What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 82 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Vekoma makes some fantastic coasters..like I can't think of any modern ones I'd have an issue with at BGT

I do know they were looking to build a hypercoaster, but haven't yet

A Space Warp would be dope though

Orlando feels like 2025. With Epic Universe as close as it is to SWO; I have to think they'd be scrambling to ensure that park can have incentives and measures to get people to come to the park. The land prep next to Aquatica would make sense in this regard.

BGT makes absolute sense as-well; we know they've had interest into doing it, we've seen leaked art and they have been consistently pumping in capital to expand the Tampa park. Can easily see it being the 2026. That being said, I wonder if San Diego comes in after those two.
Back in the Manby days San Diego was going to be the first park in the chain to get a hotel.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Is Sand Serpent closed? Or is it a case of it is slated to close with a coaster of comparable height requirement and thrill level to replace it?

Rode Seregenti Flyers on Saturday and it was great fun. One thing I am unfortunately expecting for them to do is trim down the trees between it and the elephant enclosure. Unless your looking for it, you can easily walk by it. There's a smaller sign out front, but it doesn't really show what the ride is and the entrance marquee is well hidden behind a curve.

Is Sand Serpent closed? Or is it a case of it is slated to close with a coaster of comparable height requirement and thrill level to replace it?

It was open on Saturday

Rode Seregenti Flyers on Saturday and it was great fun. One thing I am unfortunately expecting for them to do is trim down the trees between it and the elephant enclosure. Unless your looking for it, you can easily walk by it. There's a smaller sign out front, but it doesn't really show what the ride is and the entrance marquee is well hidden behind a curve.
Of course if that turns into an entrance path for the hotel traffic will increase through there.

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
While I think this sounds nice, I'm not a fan of a ride going from Pantopia towards Serengeti Flyer with no access to it from Serengeti Flyer. Unless there was some form of a plan to connect the two areas.
Can't give a definitive yes for no on that, I've just been told that my original plot was too small

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
Can't give a definitive yes for no on that, I've just been told that my original plot was too small
Oh no worries, of course, I get that. I just hope the plan is to add something near Serengeti Flyer so that it isn't such a dead end or make way for some path to connect to a different area if possible. Either way it seems the future of BGT is piping with a lot of potential!!!

Reactions: shiekra38
BGT makes absolute sense as-well; we know they've had interest into doing it, we've seen leaked art and they have been consistently pumping in capital to expand the Tampa park. Can easily see it being the 2026. That being said, I wonder if San Diego comes in after those two.
Where is the leaked artwork? In my mind BGT seems like the most deserving park for a hotel, that surrounding area in Temple Terrace isn't tourist friendly at all and the "fanciest" hotels nearby are a Hampton Inn and the Embassy Suites on USF's campus. Plus, the views of the Serengeti should be pretty sweet.