What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
While I agree it's sad to lose it, it's been running for how many years now? And the costumes needed to be replaced last time I saw it, so it needed to have money spent on it or needed to be replaced by something else. It probably makes more sense to spend the money on other things. The add other streetmosphere type things with each new addition.
That's just the issue...They basically have no streetmosphere right now...They got rid of the marching band and now the Jungala creatures..

This is very reminiscent of 2007-08 Universal

I see stilt walkers and other random street characters and Sesame in the park every time I go. With the financial situation the company is in, every thing has to make money in some way. The streetmosphere is always setup where the cameras are to sell pictures.

Reactions: MontuBGT
I just went to BGT yesterday and today and I have seen some updates. Sand Serpent was down and so was Stanley Falls. Not sure if Stanley Falls is being remodeled or not, but Sand Serpent is definitely being maintenanced on. If Stanley Falls were to be taken out wouldn't that make a bunch of sense (sarcasm). With Tidal Wave being closed for a while now and Congo being closed to be checked on, (it's up and running now) how exactly would that impact the crowd? I mean, if you think about it, there only really is TWO water rides left (unless they really do decide to shut down Stanley Falls). But what could they do with that space? If they do take it out and decide what to put there as a replacement maybe they could add another coaster. Maybe have it as the same theming as Stanley Falls (Water fall) but it be a GOOD coaster. Maybe get wet on it a little. Another thing I noticed (and I knew it had already happened) was Jambo Junction and Curiosity Caverns were gone. I hadn't been there since the Christmas decorations were up and they already closed Curiosity Caverns. There's ANOTHER area with nothing. I also rode the Sky Ride and kept an eye out near the Nairobi area (mostly to see if they're actually going to do something with old Rhino Rally) and they really do have space for at least a family coaster. It could be maybe even just a kiddie coaster for all I care, but they need a coaster in that area. They have coasters in all the areas EXCEPT Nairobi (and of course Morroco but that's something I'll talk about in a minute). They do really need something in that area to draw in crowds because believe me, the animal care center definitely isn't. The last time I have seen a bunch of people in there, was when it was storming outside and the people in the Nairobi area couldn't go anywhere else. Gwazi. Oooooh Gwazi, what are they going to do to with you? Apparently they are going to take it down (probably bulldoze) at the end of the summer. Right when the summer crowd starts to fade away. Great idea BGT, great idea. If you didn't know, they actually took some prices of Gwazi and gave it to BGW for they're new wooden ride, Invadr. I really do hope they take it down because awnestly, looking at that thing is pretty awful. The roof it tearing away and pretty soon, Gwazi's probably going to fall to the ground (which is exactly why people walk towards Cheetah Hunt, Cobras Curse, and Montu). But really it needs to be replaced. It has been sitting there for a couple years now. It was a fun ride back then but now it's just a lot of wood sitting there rotting.

Because demolition costs money too

Bingo, and I recall seeing here and there that BGT isn't doing any kind of demo until they're putting in whatever's replacing Gwazi.

Remember, BGT/Seaworld is not finacially healthy enough to demo something that big without putting in it's replacement right after.

Bingo, and I recall seeing here and there that BGT isn't doing any kind of demo until they're putting in whatever's replacing Gwazi.

Remember, BGT/Seaworld is not finacially healthy enough to demo something that big without putting in it's replacement right after.
True. So if they are taking it down when they said they will, maybe they will build something in its place.

I just went to BGT yesterday and today and I have seen some updates. Sand Serpent was down and so was Stanley Falls. Not sure if Stanley Falls is being remodeled or not, but Sand Serpent is definitely being maintenanced on. If Stanley Falls were to be taken out wouldn't that make a bunch of sense (sarcasm). With Tidal Wave being closed for a while now and Congo being closed to be checked on, (it's up and running now) how exactly would that impact the crowd? I mean, if you think about it, there only really is TWO water rides left (unless they really do decide to shut down Stanley Falls). But what could they do with that space? If they do take it out and decide what to put there as a replacement maybe they could add another coaster. Maybe have it as the same theming as Stanley Falls (Water fall) but it be a GOOD coaster. Maybe get wet on it a little. Another thing I noticed (and I knew it had already happened) was Jambo Junction and Curiosity Caverns were gone. I hadn't been there since the Christmas decorations were up and they already closed Curiosity Caverns. There's ANOTHER area with nothing. I also rode the Sky Ride and kept an eye out near the Nairobi area (mostly to see if they're actually going to do something with old Rhino Rally) and they really do have space for at least a family coaster. It could be maybe even just a kiddie coaster for all I care, but they need a coaster in that area. They have coasters in all the areas EXCEPT Nairobi (and of course Morroco but that's something I'll talk about in a minute). They do really need something in that area to draw in crowds because believe me, the animal care center definitely isn't. The last time I have seen a bunch of people in there, was when it was storming outside and the people in the Nairobi area couldn't go anywhere else. Gwazi. Oooooh Gwazi, what are they going to do to with you? Apparently they are going to take it down (probably bulldoze) at the end of the summer. Right when the summer crowd starts to fade away. Great idea BGT, great idea. If you didn't know, they actually took some prices of Gwazi and gave it to BGW for they're new wooden ride, Invadr. I really do hope they take it down because awnestly, looking at that thing is pretty awful. The roof it tearing away and pretty soon, Gwazi's probably going to fall to the ground (which is exactly why people walk towards Cheetah Hunt, Cobras Curse, and Montu). But really it needs to be replaced. It has been sitting there for a couple years now. It was a fun ride back then but now it's just a lot of wood sitting there rotting.

