What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A Jungle themed Wave Breaker would be a great fit IMO

The vehicles could be ATV themed

Go for it then ig,
But the park really needs to revive their entertainment options.
I think they're perfectly fine with a rotating group of seasonal shows and leaving the theaters empty the rest of the year

That way they only need to pay acts to come in for a period of time

A family coaster as in "Wave Breaker" type Family Coaster?

That would make the most sense to me.

Yes, something to compete in the family-thrill market. Cobra's Curse is great but the spinning can get to some people. A family-thrill launch coaster, with no spinning and inversions, can have a great impact on BGT.

BGT has a strong passholder base and a must-do for coaster enthusiasts, but I'm wondering if they are considering the implications of Epic Universe coming online in the next few years and people starting to question where they spend their park days.

What long running shows did BGT have in the past ?
Critter Castaways, Opening Night Critters, KaTonga (Still the best theme park show, I have to say that every time I mention it), Iceploration, and World Rhythms on Ice are a few. After mentioning these it kinda feels like the park has lost some personality by removing these long standing shows. I wish they would give the park a headliner show again that actually involves a plot instead of just relying on pop music.

Critter Castaways, Opening Night Critters, KaTonga (Still the best theme park show, I have to say that every time I mention it), Iceploration, and World Rhythms on Ice are a few. After mentioning these it kinda feels like the park has lost some personality by removing these long standing shows. I wish they would give the park a headliner show again that actually involves a plot instead of just relying on pop music.
Bless KaTonga, THE BEST THEME PARK SHOW.
No debate

I said family ride options. Shows aren't important when the park has a million other things to do without getting on a ride. Meanwhile, the current ride lineup is 90% thrilling roller coasters and flats.
There’s much more to a park than rides, it’s seen almost in every park.
Busch has a very long expansive history of memorable shows as listed recently on this thread, why take it away?
Not asking for much really.

There’s much more to a park than rides, it’s seen almost in every park.
Busch has a very long expansive history of memorable shows as listed recently on this thread, why take it away?
Not asking for much really.
I'm just saying the park already has non-ride entertainment options. The park has a built in zoo, including walkthroughs and shows with the animals. Meanwhile if you want to ride anything at the park you have to be a thrill seeker. BGT needs a dark ride, a family coaster, and family flats a lot more than it needs a show.

Reactions: OrlLover
What long running shows did BGT have in the past ?
World Rhythms on Ice, Critter Castaways, Haunted Lighthouse (4D film so maybe that doesn't count), Iceploration, Mor-Rockn'Roll, and KaTonga

KaTonga was by far the best show they've done and easily outshined Disney

All of the past shows tied some aspect of the park together and served a clear purpose

My thought is, now that the park has shifted identity a bit, shows dialed into "theme" don't really fit in too much

It would definitely be nice, especially after adding Iron Gwazi, if their next addition was more family focused. I know the park as a whole isn't really one that's meant for the younger ones, but this area that we're looking at with a SBNO attraction is aimed at people who want a less intense experience, so whatever replaces it should match that.

Nah, they really don't. They need more family ride options. Shows aren't important.
Despite the amazing entertainment they have had in the past and how much I wish they would return to that now that I'm older, I think it's pretty clear you're right. They're an amusement park so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that rides create the most benefit.

Last edited:
Apparently, Dan from Midway Mayhem seems to think SWO is getting one of those straddle coasters in 2024. It seems highly unlikely both BGT and SWO get the same type of attraction in 2024. I wonder if a coaster addition is off the table at this point?

Apparently, Dan from Midway Mayhem seems to think SWO is getting one of those straddle coasters in 2024. It seems highly unlikely both BGT and SWO get the same type of attraction in 2024. I wonder if a coaster addition is off the table at this point?
Which type of straddle? A lot of companies have single rail now.