Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

This is the same company that opened Mako when SWO was struggling and is in the middle of a coaster spree with SWSD. I think we'll be fine.
And the company that laid off hundreds of workers, stripped JTA of its theming elements, cut event budgets/park hours, and pulled entertainment. We will not be fine if Iron Gwazi is a flop, and we certainly wont get a Giga.

In all honesty, BGT isn't doing that bad as it stands right now. Attendance is pretty solid and they've removed a lot of additional costs. In the future, I would like to see some of those costs returned, such as a bigger investment in their entertainment department. This is by far one of the biggest apparent cuts imo. But yeah, BGT isn't going to die on the sword of Iron Gwazi. I think the park could do even better if it had a wider family appeal.

In all honesty, BGT isn't doing that bad as it stands right now. Attendance is pretty solid and they've removed a lot of additional costs. In the future, I would like to see some of those costs returned, such as a bigger investment in their entertainment department. This is by far one of the biggest apparent cuts imo. But yeah, BGT isn't going to die on the sword of Iron Gwazi. I think the park could do even better if it had a wider family appeal.
I expect Iron Gwazi to bring in a healthy crowd...It's on everyone's top 10's of 2020 list...I think it will be a very very good thing for the park

Then family area

THEN Giga

I agree for sure, even a lot of the GP seem to be excited about this. Many of the locals/passholders remember Gwazi, so to see it revived is pretty cool for them too!

Interesting. If they're filing this early I'm guessing it's something major or at least something requiring a long lead time for site prep.

Here's the plan overlay from the article:

xFp0pRT.jpg

A few notes - Screamin' Swing is totally a guess based only on the fact that BGW just got one and the layout of the paths coming out of the queue building. It could literally be anything, as Busch files their plans with the SWFWMD completly stripped of any foundation/structural/architectural details of their new attractions - these plans are only concerned with the grading and drainage portion of the project area. Additionally, Screamin' Swings are quite loud thanks to their compressed air launch system and screaming guests, and this new attraction is quite close to the Elephant habitat - so who knows, it could be something else entirely.

Looks good hope they can eventually connect this midway to other parts of the park. The whole point of a Screamin Swing is for it to interact with onlookers so I’m a little puzzled as to why it’s set back away from the main path? Then again the last few decisions from this park have left me puzzled

Last edited:
Definitely looks like a Screaming Swing (don't know what else it could be) but yeah, that's an odd location. There also seems to be some sort of entrance plaza to the right of the queue, which is weird for this sort of attraction.

What a let down.

they have the entire Rhino Rally attraction course to repurpose- yet they’re attaching a flat ride to the Rhino Rally load platform. Huge missed opportunity here for a nice family ride.

I feel as if this rules out the rest of the Rhino Rally attraction being replaced in the near future (10 years)

The dynamic attractions off-road ride system would’ve been awesome- or even a rebranded and updated Rhino Rally.

What a let down.

they have the entire Rhino Rally attraction course to repurpose- yet they’re attaching a flat ride to the Rhino Rally load platform. Huge missed opportunity here for a nice family ride.

I feel as if this rules out the rest of the Rhino Rally attraction being replaced in the near future (10 years)

The dynamic attractions off-road ride system would’ve been awesome- or even a rebranded and updated Rhino Rally.

Most of the Rhino Rally space has been used up already by the likes of Cheetah Hunt. And that was the only really interesting part of the ride.

I would've put it where the quarter-to-play trucks and boats are. It would provide GREAT interaction with people exiting Pantopia, and if they wrap the queue behind it, it would provide some amazing views of Kumba. I made a Reddit post about this a while back.

Yes I agree with Freddy. Would have been the ideal spot to put a ride like that. It’s proposed location puts it pretty much in the middle of a grassy field with nothing around it. The whole point of the pendulum ride is for it to swing out and over stuff. Poor planning yet again from the BGT team.