What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 78 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now, what if the SWO 2024 launched family coaster is made by, say, Mack Rides? Does that make an Intamin family style coaster like Wave Breaker more likely for Tampa? :think:

I have thought of that too, free up space for something bigger.
Just for fun, let’s say they take out SandSerpant, The scorpion, Phoenix area, and Pantopia theater, they would have a huge amount of space for I guess whatever they want. If it’s a coaster make it kinda slightly intertwine with Kumba over there, make it race above the train station as well. They could really have some fun with that area even though there may not seem there is a lot of space there.

Just for fun, let’s say they take out SandSerpant, The scorpion, Phoenix area, and Pantopia theater, they would have a huge amount of space for I guess whatever they want. If it’s a coaster make it kinda slightly intertwine with Kumba over there, make it race above the train station as well. They could really have some fun with that area even though there may not seem there is a lot of space there.
Please not Scorpion, I like that coaster!

I think even without taking away Pantopia Theater or Scorpion (both of which I'd hope are here to stay) there should be enough room back there for something major. The park still needs some sort of indoor ride somewhere to give people something to do when it's raining or cold; this would probably be a big enough space for a flying theater.

I think even without taking away Pantopia Theater or Scorpion (both of which I'd hope are here to stay) there should be enough room back there for something major. The park still needs some sort of indoor ride somewhere to give people something to do when it's raining or cold; this would probably be a big enough space for a flying theater.
In theory Pantopia Theater could become the flying theater

I'll ignore the Squorpion part...otherwise, there is an interested plot of land there

I'm sure an RMC Raptor could fit

But other than the SkyRocket II's, SWPs don't really do the "off the shelf" thing

Reactions: BuschAfrica
So a little bit of backtracking research, initial local government plans for major rides at both Tampa, Williamsburg, and some of the SeaWorld Parks have been filed in January, February, or March the year prior to opening. For instance:
  • 2004- SheiKra (Intial permits on March 30, 2004)
  • 2009- Manta SWO (Intial concrete info first unveiled in April 2008)
  • 2014- Falcon's Fury (Initial permits on Feb 22, 2013.)
  • 2016- Cobra's Curse (Initial permits on Feb 5, 2015)
  • 2017- InvadR (first teased by the park in March 2016)
  • 2018- Electric Eel (first unveiled on January 3rd, 2017)
  • (scheduled) 2020- Pantheon (Initial site plan in Feb 2019)
  • (scheduled) 2020- Ice Breaker (Initial site plan in March 2019)
  • (scheduled) 2020- Emperor Dive Coaster at SWSD (Initial Announcement in January 2019)

And for what it's worth, Tigris was permitted in June 2018 for a 2019 opening. It seems like Iron Gwazi and Serengeti Flyer are the two main exceptions, so it does seem possible- even if not likely- a decent coaster could still be in the cards for 2024.

Reactions: shiekra38
So a little bit of backtracking research, initial local government plans for major rides at both Tampa, Williamsburg, and some of the SeaWorld Parks have been filed in January, February, or March the year prior to opening. For instance:
  • 2004- SheiKra (Intial permits on March 30, 2004)
  • 2009- Manta SWO (Intial concrete info first unveiled in April 2008)
  • 2014- Falcon's Fury (Initial permits on Feb 22, 2013.)
  • 2016- Cobra's Curse (Initial permits on Feb 5, 2015)
  • 2017- InvadR (first teased by the park in March 2016)
  • 2018- Electric Eel (first unveiled on January 3rd, 2017)
  • (scheduled) 2020- Pantheon (Initial site plan in Feb 2019)
  • (scheduled) 2020- Ice Breaker (Initial site plan in March 2019)
  • (scheduled) 2020- Emperor Dive Coaster at SWSD (Initial Announcement in January 2019)

And for what it's worth, Tigris was permitted in June 2018 for a 2019 opening. It seems like Iron Gwazi and Serengeti Flyer are the two main exceptions, so it does seem possible- even if not likely- a decent coaster could still be in the cards for 2024.
By that trend, I guess we'll see if anything hits the next two months

It does seem in the past we've seen a 3 to 4 year gap (sans SheiKra to Cheetah Hunt) between 'major' coasters

If IG was a 2020 opening, then 2024 would be on schedule...but also possible we just have a park improvement type year

It seems they're interested in yearly expansion though

However, C*vid really through time tables a bit haywire, so something to consider

By that trend, I guess we'll see if anything hits the next two months

It does seem in the past we've seen a 3 to 4 year gap (sans SheiKra to Cheetah Hunt) between 'major' coasters

If IG was a 2020 opening, then 2024 would be on schedule...but also possible we just have a park improvement type year

It seems they're interested in yearly expansion though

However, C*vid really through time tables a bit haywire, so something to consider
Yea for sure. We'll have to play it by ear but I'd love to see something big next to Kumba ;)

Reactions: BuschAfrica
Scorpion is awesome, a true classic that has an actual circular loop (rather than elliptical) and that helix is superb!

Reactions: shiekra38 and Speed
Article is poorly written as I was able to ride it last summer during the 1-2 weeks it reopened (with constant shutdowns). Really cringe just how bad the media covers theme parks lol
Hmm interesting, I originally mentioned it before the article was edited but then they decided to remove that part I guess?

Hmm interesting, I originally mentioned it before the article was edited but then they decided to remove that part I guess?

Yeah a few of us on Twitter responded to the Twitter posting. Theme parks are the last thing to care about in the world, but when someone tries to use a tragedy for some clicks, really strikes a nerve.

Reactions: Speed