What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will the Walking Dead Return for Year 5?

Will it come back?

• Yes

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally doubt that the Walking Dead is driving that many more people to the event that wouldn't be coming anyways at this point. I can't see how there wouldn't be a diminishing returns effect from having it year after year. I suppose the only question is, is how many years will it take before the profit earned by the ticket sales, merchandise, food/drink purchases, etc., from the number of extra people they feel it drives to the event diminishes to the point where it's not worth the cost and effort of licensing and implementing the IP.

I can assure you. If TWD is coming back, and it probably is, Aiello ain't happy. Reimagining the same IP over and over again is no fun for them... just a grueling requirement of the job.
They were visably unhappy about it last year, always brushing it over whenever it was mentioned during the press interviews. I mean who would be happy? 5 years in a row of possibly the most boring thing you could base something on and doing literally anything you can with it? It should've ended in 24, if it comes back again then I'm expecting the worst and nothing but the worst, to that I have every right to

I personally doubt that the Walking Dead is driving that many more people to the event that wouldn't be coming anyways at this point. I can't see how there wouldn't be a diminishing returns effect from having it year after year. I suppose the only question is, is how many years will it take before the profit earned by the ticket sales, merchandise, food/drink purchases, etc., from the number of extra people they feel it drives to the event diminishes to the point where it's not worth the cost and effort of licensing and implementing the IP.
I've always assumed that there was no cost to license it. Seems like a mutually beneficial deal, HHN gets a popular IP and the show gets some extra free exposure. Also I noticed they seem to ask a lot of questions in the surveys about how it impacts your desire to watch the show.

One other aspect I've noticed over the years is that many people in the general public see that WD is in the advertisements and assume that HHN as a whole is a repeat of the previous year. For example I asked a co-worker 2 years ago if he was going to HHN and he said "no because it's just the same as last year". I asked what he was talking about and had to explain to him that the Walking Dead elements were different from previous years and that the rest of the event was all different.

One other aspect I've noticed over the years is that many people in the general public see that WD is in the advertisements and assume that HHN as a whole is a repeat of the previous year. For example I asked a co-worker 2 years ago if he was going to HHN and he said "no because it's just the same as last year". I asked what he was talking about and had to explain to him that the Walking Dead elements were different from previous years and that the rest of the event was all different.

This is also something I've wondered about, too.

I've always assumed that there was no cost to license it. Seems like a mutually beneficial deal, HHN gets a popular IP and the show gets some extra free exposure. Also I noticed they seem to ask a lot of questions in the surveys about how it impacts your desire to watch the show.

They do have to pay AMC, as backwards as that sounds. And it isn't a small amount of money.

Yup, it'll be there. Yes, the tub/pool walker scene was ridiculous, but I, as a few of you mentioned earlier, had a few really good runs through last year. I thought for the most part the cast worked really hard. Great house last year? Nope, but I certainly didn't hate it and I really hope they try to make it a better house for 26, because TWD will definitely return.

It would be nice to have a break from TWD this year, but next year for HHN 27 it would be quite interesting.

Would they be able to pull off Shiva in the house? Rawr.

I imagine it will be there. I love walking dead but could take or leave it at this point. I enjoy the houses because its like walking through the season. However, this season might be a little light in terms of content. In years past there was many scenes that could be used. None are jumping of the top of my head right now.

I can see them easily doing an Alexandria Scarezone in the NYC section and have the walls up. Maybe have a little show every now and then like the Wolves are attacking, or the walkers have broken through in hords. It could work, but I can't see a FULL haunted house without borrowing scenes from previous years to make it full length. For a house I could see the quarry, the pet shop, the alley way with the dumpster, Morgan's "Here isn't here" scene in the woods and cabin facade, Alexandria under attack, the gas station, the radar outpost where Negan's men camped, that hallway where Maggie and Carol were held ransom, the woods leading up to Negan's first appearance. They could get creative with misdirection and the ominous whistling.) Then I know they don't have characters who aren't dead, but how cool would it be to have mannequins of all the characters crouching in front of Negan as he walks back and forth saying his speech as a finale???

I sure hope not. I'd take a Breaking Bad House, I'd take a Seinfeld House!
I stopped watching the show after this season, it's depressing and I don't enjoy watching an hour of people talking back and forth. The cow has to run out of milk eventually.

Every avid fan I know is slowly getting sick of it. That last finale pissed so many people off. That and with fear the walking dead premiering directly after it I'm positive the fatigue will grow soon

Every avid fan I know is slowly getting sick of it. That last finale pissed so many people off. That and with fear the walking dead premiering directly after it I'm positive the fatigue will grow soon

Not that I don't disagree, but it was still #1 on TV for Season 6. Can't really tell if the hate the finale got resonates into Season 7 until after it premieres. (Maybe 2nd or 3rd week, people will tune in just for the death reveal)

Not that I don't disagree, but it was still #1 on TV for Season 6. Can't really tell if the hate the finale got resonates into Season 7 until after it premieres. (Maybe 2nd or 3rd week, people will tune in just for the death reveal)
Lol, I actually liked the ending, Rick's delusions of grandeur catching up with him.

That's what I'm thinking too. The show's writers are Einstein smart in terms of getting people to stick around for as long as possible due to cliffhangers and set ups. It really is insane how many times this has happened in the series.

Every single year there's always a post about "I can see this being a haunted house, not enough content" yet universal digs to the bottom of the barrel and finds a way to make a sloppy joe from it. I don't doubt them anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.