What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Will the Walking Dead Return for Year 5?

Will it come back?

• Yes

Votes: 40 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 32 44.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My facebook page had a lot of people complaining about it. But what is funny some of the people who complained said half way thru the season they were done with the show. So if you were done, how did the season finale make you so angry that you are done again? I imagine those same people will still watch next season.

My facebook page had a lot of people complaining about it. But what is funny some of the people who complained said half way thru the season they were done with the show. So if you were done, how did the season finale make you so angry that you are done again? I imagine those same people will still watch next season.

Depending on Episode 1, I can see the tail off beginning there. I've already lost interest. I'll watch it to see who was axed, but I'm probably done after that.

Lol ... the finale is what makes me interested again. The saviors seem very interesting.

Depending on Episode 1, I can see the tail off beginning there. I've already lost interest. I'll watch it to see who was axed, but I'm probably done after that.

I don't know. I have said to my husband that Walking Dead is a soap opera for guys. I know girls watch too, but it is built so men will like it a lot. It has many story arcs very similar to soap operas in how they play out and how realism sometimes needs to be put aside. Well when I watched Days of our Lives I and many others all the time said we are done, we can't take it anymore. Then we would maybe stop for a couple weeks, but always come back. Sometimes we didn't stop at all. I would fast forward boring parts, but still watch. Having twins kind of kicked my habit for good about 3 years ago when I was 40 episodes behind. I deleted all 40 episodes and stopped my season pass on my Tivo. I still read the magazine covers in the store and seriously can't watch one episode as I know I will be hooked again. So I feel like Walking Dead is like this. You watch one episode (like you said to see who dies) and it will pull you into the other story lines they start up in that season premier. I don't think ratings will drop as much as people think.

I don't know. I have said to my husband that Walking Dead is a soap opera for guys. I know girls watch too, but it is built so men will like it a lot. It has many story arcs very similar to soap operas in how they play out and how realism sometimes needs to be put aside. Well when I watched Days of our Lives I and many others all the time said we are done, we can't take it anymore. Then we would maybe stop for a couple weeks, but always come back. Sometimes we didn't stop at all. I would fast forward boring parts, but still watch. Having twins kind of kicked my habit for good about 3 years ago when I was 40 episodes behind. I deleted all 40 episodes and stopped my season pass on my Tivo. I still read the magazine covers in the store and seriously can't watch one episode as I know I will be hooked again. So I feel like Walking Dead is like this. You watch one episode (like you said to see who dies) and it will pull you into the other story lines they start up in that season premier. I don't think ratings will drop as much as people think.
And that's why they say people are "addicted" to a show. You can't have just one. :)

Listen, if WD is there and the rest of the even is event 1/2 as good as last year, I'll be happy

Only 1/2? I think we're going to end up with a better event, at least with the houses considering that AWIL flopped and Purge was shoehorned in last minute.
Also, Walking Dead wasn't horrible last year. I think the hot tub walkers just made it seem a lot worse than it was.

Only 1/2? I think we're going to end up with a better event, at least with the houses considering that AWIL flopped and Purge was shoehorned in last minute.

I mean, there's always gonna be bad houses. And AWIL was still entertaining as hell, IMO.

But it's going to be really hard to top 25 Years/Body Collectors/Freddy vs Jason/Insidious, IMO. Those four houses were all amazing to me. Not to mention Carnage Returns

Also, Walking Dead wasn't horrible last year. I think the hot tub walkers just made it seem a lot worse than it was.

I didn't even go into TWD last year.

I felt TWD in 2014 was probably the best house they've done for the series. Last year's didn't even get me to jump. I was too busy laughing my butt off at how bad the house was and how you could easily tell the scareactors did NOT want to be in the house.

From a business perspective, I totally get TWD being a part of HHN26. It is an iconic franchise that brings in people that may not take a second-glance at HHN otherwise. I felt so bad last year seeing the insane lines for the house, knowing how bad the experience was inside (compared to other offerings last year).

I honestly don't understand why the houses have fallen flat, as the premise is there to make a great house - from prop sets to storyline, scares, etc. I'm not sure if the creative team is pigeon-holed by the licensing agreement or what, but it's just odd to me that we've had so many bad houses around this franchise (when something like the Purge came off surprisingly well).

I honestly don't understand why the houses have fallen flat, as the premise is there to make a great house - from prop sets to storyline, scares, etc. I'm not sure if the creative team is pigeon-holed by the licensing agreement or what, but it's just odd to me that we've had so many bad houses around this franchise (when something like the Purge came off surprisingly well).

I think the agreement is very restrictive, and I think A&D just does not care about the houses at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.