One other thing I forgot...If they could make Stanley Falls queue a virtual one that would be great..The slowest moving and most claustrophobic line of all time

True. So if they are taking it down when they said they will, maybe they will build something in its place.
Perhaps that is this year's announcement? Not saying I know anything just saying it is possible

What should they put in Gwazi's place? I think they should stay within the morroco barrier. Animals like hyenas or the lion theme again (except without the tiger part). What about Stanley Falls? If they do decide to take it out they should KEEP the name but make it a rollercoaster that goes in the area that regular Stanley Falls was in before but also have it go into the old Tidal Wave area as well. These are just my opinions on what they should do.......

Is SeaWorld Orlando building a new raft ride? | Blogs
Orlando Weekly said:
The roller coaster would be a Premier Rides Sky Rocket II. SeaWorld Parks is rumored to have purchased multiple versions of the Sky Rocket II. They opened their first at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in 2015, named Tempesto, with a second, named Electric Eel, planned for SeaWorld San Diego next year. The chances of one coming to Orlando next year are unlikely based on the much stronger rumors of one being planned for Busch Gardens Tampa for either 2018 or 2019
I haven't heard of this rumor anywhere but god I hope this is false.

Is SeaWorld Orlando building a new raft ride? | Blogs
I haven't heard of this rumor anywhere but god I hope this is false.
Well never seen that coming. The only thing I thought was good was BGT getting a new ride in 2018-19. Don't think having SWO get a new raft ride will help get more guests to come to the park. Add a rollercoaster. Help make guests want to come and ride rollercoasters not water raft rides.

Reactions: Speed
Judging from their pretty consistent pattern of opening similar coasters in Williamsburg and Tampa (Shiekra & Griffin, Alpengeist & Montu, Verbolten & Cheetah Hunt, etc.), the new coaster is might be a new wooden coaster similar to Invadr. It would also make sense seeing as they just got rid of the biggest wooden coasters they had.

Reactions: MontuBGT and Speed
Judging from their pretty consistent pattern of opening similar coasters in Williamsburg and Tampa (Shiekra & Griffin, Alpengeist & Montu, Verbolten & Cheetah Hunt, etc.), the new coaster is might be a new wooden coaster similar to Invadr. It would also make sense seeing as they just got rid of the biggest wooden coasters they had.
BGT might be getting rid of Gwazi soon. Maybe they will rebuild a new one. Who knows.

BGT building a wooden coaster would be one of the dumbest decisions of all time in a park. Wooden coasters do no hold up well in warm climates. It is the main reason Gwazi was one of the most short lived wooden coasters ever. They could have spent that money on literally anything else. Anything with that much wood in Florida is going to end up trash.

BGT building a wooden coaster would be one of the dumbest decisions of all time in a park. Wooden coasters do no hold up well in warm climates. It is the main reason Gwazi was one of the most short lived wooden coasters ever. They could have spent that money on literally anything else. Anything with that much wood in Florida is going to end up trash.
That's one big trash can

I agree. That hunk of garbage could of crumbled right then and there AS you were riding it when it was opened. It's pretty dumb to replace it with ANOTHER wooden ride. Just demolish it and build something way better, because trust me that's not at all what was bringing guests in from other places. If they put something better there maybe that will, because Gwazi never was.

The Loch Ness Monster at BGW is a steel coaster and most of the rides at both parks have similarities. Maybe they could replace Gwazi with an awesome steel coaster. I don't know what animal it could be based on, but it would be a cool coaster to look at while walking into the park. Maybe a hyena (sorry I think that they should really go with the hyena idea) or a leopard. They shouldn't go with the lion or tiger idea until they can actually put it near the area where that animal is. Leopards aren't even in the park. That could be they're chance to put a leopard exhibit and ride in the park. If they did put the idea of a steel coaster on the "idea shelf" take it down and just use it. I mean even a giga coaster would be great. Something that will be popular is needed at BGT.