What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa?? | Page 84 | Inside Universal Forums

What's next for Busch Gardens Tampa??

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I need to get out to Sea World and BGT again soon. I'm local and can get in free via some friends and yet I never go. Still haven't been on Iron Gwazi, Serengeti Flyer, Ice Breaker, Infinity Falls, and can guarantee I won't be on Pipeline for a bit after it opens, either.
You do, like for real

Reactions: OhHaiInternet95
You do, like for real
Well as far as Infinity Falls goes, i've been to SWO multiple times since it's been open and just purposefully skipped it. I haven't been to Busch Gardens since HOS the year before it opened and just haven't gotten up there since. Last Time I was at SWO was for HOS the year before Ice Breaker opened.

Reactions: shiekra38
I was at BGT the other day and it was packed, like more packed than I saw it pre-Covid

Why I bring this up is because of the food situation. The quick service locations just can't handle it,

And there's a good chance you may not be able to even get a table.

I really feel like BGT needs a sit down restaurant, like Sharks Underwater Grill at SW

Also, the Skyride needs to reopen, I really miss it

I was at BGT the other day and it was packed, like more packed than I saw it pre-Covid

Why I bring this up is because of the food situation. The quick service locations just can't handle it,

I really feel like BGT needs a sit down restaurant, like Sharks Underwater Grill at SW

Sadly I heard it was pretty empty today, despite it being a Friday (and Kumba's 30th birthday to boot). : (

This is why all of the SW parks have been adding coolers with sandwiches and drinks in the shops-- they know it's a way to get the guests fed and spread out the crowds from the restaurants, as well as further boost sales.

I guess the new pass holder lounge sorta took away the park's only sit down restaurant, though in all fairness that restaurant was rarely open.
They really ought to bring food back to the Hospitality House (currently called Springs Taproom), idk why they nerfed it into a bar several years ago but it's clearly designed to be a restaurant and has huge dining areas now going unused. Returning that option alone would make a big dent in the crowds that overwhelm the few remaining restaurants in the park.
They should also revamp the food offerings like other parks in the chain have done. Right now the "fanciest" food you can find at BGT that isn't a sampler from a seasonal event is Chick Fil A, which is literal fast food sold at theme park prices from a ubiquitous outside chain that many people don't support and isn't open on Sundays.
I still like the idea of a sit-down place in the Moroccan area, replacing either the former parking lot snack stand now known as Zagora Café or the demolished theater across the way from it, both of which are major eyesores in a high visibility and high traffic area.

Save your dignity, and go to the Fazoli's across the street. Better quality, pricing, and worth leaving the park for.

I love dining inside the theme parks, but outside of special events, SW/BG are horrendous.

Reactions: shiekra38
Shame BG doesn't have any great interesting options for quick service. I don't mind theme park prices as long as the food is unique compared to the typical burgers/tenders/pizza. The Giraffe Bar/Seregenti Overlook is prime for a better offering. BG has some of the best QSR scenic locations but fails miserably in their offerings.

Reactions: Thatguyoverwhere
Some recent notes:

Lots of work on the Skyride in the last few weeks, been seeing them work tower to tower a lot more frequently than they used to but it's the Skyride so who knows. Same with Falcon's Fury

Glad to see all the theaters filled once again in the park, new show Icons gives me old Desert Grill nostalgia and really enjoyed it.

Only been on weekdays recently but Serengeti Flyer is always a ghost town, even at peak times the ride doesn't fill a full train

Wouldn't expect Montu up for a bit

Reactions: AnyNameYouWish
Only been on weekdays recently but Serengeti Flyer is always a ghost town, even at peak times the ride doesn't fill a full train

Wouldn't expect Montu up for a bit

They did a pretty good job at hiding it from pretty much everywhere, but that of course is resulting in low attendance for it. It's a great ride, but it is very well hidden unless you know where to look. I hate saying this, but this is one instance where they should relocate some trees to make it more visible from the pathway.

As for Sand Serpent, I wish they could have moved this elsewhere in the park and placed it indoors. BGT needs an indoor coaster during the summer/torrential downpours.

They did a pretty good job at hiding it from pretty much everywhere, but that of course is resulting in low attendance for it. It's a great ride, but it is very well hidden unless you know where to look. I hate saying this, but this is one instance where they should relocate some trees to make it more visible from the pathway.

As for Sand Serpent, I wish they could have moved this elsewhere in the park and placed it indoors. BGT needs an indoor coaster during the summer/torrential downpours.
I still haven't been to the park since it opened so I haven't seen what the sightlines look like, but tbf I think it's probably for the best Serengeti Flyer isn't super visible; it'd be an eyesore. Rhino Rally had 45 minute lines back when it had the water portion, so maybe it could be partially a lack of interest from people who know it's there?

Sand Serpent doesn't seem like a huge loss, though considering all the possible replacements rumored so far have been off-the-shelf outdoor roller coasters that would be very similar to something BGT already has, I probably would've preferred an enclosed version of Sand Serpent too. Would've been more unique and would've given at least a subset of guests something to ride when it rains.