Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

What's Your HHN 24 Plan of Attack?

Hello friends and fiends. I will be attending opening night for first time this year, and haven't been to HHN in a few years. I am enjoying reading the suggestions on which way to go, and will suggest to my wife that we start to the right. Do they open the gates right at 6:30pm, or can you get in a little earlier than that? Happy haunting!

They open a few minutes early (sometimes)but there is normally a very long line to get in.
Better if you have a park ticket for the day to "Stay and Scream" you do not have to wait as long in line to get in.You either stay in Finagans Pub or in front of ET in a holding area .Then they lead the whole group to the first opening House .

They open a few minutes early (sometimes)but there is normally a very long line to get in.
Better if you have a park ticket for the day to "Stay and Scream" you do not have to wait as long in line to get in.You either stay in Finagans Pub or in front of ET in a holding area .Then they lead the whole group to the first opening House .

Thanks for the tip, but we won't be doing Stay and Scream this year. We do have Halloween Horror Nights express passes, though, so it shouldn't be too bad! :yikes:

Great thread. Thanks for starting it.

This will be our third HHN just starting with 21. Missed last year. Oct 2 will be our first night. For 21 and 22 we did Epcot's F&W during the day so did not do Stay and Scream. Got to the front gate right at 5 and were first to get in. Have always gone to the right and done the parade tents first. Will do Stay & Scream this year and most likely choose Finnegans. Not sure of the best plan but maybe do the 1st SS house then head back to the Parade and Tents then maybe a show and take in the zones. I'll be taking my time this year because I'll be going all four nights that week. Will be checking back here to see how lines and crowds are the first two weeks, Can't wait.

I usually just go counter clockwise starting with parade building every time I go and I always get every house done at least once. Last year I went on a Saturday and I was still able to get everything done once, except for the shows. I don't really have any interest in the shows to be honest.

I usually just go counter clockwise starting with parade building every time I go and I always get every house done at least once. Last year I went on a Saturday and I was still able to get everything done once, except for the shows. I don't really have any interest in the shows to be honest.

I thought about doing that in the past, but the soundstage houses always become a 60 min wait after 7-7:30. well everything gets long after 7:30 or so.
I don't think I was able to do any soundstage house after 8 in the past actually. Unless it was near closing time.

I tried to keep up time stamps but do to the rain if was quite hard. Most houses hit 30-90mins between 8pm-Close. I was really quite shocked when I saw Halloween at 90mins around 10=ish. I guess that house is the popular one along with AvP and WD. Even at 11:50-ish Halloween was rocking a 35min wait(The cast kept up the energy)

I waited in the Diagon Alley "stay n scream" area which was empty for the most part.

I'm surprised more people didn't leave early due to the rain. But opening night you get the diehards. I got in line for Halloween at around 11.35 and it was posted 60 and we waited in 3 and a half switchbacks. But once midnight hit and the express line ran out the line flowed so well. Makes me wish they removed express. But whichever cast that was in the house around 12.15 was on point. Top house so far for me.

I'm going on October 3rd. I usually do all the houses starting counterclockwise, but with the soundstage houses reaching 60-90 minute waits at 8:00 or so, do you guys think I should do WD and AvP first? Then do everything else?

U either have to do em first or last. Last sat we did the latter and walking dead was a posted 60 mins at 10.30 but we waited 45 and then avp was a posted 75 and we waited 20. I think that sometimes they crank the wait times up late to discourage people from getting in line so they can close up shop as early as possible after closing.

Need help guys going on the 24th out of all the years of going to HHN this is the first when i could only go and its on a peak night. so I'm kinda out of my realm.Usually i do finegans early entry but really have no clue which one this year. There seems to be so many choices. I hear that some like in diagon and in lucy dont even let out till park opens?!?! that is ridiculous....i know lines will be shortest in the beginning and end of the night but i just dont know how to hit these houses this year!!!

any help greatly appreciated!!!

oh and not to mention I'm bringing HHN newbies....oh boy....:doh:

THANKS!!:cheers:

Need help guys going on the 24th out of all the years of going to HHN this is the first when i could only go and its on a peak night. so I'm kinda out of my realm.Usually i do finegans early entry but really have no clue which one this year. There seems to be so many choices. I hear that some like in diagon and in lucy dont even let out till park opens?!?! that is ridiculous....i know lines will be shortest in the beginning and end of the night but i just dont know how to hit these houses this year!!!

any help greatly appreciated!!!

oh and not to mention I'm bringing HHN newbies....oh boy....:doh:

THANKS!!:cheers:

I would sugliest doing kidzone, especially if they keep opening halloween at 5.45 from here on out. Do that then hit up Ronoake and Dollhouse. All will be walk on. Then do Giggles and that should be no more than 20 mins. From there you can see how the soundstage lines are or take a break and see a show and do some rides even. Honestly halloween is the house wh r re the line builds fast and stay long the latest. Since the casuals flood walking dead early it isn't bad the last hour or so. And even avp comes down late. U can do all the houses any given night as long as you do stay and scream and are willing to stay til closing. As for diagon then let them out at 5.45 as well Sunday but like 30 seconds after us waiting at duff so we were ahead of em. They let you wait inside fast food Boulevard and you can have a duff or two while you wait which is nice.

Last edited:
thanks for your advice!! just trying to get the best game plan together so i can try and get everything done! so you suggest doing sound stages closer to closing? and or what about doing AVP first then head over to halloween?? If you go this weekend make sure to repost if you think any thing has changed as in best plan of attack!!!

Thanks!!

With the distance and popularity u are going to have to choose and end up waiting for one of em. I just suggest saying away from the soundstages early because all the walking dead crazies are there and then the flood into the rest. Dracula was 75 mins and FDTD 60 around 8ish last night. Both were under 30 after 11ish for the rest of the night.

Here is how I did it Sunday.

5.45 did halloween twice walk on. Ronoake walkon, Dollhouse walkon, halloween 15 min wait, Giggles 25 mins. This brought us to about 7.45ish and all the soundstages were getting packed. We did rides since I was with people that haven't been to uni before. Saw the 10.30 bill and ted. When that git out we waited an hour for avp. 15 for Dracula , 20 for FDTD and then 30 for walking dead. Got out of the house at 2.05 and left. If you start avp you will walk on that and then be able to do Dracula and fdtd sub 20 min waits but walking dead will be 2 hours and halloween will most likely be 90 mins plus at that point.

And I would say the ny stay and scream is way more packed then kidone. Even counting in diagon people.

Okay guys, I'm probably going this Friday...yes, I know, its Hell Week...

Soooo....what do y'all suggest I do to try and get all the houses done in one night? Most likely we will have Express