What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 79 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah a few of us on Twitter responded to the Twitter posting. Theme parks are the last thing to care about in the world, but when someone tries to use a tragedy for some clicks, really strikes a nerve.
Lol yep, I'm a few of those responses, she stopped responding to me though

That article really pissed me off

But good that BGT has announced an opening

Not really sure why it hasn’t been said on social media but

Edit: This sign might’ve been taken down already according to the comments

Last edited:
Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
Both times Busch Gardens Williamsburg tried for a giga, it was Intamin and not B&M. Wonder if Tampa will go the same way?
This is where things get interesting

Clearly the SWPs are just fine working with Intamin on a 300+ foot coaster (Drachen Spire) and we all know the legendary relationship between them and B&M

It really could be either manufacturer

I lean more towards B&M for a full circuit Giga...They just don't miss

Unless something was designed for BGW we don't know and then moved to BGT in favor of an RMC for BGW

I would love to see a modern Intamin Giga in the states personally...but I'd love to see a B&M Giga in Florida too

This just makes sense that this year is a smaller year with the swing as they prepare for a new coaster for 2024/5. It makes sense they add something big to counter the pull of a brand new park in the Orlando market and even capitalize on the enthusiast/thrill seeker crowds coming to Central Florida and adding a day at BGT.

I think they could use a family coaster as well, and it could be we see something like BGW with big coaster one year, family coaster the next with back to back Intamins. Maybe a family coaster to wind around the former Rhino Rally site not occupied by the swings and then a mega/giga near Jungala or vice versa. SWP&E seems to be aggressively adding coasters

I can see and understand BG going for the moniker of the thrill capital of FL like SFMM is to cali and I do not have an issue with that. I do have an issue, not towards anyone on here, when people make it seem like they are in desperate need of a family coaster when 40% of their current coasters are family coasters (based on height requirements) and I'd argue cheetah hunt is a family coaster as well but with the 48inch requirement, that does push away younger thrill seekers. SO yeah, 40-50% of the current coasters at the park are family coasters, bring on the giga lol.

I can see and understand BG going for the moniker of the thrill capital of FL like SFMM is to cali and I do not have an issue with that. I do have an issue, not towards anyone on here, when people make it seem like they are in desperate need of a family coaster when 40% of their current coasters are family coasters (based on height requirements) and I'd argue cheetah hunt is a family coaster as well but with the 48inch requirement, that does push away younger thrill seekers. SO yeah, 40-50% of the current coasters at the park are family coasters, bring on the giga lol.

2 Family Coasters - Sand Serpent & Cobra's Curse
2 Family-Thrill Coasters - Cheetah Hunt &Scorpion
1 Kiddie Coaster - Air Grover
5 Thrill Coasters - (Gwazi, Montu, Kumba, Tigris, Sheikra)

Most families with little ones are going to skip on Cheetah/Scorpion, so they really only have 2 coaster options + Air Grover if they are really young.

And I don't think anyone goes home talking about Sand Serpent lol

I want a Giga, but there's a demand for family-oriented attractions.

The operative word is "family" lol. I mean, it's like their thrill coasters. Its different thrill levels people like so why cant a family coaster have different levels as well? We have to understand every family attraction isn't (and shouldn't) cater to every aspect of family. Now, saying that, I will agree they need more family oriented ATTRACTIONS in the vein as flat rides and shows.

Cheetah Hunt was intentionally designed for families per Mark Rose the VP of Design at the time

Granted it does have the inversion, which I do know if a factor for some

Personally, when I say "family coaster", I'm asking for something with special effects and maybe a forward backward segment like Dollywood...and some theming

That is something I think the park could really use

As far as need, BGT needs more airtime without the inversions...that's why I keep arriving at a B&M Giga..it would break two records (speed/height), be a capacity monster, be a great headliner, work, and provide some floater that is only present on ShieK's first drop

But a well themed (Cobra level) Intamin family coaster would be cute in-between there lol

Cheetah Hunt was intentionally designed for families per Mark Rose the VP of Design at the time

Granted it does have the inversion, which I do know if a factor for some

Personally, when I say "family coaster", I'm asking for something with special effects and maybe a forward backward segment like Dollywood...and some theming

That is something I think the park could really use

As far as need, BGT needs more airtime without the inversions...that's why I keep arriving at a B&M Giga..it would break two records (speed/height), be a capacity monster, be a great headliner, work, and provide some floater that is only present on ShieK's first drop

But a well themed (Cobra level) Intamin family coaster would be cute in-between there lol

Great point - I think we can agree that the next coaster, no matter how tall/fast/target audience, should not feature an inversion lol