What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 81 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not only has surveying been seen behind Jungala and SandSerpent, we've seen physical survey crews in the park basically everywhere between the Nairobi Train Station and SandSerpent facing toward Serengeti Flyer, which lines up with the "Jethro Phase 2" theory. And as far as I've known thus far, Jethro Phase 2 includes a new Intamin LSM coaster.
Or it's other work happening. The company said there are all kinds of projects happening in the parks. There may be a new attraction coming somewhere in the park, but let's not jump the gun and assume.

Or it's other work happening. The company said there are all kinds of projects happening in the parks. There may be a new attraction coming somewhere in the park, but let's not jump the gun and assume.
That's also possible, and entirely true. We'll have to see what happens.

All I'm saying is temper your expectations. If you're expecting a 375' coaster with 2 miles of track and it's just replacing an aging sewer line that's a BIG let down. Don't put the cart before the horse...

All I'm saying is temper your expectations. If you're expecting a 375' coaster with 2 miles of track and it's just replacing an aging sewer line that's a BIG let down. Don't put the cart before the horse...
If they fix a sewer line and plant some trees here, then there is still a major coaster going elsewhere

Everyone I've seen is approaching this more with "could this be the spot for a series of options" and less "ITS TEH GIGA"

They're moving too quickly for a lot of us to keep up

And there was extensive discussion about them planning a Giga and a family coaster pre-C*vid

I have no reason to believe plans have changed that drastically

With the opening of the show in Pantopia and Flyer, this is a good low year for the park. I think next year will be a lower year and a reboot year with the announcement for our Giga coming Summer 2025.

Oh and please get rid of Turn it Up and bring back narrative storytelling through shows to the park with something Iceploration/Katonga like.
I said what I said.

With the opening of the show in Pantopia and Flyer, this is a good low year for the park. I think next year will be a lower year and a reboot year with the announcement year for our Giga coming Summer 2025.

Oh and please get rid of Turn it Up and bring back narrative storytelling through shows to the park with something Iceploration/Katonga like.
I said what I said.
Something is coming in 2024. I'm moreso leaning toward Jungala project 2024 and Pantopia project in 2025.

Reactions: shiekra38
Orlando feels like 2025. With Epic Universe as close as it is to SWO; I have to think they'd be scrambling to ensure that park can have incentives and measures to get people to come to the park. The land prep next to Aquatica would make sense in this regard.

BGT makes absolute sense as-well; we know they've had interest into doing it, we've seen leaked art and they have been consistently pumping in capital to expand the Tampa park. Can easily see it being the 2026. That being said, I wonder if San Diego comes in after those two.

With a little more time to think about it, I think it will probably be BGT and BGW that would get the hotels first. Tampa has a big opportunity with the drive between Orlando and Tampa getting longer each day it could make it easier/better for the guests who do choose to vacation with SeaWorld Parks. With all their promotional packages they offer great deals on multi-day tickets for all the Florida parks and with Discovery Cove guests getting a week to visit all the Florida parks, they can easily add a one night hotel stay so people can do BGT and Adventure Island.

BGW has always advertised and marketed to the Philadelphia/New Jersey/New York area as a weekend getaway with Colonial Williamsburg and Virginia Beach. They are keeping the park open all year now, and they can sell packages to Sesame Place (PA) passholders as well as people coming within a day's drive.

SWO while a good candidate for a hotel, is surrounded by hotels with more under construction. I don't know there'd be that much demand except to be an add on to Discovery Cove reservations-- that COULD fill a hotel but it really depends on what other plans guests have for their Orlando trip.