they don't use ideas that guests come up with, it's a great way to come up with new ideas and to see what they want. They can always incorporate ideas if they fit with what they are working on.
Yes definitely!

Haha yeah, Hyenas and Lions sound like a no go! It would be cool to give the Hyenas an elephant graveyard type feel, without the whole graveyard part...
Thanks! Yeah, I never go to Zagora and I think it's one of the eye sores in the park. Plus, it's outside. I think they need an indoor restaurant on that side of the park. I hate eating outside as it is, but with the Florida weather, it is much less appealing.
Yes, Zagora definitely is one of the overlooked things in the park. Maybe they will do something good with it in the future...........

Zagora is also one of the park's oldest buildings at this point, predating the park charging an entrance fee. It was basically the food stand on the edge of the parking lot before they really turned it into a theme park.

Zagora is also one of the park's oldest buildings at this point, predating the park charging an entrance fee. It was basically the food stand on the edge of the parking lot before they really turned it into a theme park.
True. Still would like for them to igliest do some remodeling to the old thing.

Just because they haven't doesn't mean that they won't. Also, they could always do things like they did with Cheetah Hunt where it utilizes existing scenery. There's still quite a bit of existing scenery from Tidal Wave (that was reused from when it was the African Queen boat ride). They have a LONG history of reusing buildings and other things like that.

As much as I want theming, Sea World CEO has stated that future coasters with minimal theme will do the job.

As much as I want theming, Sea World CEO has stated that future coasters with minimal theme will do the job.
Yes, and they consider Cobra's Curse "minimally themed", which is still more theming than any Six Flags coaster. They will never do Disney or Universal level theming, but it's still more than most parks do.

Yes, and they consider Cobra's Curse "minimally themed", which is still more theming than any Six Flags coaster. They will never do Disney or Universal level theming, but it's still more than most parks do.
Yeah, but hopefully the next coaster BGT builds will put theming in it again like Cobras Curse.

I believe it will as the new team in place has been very clear about theming experiences

That's good to hear. An attraction doesn't need to have Universal or Disney levels of scenery to at least fit in its area and have a sense of place. Montu is a good example of a coaster that has minimal actual theming, but still has a sense of placement which adds to the experience.

However, I personally wouldn't expect any Cobra's Curse level queues or story on the park's coming attractions. Unless they were to incorporate the queue directly into an existing exhibit (ie Myombe reserve), my money is on the Mako queue being the new standard. A few theme elements here and there in the queue and station, but nothing to Manta or Cobra's Curse levels.