Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

Yes, they confirmed they will be closed on Sundays just like the locations in other theme parks (Hershey, Cedar Point, etc).

The online reaction to this announcement seems very positive. I won't spend my money there, but I'm sure it will do well.

Interested in finding out the price point for it. Also, are they planning on expanding the seating for it? From what I remember it only has a small outdoor seating area.

I still don't get the argument that established fast food brands can't exist in theme parks

Like, I'm hoping BGT works in more chains to the park

Being real, there's a lot of empty food and shop places at BGT that could be filled

Putting aside the questionable past of the CFA, I think this can be a success or a failure based on how it's presented. I think if Busch Gardens can make an effort to work it into the theme and minimize the Chick Fil A branding it'll be similar to a lot of the outside brands used at other parks like Disney. But if they pull a Six Flags and plaster Chick Fil A posters and logos all over the restaurant, park, and map then it'll cheapen the whole park and really take away the theming of that whole area. Plus, I don't know if Busch Gardens would really want to be advertising the fact that it's bringing in a fairly controversial brand anyway, so it's probably best that they just keep the restaurant as Bengal Bistro---now quietly serving CFA sandwiches.

Putting aside the questionable past of the CFA, I think this can be a success or a failure based on how it's presented. I think if Busch Gardens can make an effort to work it into the theme and minimize the Chick Fil A branding it'll be similar to a lot of the outside brands used at other parks like Disney. But if they pull a Six Flags and plaster Chick Fil A posters and logos all over the restaurant, park, and map then it'll cheapen the whole park and really take away the theming of that whole area. Plus, I don't know if Busch Gardens would really want to be advertising the fact that it's bringing in a fairly controversial brand anyway, so it's probably best that they just keep the restaurant as Bengal Bistro---now quietly serving CFA sandwiches.
There will be a sign out front that says "Chic-Fil-A" guaranteed

And no they really don't care that some people on the internet don't like it

This is what the Cedar Point one looks like:

large.jpg

I would expect something similar at BG; as an operating participant you expect that people will be able to tell what the restaurant is and not just a Bengal Bistro that happens to have CFA nuggs and sandwiches.

Honestly, Chik-Fil-A is probably better than a lot of the foods that you can buy from the in-park providers. Their sandwiches are delicious.
I have a few friends that work there, and they're going to try and move in to the BGT location, ones a manager and I'm banking on her getting it and giving me coupons

That said, I hope this is a trend that continues at the SWP, I'd love a Panda, maybe Chipotle, etc

Wonder if they're repainting Cheetah Hunt in that time? The yellow supports need it. Or maybe it's also for work in the old Rhino Rally area...

This is the first time Cheetah Hunt has really been down (aside from Covid) since it opened, so it's probably needed, but wouldn't surprise me if something on the Rhino Rally site is the reason for this as well.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place but I wasn’t sure where to ask, does anybody know if the park is normally busy on Thanksgiving day?